Ridly Scoot explains why David created the Aliens

Straight from the source
youtube.com/watch?v=kFloy3MIcqQ

Why do you faggots endlessly fall for the "franchise" and "everything explained" meme?

Why can't you just watch the first movie (or even two) enjoy them for what they are and move onto new things without endlessly accepting and normalizing the bastardization and franchising of every fucking movie?

I do. Nothing beyond the first is canon to me.

Did anyone actually ask for an explanation as to where the aliens came from? I always just assumed they were a species either native to LV-426 or being transported by the space jockeys ships and somehow got loose.

This is why I posted this.

But like the other dude said enjoy the old movies for what they were ,and forget about all the unnecessary backstory that adds things that people didn't even care about in the first place.

The first time I saw Alien I didn't give a shit about the huge elephant-man from the crashed ship, like yeah, he was an interesting figure but as soon as they came back with the facehugger I stopped giving a shit about the elephant-man and focused on the horror within Nostromo. And now we're getting a whole series of movies about him, what the fuck already, this is so moronic. The xenomorph, yeah it was interesting, especially the acid blood and how he grows up so fast, but it was not THAT interesting to warrant all the hype.

they are autists that think they like deep things and alien is somehting super special and deep and any new stuff in canon ( even form creators) is WRONG and dumb and not canon

wow dude, thanks for the spoiler.

It just ridiculous how you guys can't "/Spoiler" shit

fucking cunt

What a shallow reason

I don't feel like this needed to be explained, it's pretty fucking clear. If you needed Scott to tell you this, you must be pretty fucking braindead.

Then again, I didn't think Prometheus needed explanation either, and yet today I talked with a guy who could only remember Prometheus was a movie about 'some people finding eggs in a cave and they were made by some gods or something'.

>muh spoilers
>ruined muh experience

Fuck you

"(Mankind) fundamentally fucked up." - Ridley Scott

We sure have come a long fucking way since the days of Alien (1979), wow.

he did it because he was bored ... so deep

you can't use spoilers on the subject field

Alien didn't warrant this treatment, it's just the scapegoat in ridley's desire to explore the meaning of life in cinematic form.

It's not like it's a big loss either: Alien was franchised a long time ago and the original mystery was as good as gone even without going into the roots of the elephants and xenos.

For me the problem is in the execution: it feels like he is too afraid to dwell too long on the themes that he wants to explore and he doesn't show the issue from different perspective.

The last issue is illustrated clearly at the start of the covenant: Weyland has this idea and it's in his head and it's super important, David asks a simple question about mortality i think and instead of exploring it for himself and the audience Weyland gets triggered and basically tells david to shut the fuck up and be a good toaster that he is. And unexplored idea is worse than no idea at all: it's a fixation that consumes attention and leaves you blind to the truth.

It also doesn't help that the "movie" aspects of both p and c are less than stellar and characters don't act like human beings.

Because he could. Did you not paid attention?

Threadly Reminder:
Tony > Ridley

Ridly needs to fuck off and Covenant sucked shit.

Fuck this mother fucker and his shower cuck scenes

>straight from the source
You mean the actual movie if you paid any kind of attention? David literally says that it was because he had too much free time and he was curious.

Why do you need Scott to explain something that was explicitly stated in the movie?

I did that like 20 years ago. It's good to have something fresh.

Why does Ridley Scott keep making Alien 3 over and over again? It's the worst one in the franchise.

>Aliens were created by a pretentious robot
how lame

how utterly lame

No it's not. Fresh shit is even worst than dried up shit.

No, not really.

The very beginning of the movie set up David's future actions in Promethius and Covenant.

He was expected to view his creator as a father, and even perform almost humiliating menial tasks for him, like serving him the tea right next to him. Even at this point David recognizes that he is superior to his creator.

David is driven to create something just like he was created, knowing full well that success will be measured by how superior David's creation would be over himself.

In both movies he experimented with life the same way humans experiment with robotics.

In the end, he created something that was literally perfect.

