ENDTOWN 2016-06-01 Screaming bloody murder

Today's comic didn't have a proper thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B9zUbKbVjWUBcTRWdDZqaTN1bXc/view?usp=drivesdk
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endtown_RPG
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fucking hillside drivers.

Confused Query: Is it just me or the mouse meat bag seem to have a flip switch on sanity when it comes to chaos or stress and it flips when there isn't a fight or flight response present?

Hey guys, sorry I have not been update posting this week, honestly I've just been mulling about arranging art assests to send off to the publisher.

I've also been sketching out remaking he skill system to be 1d100+stat+skill level. Each skill will correspond for a stat, each skill level will have a number threshold that you must roll over. In this sense, combat and skills will work in the same roll.

But yeah, things are getting to a critical juncture in the development. If there was ever a time for stupid ideas to be proposed and thrown in the game it would probably be now.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B9zUbKbVjWUBcTRWdDZqaTN1bXc/view?usp=drivesdk

[email protected]

Yes. She seems to panic after the fact.

hey man
I suppose the only recommendation I'd have is a proper character sheet. Like with the list of skills and their levels, character name, age, race, size, etc.

Not sure why she's so upset. I mean, they're alive right? They just need to head over to that H&H and have a cup of joe.

Glad they got nuked.

Beardchef could still be alright, r-right?

A-user...
I'm so sorry.

They will live in our hearts

Page 9 bump

m Ouse pussy smell

Seems like Holly is paying a visit to the dentist in the first panel.
Uhh..okay?

There are character sheets, actually.

Made by one of the players.

If Indiana Jones can survive an explosion inside a fridge, beard chef can survive an explosion by running into a walk in freezer.

And it looks like Doc is about to take a protagonist role while Holly remains unhinged.

>And it looks like Doc is about to take a protagonist role while Holly remains unhinged
That sounds nice, Doc is character that easily could lead his own arc, to move a bit the thread: What other characters would you like to see to have their own arc? Mallard can be a obvious one, maybe Petey too or maybe the guy who owns the Endtown's bar listening to the histories that the people has to share him.

We need to e-mail Aaron and see if any of the three survived, and if we'll ever see them again.

You've got your own page on the /tg/ wiki, feel free to edit it. I think the rules there are a really old version.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Endtown_RPG

It's the last two pages. I can't post pdfs on Sup Forums so here is an old png version.

We have had it for like months now.

Yeah, probably should do that.

These action pages are great but kinda difficult to make for discussion.

But you can't say that they are not amanzing, just imagine seeing this animated. Something tells me that we won't see any discussion until Monday when things calm down for the moment

Here are the most recent versions

What I'm really curious about is how Holly and Chase go from here to Endtown. Do they just find a hole that leads there? Is there some magical bus that takes them? Are they going to be thrown in a death camp first?

Bump

This will come in handy

I think you might be onto something here, user

Kind of easy to forget this is all an illusion

Not all of it

Don't remind us Satan.

They were talking about their feelings right?

The only thing Wally knows for sure is real is DAT ASS!

what is is with lizard mutants being promiscuous whores?

Not even a week after becoming one, Sarah goes from "Promise me you will never leave me, Jim" to this.

Looking at her and Kirbee, it seems like it comes with being a lizard.

OTP

some one need's to draw jim doing this...

>need's

that fuck is wrong with me

Sarah was a huge bitch willing to toss people aside for her goals.

Kirbee just lost everyone she knew and her home, in addition to narrowly escaping death. Sometimes that makes people do weird things user.

user! what are you doing!

They're kind of polar opposites.

She also now knows that Holly doesn't deserve someone like Wally. And likely won't want to see him go the same way as Lyn.

>Walt: Hey jim! heard you like fishing!

i'm a kirbeefag and this is stale bait, steer clear.

To be fair, running and screaming seems like a REALLY good idea under the circumstances.

>Kirbee just lost everyone she knew and her home, in addition to narrowly escaping death.

