How did she get so popular so fast...

How did she get so popular so fast? She used to be a relatively niche character then in the past few years she just blew up in popularity. Now she's a household name.

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2014/12/harley-quinn-dc-comics-suicide-squad.html
archive.is/sVaIu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't think you know what a household name means.

the last few years have been like
>cool people are FINALLY in charge
>let's make up for years of our favorite shit getting overlooked!
>but we're gonna start with the shit we liked back in the day even if it wasn't that overlooked for its genre, just that the entire genre was underappreciated
>even though the best thing to do would be to support whatever's the current up and coming thing
>except there really arent good new things, or they're being hidden really well, so all we have is the old shit
>only oh right, we have much better taste than the fuckups-in-charge in our day, but we're a lot worse at their job in general.. so we don't know what to do

Video games.

They saw how many panels people posted of Waypool and remade Harley into that.

She was extremely popular in the DCAU, user.

arkham games gave her the push then they put her into suicide squad comics then she rose from there

>so fast
first this
then this
then a movie
I think we found a newfag

She was hot in Arkham games.

She was created for the DCAU user.

Yes and she was extremely popular.

What is it that happened that caused them to want to integrate her into the DC comicverse anyway? None of the other Batman TAS OCs got that treatment. Andrea should've been the one to get all the attention Harley got.

When white trash and/or chicks too ugly to be sluts started finding her ~sexy and so chose to live through her.

Arkham Asylum turned her into a slut and it snowballed.

Because of her extreme fan following from the DCAU. People asked for her to be added to the comics for a long time. When they finally added her in NML she got her own 50 page special

Tumblr and Reddit discovered her

Their Mr Freeze origin did
And Angent Montoya I believe This. Then New 52 gave her that outfit

but they shat the bed with Montoya by turning her from a competent cop with minimal characterization into an unlikable lesbian with minimal characterization

She's an abuse victim and people that identify with that lover her current story arc of breaking free from her abuser and becoming her own person.

Mr. Freeze doesn't fully count, he was already an established character. Though, I guess you could consider it a gray area.

It sucks that they couldn't chose to like an actual good character from the cartoons that actually have something to add, like Phantasm or Music Meister. Whenever Harley's used I can't help but feel she's taking away from Joker's personality.

Besides these explanations she's popular with girls because she also has a vagina and dates crazy violent psychopaths.

Any time attractive females like anything it instantly becomes "popular".

is not her relationship with the joker what sells though. Harley Quinn has been doing amazing ever since it got published and she's not with him once. She actually kicks his ass and leaves him for good.

> dem hips
Do you need to ask why

Fast? She's been around for more than twenty years.

I can't look at Harley the same way again ever since I found out that there's a large group on Tumblr that want to have sex with the Columbine shooters. From that moment on things got 2real4me.

>I can't look at Harley the same way again ever since I found out that there's a large group on Tumblr that want to have sex with the Columbine shooters
There's always going to be women that want to fuck famous criminals, it's a sad fact of life.

BTAS made her a household name.

the real answer is that the 90s kids who grew up watching B:TAS are now 20something NEETs and DC is responding to the market demands they create

Yeah, but these assholes go ones step beyond, literal Harley Quinn teir levels of obsessed. There was this one youtuber who had posters of them all over her room and got tattoos (Her channle got taken down.)

this

>he starts moaning in your ear
What? Do some guys actually do that or does she just think some guys do the same things as women?

Vulture, New York Magazine's online pop culture site, has an article about her origins and how she became so popular:

vulture.com/2014/12/harley-quinn-dc-comics-suicide-squad.html

archive.is/sVaIu

>Fans immediately responded to this strange, passionate woman. Tara Strand was about 15 and living in the Podunk town of Victorville, California, when she first saw Harley on The Animated Series, and right away she "felt this big kinship with her."

>"There weren't a lot of female characters at the time like her who were so human and unique and refreshing and weird, and not just sexy," she said. "Harley was the one person who can handle what the Joker can dish out. She’s maybe a little masochistic, but the Joker needs somebody who can deal with the Joker, and Harley’s it."

>Strand, like countless other viewers around the world, became Harley Quinn obsessives. She sought out fellow enthusiasts on the nascent World Wide Web and made friends as far away as Germany and Australia. (It's hard to get a number demonstrating the breadth of '90s Harley fandom, but Sorkin, Dini, and Timm all recalled torrents of fan letters.) And for the most part, Strand's Quinn-thusiast friends were women. Together, they compiled online indexes about Harley and composed long essays about what makes her tick. Building a woman-dominated superhero fandom in the mid '90s was a remarkable thing, and Harley had inspired them to do it.

>"Feminism is about showing women as fully fleshed out human beings, and that's what Harley is," Strand said. "She doesn't make choices that are smart or good for a woman, but she gets to make those choices. Men are allowed to be fuck-ups in all kinds of characters, and women aren't. We have to be idealized. She gets to not be."

That's more fuel for it really?

>yeah you go girl, you don't need that clown in your life anyway.

Talk about over-romanticizing a tragic character. Harley was duped by Joker's insanity and lost grip on reality despite having a bright future as a psychiatrist in training who gave it all up chasing a man who didn't love her. And they're playing her up as some strong independent woman.

She probably never had sex with anyone and is clueless. I mean, would /you/ have sex with someone who is turned on by the Columbine shooters?

Talk about missing the point. You probably don't even notice you're framing everything about her as dependent on a man.