And by showing this, Aliens fans from decades ago got the answer to the question "where did they actually come from?"

>wow dude, thanks for the spoiler.
If you really cared that much you'd have seen the movie already, shit's been out for over a week.

People want a world to escape into to avoid dealing with their own. Ergo, they need as much detail and expounding in a fictional universe as possible to sate their own escapism.

EVIL
WHITE
MAN
(robot)

>ergo

We could have just had a film about the Engineers set in the same universe as Alien.
We almost did until Prometheus just had to tie in for whatever fucking reason.

Because I want to imagine myself as a hero of that story, so I need every bit of detail.

Nothing beyond second for me.

Sorry, "therefore". Uh... "so"... "because of this"...

Alien 3 (assembly cut) > Prometheus and Covenant >>> Resurrection

Resurrection is by far the worst of the franchise.

Beats me. Overexplaining stuff is one of the worst things you can do when telling a story and Ridley Scott has been doing this stuff for long enough to know better.

I mean, it can be nice to elaborate on some interesting details, providing these elaborations are interesting in their own right, but if they aren't you're much better of letting people come to their own conclusions.

I think many people are unaware just how important it is to leave some things open for interpretation when you wanna tell an engaging story. Explaining everything is something you can do when you're holding a lecture or filming a documentary, when you're presenting a narrative your viewers will get much more out of it when they can look at some things their own way and find their own answers. That way they're gonna connect with the narrative on a more personal level.

Your taste is fucking atrocious. 3 is the worst by far. I've given it benefit of the doubt and included it in my viewings of the Alien franchise several times and it is shit. I skip over it now.
Even AvP is better than 3.

RAAAAAAAAADLEY SCOOOOOOOOOTCH

U L T R A H A C K
L
T
R
A
H
A
C
K

This is why the Horus Heresy ruined 40k lore.

Better or worse then the old idea?

You're the one who has atrocious taste, the assembly cut of 3 has some great characters and gives Ripley a proper ending. Name one thing wrong with it besides the slow-pacing, shitty CGI and the off-screen deaths of Newt and Hicks.

Much much worse.
Fuck off retard.

Wow, what great criticism. You've really convinced me that 3 is the worst of the franchise.

>that was literally perfect.
>gets btfo by humans in every movie

hmmmm

Also
>has a life cycle that is a mish mash of 2-3 different organisms

Convoluted shit organism

Never understood that either. Its literally just a giant killer bug. The only amazing thing going for it the acid blood.

because they gay

Ridley is too senile to keep making films

Yep, this movie and Prometheus are extremely subtextual to a fault, they hardly do a thing with the lofty themes they invoke and set up to use. There's no exploration of these ideas, they're simply there. In the last movie we basically have this fragment of an idea, that a creator wants to kill its creation for its pride, and we just vaguely hold in to that idea ourselves as we're treated to an action horror movie about an exploding space ship.

The biggest utterance these movies are willing to make is that consciousness desires to create more conciousnessness, and that there is a life cycle between creator and creation. Besides that, there isn't much going on in these movies except an invitation to meditate on the concept. Ridley probably enjoys creating these movies more than most people enjoy watching them, I get the vibe that it's a spiritual journey for him but really not anyone else.

How can they be aliens if they were created by an android created by humans? The franchise name is now a lie.

it's the american way, are you some sort of foreigner?

>I talked with a guy who could only remember Prometheus was a movie about 'some people finding eggs in a cave and they were made by some gods or something'.

My sides are gone.

>2017
>people still fall for the "Alien 3 is bad" meme
It's not 1992 anymore, the assembly cut has been out for over a decade and the Alien franchise is now a total mess. When are you faggots gonna stop shitting on 3? The most infuriating part is whenever I ask someone what's wrong with 3 they just cry about Hicks and Newt. I've never seen someone intelligently critique the assembly cut of 3.

