Is there anyone in these countries who can't speak english?

is there anyone in these countries who can't speak english?

Other urls found in this thread:

ec.europa.eu/commfrontoffice/publicopinion/archives/ebs/ebs_386_sum_en.pdf
ec.europa.eu/commfrontoffice/publicopinion/archives/ebs/ebs_386_anx_en.pdf
ec.europa.eu/commfrontoffice/publicopinion/archives/ebs/ebs_386_anx_fr.pdf
ec.europa.eu/commfrontoffice/publicopinion/archives/ebs/ebs_386_anx_de.pdf
www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2011/dp-pd/hlt-fst/lang/Pages/highlight.cfm?TabID=1&Lang=E&Asc=0&PRCode=01&OrderBy=3&View=2&Age=1&tableID=402&queryID=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

haha, half of us

Only old people

And hicks

Also I have to add something about the Germans. They suck at English. Like for real, it amazes me how few of them can actually speak it.

non meme answers pls

Movies are dubbed in Germany so you will probably find people there who speak very little english

These guys are right. An astonishing amount of Germans are unable to hold conversations in English.
t. Guy who has been to Germany over 30 times.

icelnads goood bro

ec.europa.eu/commfrontoffice/publicopinion/archives/ebs/ebs_386_sum_en.pdf
ec.europa.eu/commfrontoffice/publicopinion/archives/ebs/ebs_386_anx_en.pdf
ec.europa.eu/commfrontoffice/publicopinion/archives/ebs/ebs_386_anx_fr.pdf
ec.europa.eu/commfrontoffice/publicopinion/archives/ebs/ebs_386_anx_de.pdf

England only 10% speak English, I must be missing something

Think its immigrants

>I must be missing something
Of the population aged 15 and over in 2012 in the United Kingdom, 88% had English as a mother tongue + 10% can speak it well enough to have a conversation
88%+10%=98%

Ninety-eight percent of the UK can speak English

Okay gotchu

Older people, I guess.
In Finland, German was the language for most international business for a long time.

Why these countries specifically

Some old people can speak English but most people who learn a foreign language nowadays over here learn Arabic.
It's used in so many important countries and it's very useful for adapting to a modern multicultural society.

the Blue cunts are widely known to be very fluent for non native speakers...Scandi/Dutch upwards of something like 80-90%, however ITT we learned that the Germans really should be downgraded a tier

>learning Arabic

my experience with Dutch people is that their grammar, syntax and vocabulary is quite good but they pronounce English as if it were Dutch.
Their spelling is quite good, but they have a habit of compounding words. Like "compoundword"

many, if not most, Dutch, Germans, or Swiss are incapable of speaking English. English use is universal in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland however,

and quebecois?

Enjoy being stuck in the 20th century, the future belongs to the rapidly developing, very popular populous countries that most people in the West look down upon now.
Even in "our" countries you'll be obsolete soon unless you get join the 21st century.

Nope

Which Country would you say speaks English the best?

It's the language of the future, mein okhi

Holy rare

That award goes to Chinese

Yes, those people who don't speak English at all exist, but it's super rare and those are mainly the old ones which a larger share of them being east Germans, because they were learning Russian in the GDR. Then there are also the extremely dumb people who went to Hauptschule (the lowest schooling tier after elementary school here) AND didn't pay attention or didn't attend classes for whatever reasons. But since those people are not worth talking to, it really doesn't matter that they exist. Again, this is super rare and it's basically just the 2nd or 3rd generation of Turks living here with their misdeveloped offspring who fall into this category.

Then there are those (I'd say 30%-50% of all Germans) who haven't actively used English since school and have either forgot most of their vocabulary or don't have any experience at having a conversation. That's extremely sad 2bh, because these numbers are much lower in the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden and Norway. I think that's caused by our media, where everything that gets imported from other countries is being dubbed. I mean, you can't blame them, because there are +100m native German speakers after all and it must be paying off financially. In the other countries I've mentioned, they only put subtitles on movies and that's it. Luckily, since TV and Cinema are dying and people are spending all of their time on the internet nowadays, the numbers of people being unable to have a conversation are going down. I hope that we'll reach similar levels of proficiency like the Dutch in a decade or two.

most euros suck at an english. you nordics may be an exception, not sure.

85.6% of people living in Canada can conduct a conversation in English
90.9% of people living in New Brunswick can conduct a conversation in English
47.3% of people living in Quebec can conduct a conversation in English
30.1% of people living in Canada can conduct a conversation in French
42.2% of people living in New Brunswick can conduct a conversation in French
94.4%% of people living in Quebec can conduct a conversation in French

www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2011/dp-pd/hlt-fst/lang/Pages/highlight.cfm?TabID=1&Lang=E&Asc=0&PRCode=01&OrderBy=3&View=2&Age=1&tableID=402&queryID=1

tl;dr halo i am a german coastguard ich spreche kein english. no offense, but most of you only speak very basic english. but like i said most europeans are like that. the french or spanish or italians aren't any better.

There are plenty of Francophone Québécois in the countryside who can't speak a word of English and who outright hate Anglophones.

>Quebec
>county

What a pain in the ass they must be, that language has no business in this hemisphere

If you had read why I just wrote, then you'd understand why this is the case. I'm not protecting these people though. I look down to them, because I absolutely can't understand how this is possible in 2017. Everytime I hear one of them stuttering around with a hard German accent, I feel utterly ashamed. It's disgusting. On the other hand, I think we're doing much better than the other big european countries which also dub all of their imported movies and shows, like France and Italy. It's not really an achievement, though.

Small-town and rural Quebec is kind of creepy. They really don't like us Anglos out there and I saw homemade anti-Anglo signs put up along the side of the highway.

this is perfectly normal. but being an Sup Forums poster you memed yourself into believing that somehow everyone should speak english or know a lot about the world. most people around the world are dumb. you guys just went too far with your memes as you always try to prove something to us and appear smarter than americans etc.

wtf I LOVE quebec now!

Sad, but true. A good half cant speak english.

Among those in OP's pic?
Iceland, probably. At least in my experience.

What did the signs say?

nous parlons français, eh