Scooby Apocalypse #1 storytime

Sup Sup Forums. Thought I might storytime this again for y'all. It wound up being a lot better than it had any right being.

Sit back and enjoy the proper way to give a property a "mature" AU.

Ahh, Scooby Apocalypse. I liked it but all of the characters except for Shaggy are horrible garbage people so far. Except for Fred, he's just there.

I actually like how Shaggy looks. The cover made him look like an uber-hipster, but in the comic the beard meshes a lot better with his body. He sort-of looks like a Civil War cavalry officer.

I like Daphne having a drive and motivation, though. It's better than her being just a cutout bimbo.

Like seriously. I keep expecting him to draw a saber and announce how he's going to "show them Yankees what-for".

This was good comic.

Honestly I think that this series has promise, but when you compare it to Future Quest it comes up short. I liked that Future Quest retains the charm and characterization of all the old Hanna Barbera characters, while crafting a new interesting storyline that each character meshes well with. Scooby Apocalypse feels familiar, but is very different than what we usually see in a Scooby Doo property. Going in depth to explain Scooby's speech really takes away the whimsy of the whole premise (though, I get why they did it since animals don't talk in Future Quest and Muttley will use the same tech in Wacky Raceland).

I'm not gonna cast this off just yet, because it was an enjoyable read, but I hope that the gang becomes a bit more like the ones we've seen before.

And that's it. Hope you enjoyed.

That's adorable.

Future Quest and this being good convinced me to at least try Wacky Raceland and Flintstones. Though if this a shared universe and Wacky Raceland is set later on, I guess things don't work out too well for Scooby and the gang.

Yeah, I'm hoping whoever's in charge of this universe has a plan in mind. This is a really interesting idea, and I'd hate for them to write themselves into a corner.

Not until they redo the Flintstones Meet the Jetsons.

Huh, I guess that explains why the Jetson live in cloud cities. I always thought it was due to the fact the Earth was so polluted that it was uninhabitable.

Read the whole thing and still just couldn't get into it. The ultra-technologic angle just seems off for Scooby Doo.

Thanks for taking the time to post it all though, OP.

FUCK THOSE RICH ASSHOLES AND THEIR MAGIC SKY CASTLES