Ultra-hack Ridley Scott has ruined theAlienfranchise. His first episode in 1979 was a visually textured, erotic genre film that veered sensually and sensationally into techno-evolutionary horror. It was that decade’s most original scary movie. ButAlien: Covenant, the sixth installment and Scott’s third go-round, works exactly as Pauline Kael described in her derisive dismissal of the first film: “a gorilla in a haunted house movie.”

>There are people who think it was walter who created the Aliens in recent threads

Its totally possible that David could download walters memories so he would know how to pilot the ship and know everything that son the ship.

He is a fucking android and androids can normally transfer and download data to each other.

After David killed Walter he could have easily downloaded his data.
He would have to because he has been on that planet for ten years and that was most likely a brand new ship david would be commandeering.

Anyone who thinks it was Walter at the end of the film is fucking retarded!
That WAS FUCKING DAVID!

Problem is, you all want water from stone.
Even Alien 79 was not movie that needed too much background to work.
Fuck, check LIFE,much worse movie, concept of Kevin (or Kelvin) is satisfying enough,but you could make 5 more sequels where they could expand on his origin and he could evolve into some highly intelligent gray ayyy.
Some shitshould not be probed and explored because whole idea of Alien works as long as he stays fucking >>>>_ALIEN

>gets btfo by humans in every movie

13 highly trained Marines with "state of the art firepower" arrive at LV-426, only one badly injured marine leaves.

Entire complex is destroyed.
Entire ship full if eggs still exist on the other side of the planet.

Aliens continue to fuck up everything they see for the next several movies after

>Aliens btfo!

>Scoot

>13 highly trained marines yadayada
they mostly die because of their own silly decisions and bad luck and still kill over a hundred of the space niggers

>capable of art and architecture
I wonder how they do that with those claws
also, why the fuck did the adult still want to fuck everything up then?

Why does unintelligent garbage deserve intelligent critique?

I really want this to still be true. I enjoy the concept of the xenomorph evolving into an intelligent, creative, mild creature. I know people hated the baby xeno raising its arms to mimic david, but I actually enjoyed it because it showed glimpse of this unused idea.

the only movie/game where the alien taking over making sense was alien isolation and that's only because they made the thing fucking bulletproof.

>Ridley and others are making Alien
>Ridley: I'm gonna be the main character!
>Others: Ridley, you can't be the main character, you're the director and you're not fictional.
>Ridley: No! I want to be the main character! Ridley Ridley Ridley Ridley!
>Others: Jesus Ridley, you can't be the fucking main character! You know what, the main character is going to be a woman so you definitely can't play her.
>Ridley: Fuck you! Whatever. You guys are shit! The main character will have my name then!
>Others: No Ridley, that's dumb and awkward, definitely not happening. The characters will not have your name.
>Ridley: Yeah, we'll fucking see about that.
>Ridley writes the letters of his name on individual pieces of paper and puts them in order. Ridley then takes the paper with the 3rd letter, "d" and rotates it 180 degrees.
>Ridley: There, that's the main characters name and there's nothing you fucking assholes can do about it!
>Others: Fine, that's fine Ridley. Just fine.
>Ridley leaves the room, triumphant
>Others: We need someone else to direct the sequels.

Bravo Ridley, super creative ideas you got there, wow, blows me away.

>unintelligent
How is it unintelligent?

terrible

You still haven't said how 3 is the worst of the franchise. There are a lot of criticisms you can throw at Prometheus and Covenant, there are a million criticisms you can throw at Resurrection, there are a billion criticisms you can throw at the AvP flicks, the only criticism that's ever thrown at 3 is "HOW COULD THEY KILL HICKS AND NEWT?!"

>[David] has this great line that goes something like, "Idle hands do the devil's work", and he had idle hands for 10 years.

Ya but he said that in the context of needing to keep himself busy, unless it was meant as a double entendre???

How else are we going to argue about petty things?

My taste >>>>>>>>>> everyone else's taste

Pretty sure the alien spaceship got destroyed by the nuclear explosion at the end of Aliens.

Source?

There was a deleted scene with Newt, brother, and father going to investigate Ripley's information on Burke's orders, but I don't recall any indication of distance between the two locations.

