Wait... people hated chappie!?

wait... people hated chappie!?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HcXNPI-IPPM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

in theory, yes

in practice, yes again

Cool robots and setting ruined by shit story. As expected of Blomkamp. District 9 was a fluke apparently.

People constantly make noise about not liking sequels & remakes and wanting something new, but they almost always reject new things when they get them.

it was awful and the die antwoord people are not good actors

Chappie wasn't anything new aside from the visuals.

It's a shit version of Short Circuit

I liked it more than D9 tbf ham

this is correct
hugh hackman's character was ridiculous.

it's a shitty movie and i don't blame people for hating it, but i had a blast watching it. tons of fun.

It was a mess. They were trying to tell like three different stories all at once.

the CGI was fine but those actors who took him in they cant act for shit

>As expected of Blomkamp

I wish colbert posters would fuck off back to Sup Forumseddit

Even worse, its a shit version of Short Circuit 2.

Their entire lives are an act. It's just a really shit act.

I liked it, and I liked Elysium too. D9 is the best of the three though.

Evento if Blomkamp has just one great film, many of his short films are also really good.
So I still believe in him.

Everybody got their operator boners up at the starting sequence and was disappointed when nothing like that was ever shown again me included.

I really really tried to love Chappie but it just fell flat and some scenes were just fucking stupid like the end boss fight (why not bomb the whole facility from flight or better send the operator bots!). And I like Die Antwoord too.

This was nothing but an advertisement for some south african edgelords

And to continue: don't let Blomkamp write. Just let the man direct with orders to stay away from flashcuts: kino.

underrated

Blomkamp is a great idea man but terrible with following through with communicating / translating those ideas into a watchable film. He needs to find a partner to collaborate with before he falls into obscurity and goes insane due to his unfulfilled dreams.

Neil Blomkamp is the dogshit version of ridley scott

D9 was the freshest alien movie i had seen in a very long time

everything else has been utter shit from blomkamp

I have chappie but afraid to watch it because everyone said it sucks

Good: Sharlto Copely
Shit: Everything else

Starting to think Blomkoff got lucky with District 9.

It's good. Don't listen to these retards

He's coming out with a whole lot of short films that he's uploading to youtube for free.
Overall, he's not that great of a director but as a special effects guy, he's fucking phenomenal.

There's some cheesy acting and Jackman's character is offensively bad, but overall it's decent.

What I didn't understand were the documentary interview snippets at the beginning. It sort of made sense in D9 because they did the before & after but in Chappie it's like 5 seconds at the beginning and never used again.

It probably was the most morally troubling films I watched the year it came out. Referring to the end, there's something so incredibly chilling about the whole copying consciousness over to a robotic body that will only last for three days. The strange obsession that chappie has with that process kind of made me not fuck with him, since "copying" consciousness and "transferring" consciousness would theoretically become two radically different things. Mr. Slumdog millionaire still dies in the end.

Makes you realize that if Chappie was a brooding villain, this movie could've morphed into a horror about the singularity.

For that alone it's a tad worth watching I guess. Fucked with me for a day or two.

It had great potential but was unfortunately directed by the worlds biggest one hit wonder, neil meinkampf

>die antwoord
>huge jackedman went from normal person to retarded psychopath in 1 scene
>robotics company employee creates worlds first AI, his boss tells him to gtfo and doesnt even consider it
>die antwoord
>pathetic dialogue
>main pajeet character suffers from chronic plot-induced-stupidity syndrome

I cant specifically remember anything else. I think the main villain was a complete retard too and only did things which furthered the plot. shartlo coprophagia and the great visuals were the only redeeming factors.

He should have just done district 9 2 so we could be dissappointed with a shit film but have a followup to district 9 1

He said he doesn't even like directing. He should just stick to VFX desu.

Me and my brother watched this together and came to the same conclusion. Abomination was the word we settled on.

Thas my girl.

youtube.com/watch?v=HcXNPI-IPPM

>the die antwoord people are not actors

fixed.

Yes. Abomination. Like that chemically explosive guy from the first Robocop that gets ran over. That shit gave me nausea for awhile. This movie kind of does the same, just from a different angle.

Heist is a crimes

I didn't hate it but it wasn't all that good either.

Stop associating with retards

Fuck, I miss Short Circuit. And Steve Gutenberg. Mostly Short Circuit though.

Bloomkampf is a great visualist, but cant do story for shit.
The guy needs better people at writting.

I liked Chappie. I think it was "smaller" than Elysium but that sort of added to the premise of it being about a shithole full of low-rent people. Yolandi really was perfect for the "mother" role. I thought NINJA sucked but that was just me. Hugh Jackman was a GREAT villain. Visuals were pretty inspired at times, the original soundtrack was mediocre (but the DIe Antwoord songs fit perfectly, go figure). The story also became incredibly rushed in the final fifteen minutes.

Overall a 6/10 for me.

>die antwoord are neither actors nor people
ftfy

>fork in right hand and knife in left

Fucking trash.

Isn't this some indian shitter movie? When I want scifi, I want scifi. Not a retarded accent and a bunch of people shitting by the tracks.

Any human that values another species or lifeform over another human deserves gene death. Movie also had some white trash actors.

ridley scott is the dogshit version of ridley scott, satan

Can't tell if ironic or believes India is in Africa.

>Africa
>not full of Indians
Someone missed the British colonialism meme.

Read Gandhi's comments about South African blacks?

I've read that, but that's not where I learned about it.
Seriously, look up stuff about Indians in Africa or Guyana.

I know. They were everywhere. They are now even barred from owning property on Fiji for being such leeches.

As someone who was fan of Die Antwoord going in, and fully expected it to turn into Die Antwoord: The Movie, I enjoyed it.

That being said, I can 100% understand why someone who either didn't expect that or doesn't know/like Die Antwoord to HATE it.

>As someone who blah blah blah
This poster is a redditor and browses Reddit. Know how to spot them.

Chappie was fun and good and I liked it.

I hated the humans in Chappie, not Chappie itself, or the story necessarily, just the forced MUH religion garbage.

Isn't he effectively 'owned' by Sony and beholden to whatever commercial venture they're trying to push?

Pic related was leaked in the Sony hack.

Not really surprised that his work has taken a nose-dive with this kind of committee creativity.

You're the one who should fuck off to Reddit, you autistic faggot. Maybe then you'll actually learn how to spot them.

t. Butthurt exposed redditor

Come say that to my face nigger, so I can expose my 9 inch cock to your virgin asshole.

Post your address fucker lets go right now

1250 S Washington St North Attleboro MA 02760

It was literally an obnoxious version of Short Circuit.

I'll see you tomorrow you fucking bitch

I'll be lubed up and waiting, you fucking phoneposter.