Is this the greatest season of any tv series ever?

Is this the greatest season of any tv series ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

gomovies.to/film/the-leftovers-season-1-11863/watching.html?ep=498406
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why Australia is so cool?

it's the shitpost of continents.

It might be

It's up there

Why does Sup Forums act like this show is up there with HBO classics like Sopranos, The Wire, and Deadwood?

Well, it's better

No, it really isn't.

this place is full of numale scum. just look at all the capeshit threads.

DUDE UNEXPLAINED BULLSHIT LIKE HALF THE WORLD'S POPULATION DISAPPEARING AND YOU WILL NEVER GET ANY ANSWERS LMAO!

DUDE IT'S ABOUT THE GREAT CHARACTERS LMAO!

remember when the entire first season's story arc with the black dude never went anywhere and was never mentioned again? the leftovers is for jaded and depressed faggots that are too scared to be the first one to say "uh...this pretentious crap isn't going anywhere" because they're so fucking scared of "not getting it" when there's nothing to get. fucking fuck off with these shitty ass leftovers threads praising how good it is.

Speaking of the black dude from season one, why would they bring in a baby that damn dark when the mother is Asian?

nice pasta

Never forget Lost

they make their shit up as they move along, so dont think u will ever get real answers

>they make their shit up as they move along

Like most series?
Do you really think they write 10 seasons in their first year in case they are picked up?

power of melanin

>tfw kinda liked season 1
>tfw gave up on season 2 4 or 5 episodes in

should i pick it up at season 3?

>Is this the greatest season of any tv series ever?

of all tv series, no. among soap operas, yes.

does not matter in the weeksly bad guy/weekly murdervictim shows, but in lost/leftover like shows its more than anoying

you can tell it's great solely by how triggered half the board gets by it. Take something second rate like the bridge or the americans, no one who doesn't watch it gives a fuck, this leaves a lasting impression for better or worse.

keep watching season 2

most series creators/writers do not : (1) claim during the first season that they already have the answer about the island mysteries planned out; and (2) claim that the answer is a scientific answer.

all speculations, discussions, arguments, assassinations and divorces were based on those two facts hence the massive anger when it turns out the answer was religion and the island was purgatory.

not all Sup Forums. just the soapies fangirls. different people have different tastes.

Stopped watching in the first season, fucking boring shit with nothing happening, half the cast doesn't even fucking speak

Pushed through season 1 because I liked Kevins cuntish attitude to everyone. Every other character besides Nora, Aimee and Kevins dad pissed me off too much. Got to season 2 and found myself not giving a single shit anymore.
Push through again or was season 1 the only goodie?

It's better

>mfw The Leftovers show delusions time and time again being proven as delusions
>mfw people seem think the MC delusions are real
>mfw they actually think Kevin's fantasy world is real

It was not purgatory, though.

that's not season 2

the final scene of the final episode makes it abundantly clear that the island is purgatory and they all died in the plane crash in the first episode.

maybe if you're a fucking idiot

Plebs

you're ACTUALLY an idiot

only a fucking idiot or a blind baboon or a troll (You) would not see the island is purgatory after watching the final scene.

the island was the friends they made along the way

see

So, was it revealed, how/why people suddenly dissapeared? Or it's still same old teary soap opera?

How did Hurley get to the Church if he escaped the island?

Because it is. The fact that people keep making these comments is proof enough.

Yes and the greatest television series overall so far.

the island/purgatory is all about resolving your issues so you can move on to heaven. hurley's "escape" was his way of moving on to heaven. hurley was in church to welcome him to heaven.

>tv complaints about lack of character driven shows
>a character driven show which is actually good
>lel what gay shiz

When will your periods end, TV ?

What is this shit about? I only see it shilled in here

Just outed yourself redditor fag. You have to go back.

this show is beautiful and i'm going to be crushed when it's over. I hope they open the finale with the S2 opening song so plebs instantly get shut down one last time

Nope.

CARROTS AND LITTLE SWEET PEAS

Season 1 is probably my favourite, but season 2 had the best ending.

I'm not digging Season 3 as much as the previous ones. I guess it's going to Australia, but I felt the same about Miracle. Sure felt like Miracle had a purpose though.

Why do retards watch this show expecting answers?
The reason why people disappeared is completely irrelevant.

I have a feeling that's what they'll do, unless they have something more fitting with the Kevin/Nora resolution I assume is coming.

what is the show actually about

What is this and should i watch it

One day for no fucking reason, 140 million people disappear. The show is about how this event has affected a specific set of characters. It is NOT about solving the mystery of how those people disappeared. It is about how people cope with it. Where did those people go? Were they raptured? Does that mean the rest of us are damned? Will we lose more people? etc. It's great.

so what is it actually about
some people going "hmm where did they go" while shopping for groceries?