She sure seems bothered by it.

Except for the likelihood of triggering even more buddibombs from people freaked out by the shrieking, bloodsoaked mutant running towards them.

Aaron flat out stated that mutants suffer from cartoon animal tropes, Holly and her cheese addiction, Jim gathering trash and so on.

He has also gone on to say that lizards are considered "cold-blooded" and mentions the reptile brain. Kirbee could be dumb because lizards are so simple-minded. The cannibalism comes from lizard habits as well. Kirbee may not be an apparent sociopath cannibal, but perhaps she could instinctively eat Chick/Holly/Irving out of nowhere and get over it in an hour.

Does anyone else think part of her losing her shit recently was partly due to her miscarrying during the milk trial?

That's a misconception, she wasn't pregnant then.

hello gocomics

Yeah, Aaron covered that; Holly wasn't pregnant during the Milk Trial.

She was having a flashback to fish baby.

I'm sure if she was pregnant the baby would have been brought on separate charges.

I never read the comments, i was on endtown.com till the unity arc. I should follow the author though and see what he's saying.

don't go to the gocomic's comment section unless you want to drop a few braincells

Lizards aren't typically characterized as simple minded. Most often it's vicious and ruthless, underhanded even.

So I imagine Kirbee must have been a walking drama crisis before that whole cold-blooded thing kicked in.

>So I imagine Kirbee must have been a walking drama crisis before that whole cold-blooded thing kicked in.

well everyone has had it rough, i want to see what kirbee story's all about.

She was a country ditz from goddamn drakesville. I don't know if it's official but some of Aaron's concept art had Mallard being from Drakesville as well.

>Holly is having a psychological break and needs help
>Wally macks on the nearest woman while the woman that loves him is being driven insane

Way to go Wally.

Yeah this is so out of left field.

Like shows, is not entirely Wally's fault he's just feeling the pression of not being loved anymore by the woman he loves. This reminds me more or less of the same situation that James Sunderland suffers in Silent HIll 2: he loved his wife, but her sickness change her into a different person that it was hard for him to loved her anymore.

This

Go home Jim God, you're drunk.

Wally didn't make any moves on Kirbee. She ends up kissing him both times they did. He could let her down and say he's taken. But fuck Holly, she's worst than Hitler.

No way, baby!

based on what we have come to see from Endtown, Kirbee has done something horrible to be as opposite of evil as she is now.

That Sarah Battle is such a sweet girl, I just don't know what she sees in that hotrod hooligan Jim, he's nothing but trouble!

>But fuck Holly, she's worst that Hitler
Well memed kiddo

>worse than Hitler
>not as bad as your spelling

user, you want this thread to derail into another grammar discussion?

They say an argument is over the moment someone makes a comparison of their opposition to Nazis or Hitler. Said person who made the comparison is said to have lost the argument.

Case in point.

Nah Daddy-O, I'm just here to race!

Endtown has cars right? What if sometimes they organize secret races a la Fast and Furious?

>Endtown has cars right? What if sometimes they organize secret races a la Fast and Furious?

Endtown itself has cars, yes. We saw an ambulance and a ratmobile

Better question, do used-to-be criminals collect cars, gasoline, and parts in order to do raids throughout the wastes? Eventually they build a society of criminals and thugs who run rampant in their own section of the wastes, but look to expand their territories.

>Krupp
Isn't that the same brand as the incinerator whe see before the current page?

>Krupp

>requesting Jim as Capt. Underpants

Requesting Wally as Kenshiro

>Krupp

I suggest we let this thread die so tomorrow's update can actually have a proper thread and not half of this one then half of other.

>Wally didn't make any moves on Kirbee.

he's holding her head as they kiss... i wants the cloaca user.

>he*

Freudian slip?

Isn't the reptile brain is the seat of lust, though? It sounded like the lizards were pretty into "free love", at least. Feels like Kirbee may not have hangups about promiscuity or polygamy, which is perhaps why she instigates this stuff.

