It was actually a practical effect puppet

>it was actually a practical effect puppet

Damn, I thought this little fucker was CGI.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NdJYlKfyjg8?t=2m20s
youtube.com/watch?v=tbA0B4uFo5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They probably cgi'd all over it so its basically just cgi

It still looked CGI user because of it's jerky animations. In any case it didn't look real enough.

>because of it's jerky animations
that's kind of how newborn babies/animals move though

They most likely used the puppet as reference to see how light behaves and bounces. At the least they covered it with CGI because some producer thought CGI looks better to audiences.

It was creepy as fuck.

Thats also a problem with these movies.. the practical effects still look cgi somehow

People thought the engineer and hammerpede from prometheus were cgi as well

No it was kinda cute. How old are you? Don't actually reply to me.

t.virgin

>People thought the engineer and hammerpede from prometheus were cgi as well

Wait, when it got grabbed by the giant facehugger, wasn't that scene CG?

the squid was, the engineer wasnt iirc

They had a guy run around in an Alien suit but they basically replaced it with CGI. Wouldn't surprise me if they did the same for a lot of the "practical effects".

The hammerpede was CGI though

youtu.be/NdJYlKfyjg8?t=2m20s

Oops nvm

It looked good tho

>we're supposed to believe this skinny piece of shit is super strong and nearly impossible to kill
a proper kick would completely obliterate this faggot, no matter what material it's made of

Looks like there was a practical trilobite actually

youtube.com/watch?v=tbA0B4uFo5w

wtf

Why make such great practical stuff and then have it look like a cgi fuckfest?

Ridley needs to get slapped, that alzheimering dementia old fucker.

Why does the rover look like something you build from a shitty kit in the back of popular mechanics? And why did they show it driving down the ramp after they made a water landing in knee deep water? Where did it go? It drove through knee deep water with those shitty small wheels?

How did David make those perfectly formed embryos without any machines?

the ramp was connected to the land
the whole water landing thing was pretty bs, because it seems like they landed in a puddle

8 more years

Babby alien was pure kino

>How did David make those perfectly formed embryos without any machines?

He's a machine.

People who complain about CGI have been forcing it for some time now. For years they've been accidentally complaining that practical effects are bad CGI. I've noticed there's also a ludicrous amount of idiots who think any object with a smooth/lustrous/wet appearance to it is badly done CGI.

Why did the baby xeno come out fully formed? Doesn't it have to metamorphosise more?

Post-production

"Meh guess not" - Ridley Scott

what did you mean by this

Did nigga look like baby groot

There's a zero percent chance CGI touch-ups are making something look worse at all, let alone fake. That's just how you deal with your cognitive dissonance.

like the thing
it's a scam

Because it looks a thousand times more realistic afterwards and you're indescribably retarded. See:

What's the point of practical effect if you slabber it with cheap CGI gloss afterwards removing any hint of practical effect at play.

Dont reference your own comment faggot
The Thing looked more realistic

>cheap CGI gloss

You mean what actually gives it the appearance of a real living organism? What are you complaining about exactly, that they put too much effort into making the creature look life-like?

the prequel look more realistic? lel
to get paid by the cgi studio

I mean instead of using practical effect where cgi isn't the strong point and work those two together they just use cgi as a cheap finisher no matter the context. There's a time and place for either to work towards a combined goal.

BUT it's cheaper to hire an cgi studio since they have surpassed the number of lawyer firms in the US which is a grand achievement.

might've been practical on set but they CG'd over it

Last horse finishes the race, thanks for joining the rest of us.

You still seem to be under the delusional impression that anything in Prometheus or covenant looks even remotely fake. Anti-CGI shitposters seem to think squid skin looks bad or fake, presumably because they're all retards.

>make something look slimy and reflective
>fans of The Thing come in droves with their single digit IQs claiming it looks bad

Literally every time

This. Too bad the CGI was the only upside in both Prometheus and A:C

I think they digitally shrunk it, the picture makes it look bigger then the appearance in the movie

it's not a xenomorph it's a protomorph

This is the same hack who totally forgot that the Queen exists

>This is the same hack who totally forgot that the Queen exists

Why would Ridley ever give a fuck about other people's interpretations of his works?

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HOW DARE ANYONE ELSE MAKE AN ALIEN FILM THAT DOESN'T COUNT DOESN'T COOOOOOOOUNNT

its probably both

Yeah that's pretty much what he did.

ill have you know i've put my willy in multiple women tyvm!