>he thinks it is a meme
No, it is just bad.

If David made aliens then how did the ship in the first movie have all those eggs? That ship had been there for at least a million years.

Fuck, now I'm confused. Was it David or was it Walter?

It could be either of them or even both. When Walter looked at the acid burn on the cheek of the guy (Lope?) who escaped to the cargo ship with Daniels he says something like "it looks fine" and I immediately thought "welp that's David for sure". After Daniels and Tennessee blasted the xeno into space, he looked genuinely relieved and I suspected "hmm that's very Walter like.." I honestly can't tell which one it was, and the hole miniature facehuggerr-egg -business makes it even more unclear

>David magically has egg pods
>no Queen

It was David the entire time after they dueled. Between that point and the ending they made it confusing on purpose to keep you off guard.

>he looked genuinely relieved
Could have been a look of disappointment. But then again I'm sure he didn't want this wild ass xenomorph killing everything on board and ruining his chances of impregnating the colonists, etc

APOLOGIZE

chicken-or-egg question

The answer is egg, and David made it. Once a queen is born, it can reproduce and keep things going on its own.

In video games, MGS has the same fucking issue and all the charm gets turned to a piling mess. Last game was so shit fans are making theories that it wasn't even the real game.

And this is why you two will sperg out and fight over it

Ripley and Charles Dance's character are the only remotely likable people on that planet. Once Dance gets killed, we're stuck watching a standard slasher movie full of generic assholes that exist to be monster fodder. This would be fine if there was any tension or the kills were impressive.

I'm sure MGS V would have been good if it had been finished.

This. And I'm so fucking tired of sequels/prequels/reboots that do nothing but milk an original good movie/series and run it into the fucking ground.

I'm sorry AVP i was too hard on you.

I gotta man up and apologise to predator 2 as well.

Agreed. Couldn't be more blatant and tacked-on then the arbitrary lines of dialogue mentioning how the captain "has faith" or whatever. These lines or him being religious never had ANYTHING to do with the rest of the film, and they were just shoehorned in. It felt like the writer was saying "oh yeah, there was a theme of faith or some shit in that last movie. I guess we'll throw in a religious character here too. Yeah, he'll just say he has faith. Good enough. Check off the box. "

The Assembly Cut is BETTER than the theatrical release, but it is still a garbage movie.

Now that we're on the subject, how did Daniels realize it was David? It was like it occurred to her out of nowhere, at least that's how it appeared to me
I meant his reaction was a genuine "thank god you made it" like he actually was concerned for their well-being

You're absolutely right, at least when it comes to all the movies after the first one. In the first one, you could image that it was intelligent, but got beat when it made one mistake of not understanding the escape craft's technology. Starting from Aliens onward, they became just animals... animals with acid blood, but still just animals.
15 people take on a whole horde of Xenos on their own turf, with a traitor in their own midst, and beat them. I think Aliens made it pretty obvious that a proper army of humans could wipe out millions of Xenos without too much trouble.

I don't give a fuck what he thinks, at least he doesn't acknowledge 3.

Anybody ever notice how the people who were trapped with the alien eggs did not act as complete retards like in Prometheus and Covenant?

How can a dumbass like Paul Anderson get something so simple so right and Ridley Scott fuck it up TWICE?

David didn't react at all to her asking him to fug her at her wood cabin. Walter would have.

Why do man babies have big bushy beards these days?

to feel masculine

>Ridly Scoot explains

I think his doctor is probably in a better position to do the explanation.

'When I was young, I met Satan, and I never forgot what he looked like'
>proceeds to dip head in ungodly breeding pod made by machine who admits his desire to usurp his creator

"No one hates Alien 3 more than I do."
-David Fincher

nothing beyond the second one is canon to me.

I liked prometheus, fuck you.

Why isn't Ridley smart enough to understand his own vision? Maybe we over analyzed Alien and saw things that he never intended and he was always a dipshit?

It was just a monster movie in space.

alien through alien 3 is canon u fucking troglodyte