Was Robert California a good character?

Was Robert California a good character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-_230SjbM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. He was the only thing that kept The Office watchable post-Carrell.

/thread

He was one of the better characters out of the "let's add a bunch of new random le quriky characters to try to fill the void of Michael Scott leaving" lot

How did he become the lizard king?

Loved him

nope, one of the worst

His character just didn't seem to make any sense. It was trying to be too many things at once.

Spader is great in everything he is in.

He made Ultron a good character

youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-_230SjbM

His characterization was very inconsistent which ultimately made me hate him, but his initial characterization was great.

Does Spader insist on playing Mary Sues these days?

all hail the lizard king. his name isnt even robert california

I forgot Reddington went undercover as a paper salesman.

This.
He's just a great actor. Totally underrated.
I didn't know Alan went undercover as Reddington to go undercover as a paper salesman.

I didn't know Stanky Hanky went undercover as a lawyer to go undercover as Reddington to go undercover as a paper salesman.

David played his son, so

I say yes

'no'

Who are you quoting?

Robert California is pleb filter.

His answer on the importance of confidence in the work environment during his job interview is no joke serious truth.

>replying to a namefag

>not getting a well known meme

end it

end your life

yeah. it was a unique character to fill the void after carrell. they didnt try to recreate him but still managed to add a weird vibe to the office.

I can't think of a time he hasn't. Ultron was sort off a negative mary sue bc he was so nerfed.

SEX IS A SPECTRUM

He was the anti-Carrell which was interesting. Acted like a proper ''boss''... But I always got the impression that they didn't know what to do with him, plus maybe Spader's contract was short or difficult or whatever because he left pretty shortly. Overall I felt it was a missed opportunity, I still love Robert California but that's mainly because I think Spader creates sleazy/confident characters better than anyone other actor in the industry

Pretty terrible, and incredibly inconsistent.

worst (no order)
>new pam
>robert california
>ed helms
>british boss lady
>michaels wife
>gabe
>kelly
>nigger boss

>Acted like a proper ''boss'
But the point was that he was just as bad as Michael, just less obvious about it.

It actually hits home for anyone whose worked in an actual office. Shitty managers who please their own bosses but none else are very real.

are you me?

If I see you on the street, Imma fuck you up!

The Blacklist still works solely because of him.
I wonder how exausting it feels to carry and entire show, cast, plotlines and episodes only on your shoulders.

Initially he was nowhere near as bad as Michael.
That came out of left field, that Robert was incompetent. He was intelligent, controlled and cultured before Andy needed a redemption arc. He demonstrated logical reasons for his choices like tapping Andy for manager and even his seemingly gratuitous terrorizing of the staff through personal fears.

I think they just needed to have Andy try and show him up somehow, since he had been shit on so absolutely so suddenly branches are closing because the unflappable Robert California was suffering from a deep depression he was medicating with binge drinking due to the divorce he was so indifferent about an episode before.

That one episode seemed very forced, even having the guy from The Wire show up, it seemed the whole thing was written to setup Andy's comeback and have that one actor be in the show somehow, anyway they could.