I wonder if the love triangle will eventually turn into a three-way relationship, if Holly and Wally can accept that? Another mixed-up novelty in a new world...

Or, perhaps, Wally will eventually see her doing the same thing for someone else she feels sorry for and then realise Kirbee's love is a bit more impersonal than he thought, even if there is a kind intent behind it.

>which is perhaps why she instigates this stuff.

does she?

>I wonder if the love triangle will eventually turn into a three-way relationship

that's highly unlikely, i don't think it will go beyond those kisses to be honest, which is a bummer for me, not because i do ship Kirbee and Wally, but because the whole thing would feel completely unnecessary at the end, like some kind of filler drama.

>Wally will eventually see her doing the same thing for someone else she feels sorry for.

only that she doesn't love him out of pity, but because he saved her life from unity, which is probably a lot fucking more than anyone has ever done for her since she became a lizard.

>does she?

Well, the first time, even though she knew he was in a relationship. The second time Wally was an equal participant as far as we can tell - there's a long shot, and then in the next they were kissing again, if memory serves. That's what I'm saying, though, I think the free love thing let her initiate the relationship and while she does care for Wally, there's a chance he might be in for a bit of a surprise when it comes to how she views their relationship, or even romance in general.

I agree with the first time, i guess she couldn't help herself to thank him for saving him, but the second time in which she prevented him from jumping into the portal was obviously an move out of fear, she didn't want him to die, and the third, well... i guess they just let their feeling loose for a little while.

>Isn't the reptile brain is the seat of lust, though?

that's poetry, not biology

Well yeah. She has clearly seen that Wally loves Holly, yet she courts him all the same. What kind of "exceptionally nice person" would even harbor the thought of doing something like that to anybody? Unless she is being vindictive towards Holly for yelling at her, in which case she is most certainly not all sunshine and rainbows as some would like to think.

Ah, I forgot about the portal-jumping instance, my bad.

I didn't address the sympathy vs hero-worship bit either: I think it started with hero-worship with a side order of "Cheer up, little dude" (), but deepened on the sympathetic side of things when she saw more of how his relationship with Holly was going. I recall feeling that there was just something in that look she gave him when they were flying...

For the record, I hope he can help Holly and patch things up with her (though I don't think the Holly that emerges from this will be the one he fell in love with, either...), but I don't think Kirbee is bad or disingenuous in any way.

You mean, akin to cartoon logic?

>vindictive towards Holly for yelling at her

hahaha that's silly but funny if it turns out to be true, "HAHA! I TOOK YOUR MAN FOR BEING MEAN TO ME!"

>I hope he can help Holly and patch things up with her

he will try for sure, it;s all up to holly at this point.

>I don't think the Holly that emerges from this will be the one he fell in love with, either...

or the Holly who fell in love with him on the first place, there's a theory that Holly baby projected into Wally from the beginning, if she some how gets cured and gets over her baby trauma, does it mean that she will still love wally? if she actually truly loved him in the first place...

It's good to be the Jim

>there's a theory that Holly baby projected into Wally from the beginning

You're right, I'd forgotten that she found him in pretty rough shape.

>or the Holly who fell in love with him on the first place, there's a theory that Holly baby projected into Wally from the beginning, if she some how gets cured and gets over her baby trauma, does it mean that she will still love wally? if she actually truly loved him in the first place...

If she didn't really love him and it was all some fucked-up maternal-instinct-mistaken-for-romance issue (is there a word for that?), then yes, I would expect their relationship to fail, at least in terms of romance. Any remaining friendship would probably be harmed by the fact that Wally would likely still love her romantically on some level, too.

On the other hand, if there is real love there then the removal of any baby-substituting behaviours might allow their relationship to deepen.

I wonder if Holly would take Wally's surname if they decided to get hitched, or would she feel like that was a betrayal of Lyn?

Reminds me that there's a parallel between her and Kirbee's "spark" for him in that he acted the hero both times.