You're being intentionally dense, just don't watch it.

>It is about how people cope with [the disappearance of 140 million people]

People are idiots

So Last man on Earth?

Because it's up there. Not better than Soranos or The Wire but, I would say it's better than Deadwood.

Similar ideas, different contexts. Last Man On Earth is post-apocalyptic. Leftovers is not about survival in a new world.

that's just the setting

>140 million people
That's not that much Tbh.
It's like 2% of the total population

>post yfw Lindelof does a subversion and the last episode explains why everything happened in great detail

gomovies.to/film/the-leftovers-season-1-11863/watching.html?ep=498406

Absolutely. Still doesn't change the fact that the world would never be the same.

Please no. That cunt better have learned from LOST.

they seem to do that with all mixed race babies. i guess they figure it's better to be too dark than too white.

lena dunham's baby in the girls finale was basically even darker than riz ahmed.

Kinda. People react in different ways. Some adults look to God, some get hookers to shoot guns at them, some have formed nihilist cults, false prophets, etc.

The story is about a police chief who has to try to keep the peace while a cult seeks to terrorize the citizens of an upstate NY town. At the same time he tries to deal with his family who copes in weird ways and has his own psychological issues.

they didn't die in the plane crash though. the purgatory flash sideways was a completely different thing. they weren't always dead. they all showed up in purgatory at the same time even though they died at different points in their lives.

>The story is about a police chief who has to try to keep the peace while a cult seeks to terrorize the citizens of an upstate NY town. At the same time he tries to deal with his family who copes in weird ways and has his own psychological issues.

holy crap, someone who was actually willing and able to explain what it's about

thanks user

It's my guilty pleasure schlock show. I post on Sup Forums about it but in public I would deny that I've ever heard of it because it isn't patrician enough for me to publicly endorse.

>people bitch about things not being explained
>that isn't even in my top 5 complaints

so you're validating your shitty opinions via response, rather than via any sort of objective quality of the show

>they didn't die in the plane crash
yes they did.

hurley just made their lives a little better once he god jacob'd

it was a second purgatory.

the problem is that's all dumped immediately upon s02e01. From that point, said police chief is jesus, hes got a literal demon on his ass, and spends the rest of the series using his powers of "not being able to die" to get rid of that demon then save the world.

According to this shitty board it is. So no, every season is utterly terrible.

The Leftovers is already miles above the cocksucker soap opera

no
if you gave up on the literal best season of the three you're too pleb for it

The show is absolutely loaded with convient writing.

>hmm gotta find some way to force kevin into dramatic situations that he would never put himself into
>uhhh just make him a sleep walker
>hmm we really wrote ourselves into a corner with only 8 episodes left and the GR invading Jarden
>just nuke them and flash forward 3 years

>yfw the last episode is actually one long monologue about how people misread Lost

This would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.

>season 2
>best
pleb spotted. 1 was miles ahead of the other two.
>violin music over hammy drama means it must be kino!!1

dude one of the episodes is just like a video game I love vidoe games its kino!

Took me a while but i am afraid that's exactly what it is. The whole show is basically a very long Lost finale.

wait but the black dudes story did go somewhere that's why s1 was actually good.

He granted kevins wish at the end. The story that never went anywhere was Tom's it existed solely to give the baby to kevin and nora.

to be fair... "black dude's" story was about a dude setting up a toll booth at the fourth stage of grief, bargaining, and charging for "acceptance." As the entire first season was nothing but strained metaphor for the stages of grief.

This was all dropped of course as soon as lindelof took over the writing.

>his own psychological issues

None of it is real. Even if it is, it's literally not important (as of s03e07).

The show essentially got cancelled, so imagine this is season 5.

>its not real but the plot is built entirely around it

okay

dude are you saying kevin has been dead the whole time lmao?

You guys are cancerous faggots. Fuck this board.

no, but it's bretty gud

I watch it. It is interesting. But I dunno what the fug is going on.

They all jump at some cokey religion because the priest wrote a book about Kevin, whos insane.

Then theres a flood coming.

Then naked french subguy nukes his sub.

And there is no song to stop the rain. Then they commit suicide and wanna be evaporated in a magical machine...

ok.

say stupid shit, get stupid shit as response

and you're a brainlet lmao.

The plot is build around the Departure. Kevin's manifestations are from him trying to regain control and feel important. Even if he is Jesus, he doesn't care. He's accepted that the world has ended and is now trying to fix his life with his family, not be Jesus.

It went off the rails after season one. It's basically Lost tier

Season 2 and 3 are so shit compared to the first one

S1 was a quantum leap from S2 and 3

>being this much of a pleb
>getting this mad when you get called for it