What were your favorite Rebirth issues of the ones that came out this week?

What were your favorite Rebirth issues of the ones that came out this week?

I'm a lapsed DC reader, came into Rebirth blind but I loved the one-shot. I'd rank this week's titles from best to worst:
>Green Lanterns
>Batman
>Superman
>Green Arrow

Of the four, Green Arrow is the only one I'm hesitant to follow into the core series. Loved the art, but the story was stretched a little too thin for me. A little bit too 'Court of Owls', though I know that's a direct influence on the arc.

GA>GL>Superman>Batman

I actually enjoyed them all.

The only one I'm cautious about next week is Flash Rebirth. Williamson is solid, but I'm not 100% sold on the premise yet.

I only read Batman and Superman and both were pretty good.
I'd probably say Superman > Batman because I'm hyped to have classic Supes back and not the new 52 faggot.

I only bought Superman and Batman. A previous user said that Supes story was spread too thin, while Batsys story was condensed too hard. I agree as I feel they could've shown more out of Supes new situation, with his son and all. As for Batman they crammed too many ideas into a small package and didn't explain some elements well enough like Duke or Calendar Man's scheme. I learnt more about Overwatch because of the ads than I did of the plot at hand.

What is the premise of that title?

Apparently Spider-Island but with Speedforce

That could be interesting. I'm a lot more interested in the mechanics of the Flash and the lore of the Speedforce than I am the personal life of Barry himself.

I'm new to this whole Dee Cee thing. Rebirth actually made me more interested in reading Wally stories than Barry. His main book will be Titans right? What are some good post 2000s Wally Flash stories?

I am a newbie too, so I could not answer that. I'd like to read some too. I know Geoff Johns had a run at some point that's supposed to be really good.

Batman is my favorite hero and Tom King is great, but I just really have Batman fatigue lately and the Rebirth issue did nothing to really "Wow" me. Snyder's run was pretty to look at but Zero Year was the only part of his run I really enjoyed. And that was only because I trade waited for the first time. Reading month to month was fucking awful for Snyder's run. And with Morrison's just felt like the de-facto, grandiose Batman story to me, I'm pretty ok with taking a break from reading about Bruce for a while.

Superman's got me interested, especially with Manhke and Gleeson on art. I'm kind of worried about Tomasi writing two issues a month though. I typically enjoy his stories so I'm still on board.

I couldn't give a shit about Baz or Jessica Cruz, especially with that shit creative team.

GA was dope and the best of the rebirth books. I didn't think I'd be checking that one out, but Percy's got me hooked already. I think between the art and just being thirsty for actual Green Arrow instead of CW's BatArrow has me most hyped about it though.

>Not reading John's Wally stories already
C'mon guys. Get on that ASAP.

Amazon.com/Flash-Geoff-Johns-Book-One/dp/1401258735
or Geoff Johns: The Flash 164-209 (2000-2004|Beast+DCP) on Kickass torrent.

Also check out his JSA while you're at it to get hyped for their eventual comeback. I actually REALLY hope that's what Johns is writing next

>not the new 52 faggot.
Fuck you user.

How friendly to new readers are those runs?

Geoff Johns' run is all post 2000 and great, though you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't read Waid's run first. One of the best comics in the 90s.

Read The Life Story of The Flash for a Flash history primer then read Flash, volume 2, #62-225. Simple as that.

Do this
Perfectly new reader family if you go that route. The Life Story of The Flash was explicitly made so new readers could pick up Wally's books without having to go back and read everything about The Flash.

What about the JSA stuff mentioned?

Batman>Superman>Green Arrow>Green Lanterns.

And there's a good chance that the last two might get dropped depending on how they go. Green Arrow is more likely due to just how badly Dinah came off as the authors mouthpiece.

Is Dinah's solo worth reading?

It's over next week and she comes across as a completely different character.

I was impressed by all of this week's Rebirth specials, beacuse I found them all, at minimum, good.

Green Arrow had fantastic art and Percy finally feels like he's really getting his bearings.

Superman introduced the new status quo well, with some nice moments of pathos (like adding N52 Supes to the statues).

Green Lanterns had fun interactions between Jessica, Simon, and Hal. But considering Humphries' past work, all the good was probably on Johns' part so I'm not picking up the series unless I see Humphries is capable of doing it on its own.

I actually quite liked Batman. A fun little story and an interesting take on Calendar Man though I agree with others that it felt disjointed at times and wish it did more to introduce readers to what the run is really going to feel like, rather than just a villain one-shot.

JSA is also new reader friendly. Though the whole concept of the team is being about the "old guard" (the original Flash, the original GL, etc.), stuff is pretty well explained and it doesn't REALLY rely on old stories such as building new ones with the old timers and some of the younger legacy heroes they're mentoring. It's part of why it's so good.

JSA does a pretty good job of introducing all its characters and setting things up within the book, I think. You have these old heroes and you'll get a good idea of who they are and what they've done without actually reading old Flash or Alan Scott stories, but like mentioned, a lot of the appeal comes from the legacy aspect. Not just younger heroes taking up the mantles of their parents or whoever, but also just in the older heroes working with the newer ones.

Superman

>because of Wu's Scarlet Witch work and multiple deadline lapses they have fill-in artist Sandy Jarrell to complete that issue

>I actually REALLY hope that's what Johns is writing next
Its Orlando who's writing JSA. He's been hinting at it for ages on his twitter and he's a huge JSA fanboy.

A lot of the DCYou titles didn't end with the regular artist. Constantine and Martian Manhunter come to mind.

>Martian Manhunter
Eddy Barrows is on Detective Comics.

>One of the best comics in the 90s.
You must be drunk. Not just because of the fact that some of the issues were very weak in that run, but even at it's best it was not THAT good. And why would you tell someone to continue reading Flash post Johns? Shit sucked.

Will be. He was off for the last two issues of Martian Manhunter to get a head start I suppose but my point still stands.

Oh shit. I mean, Johns is who I'd really like to see but fuck I would love to see what Orlando could do with a JSA book too.

I like the direction Rebirth is headed in, but changing creative teams in the middle of a story is such a shitty thing to do. Grayson took the biggest hit I feel like, but pretty much all of them fucking sucked after they switched up creative teams to get ready for Rebirth.

Kinda but when you look at how poorly they were selling... besides it was mostly fill in work and it just happened to come at the last issue in the run... Grayson is the only one that switched writers.

>>Superman

1. Superman
2. Green Arrow
3. Green Lanterns
POWER GAP
9001. Batman

Hi damianposter

Dude what, fuck no. I don't give a shit about what robin is where. Batman Rebirth is just a weak issue

Sure thing, damianposter.

m8 Damianposter is way too retarded to post in full sentences with correct grammar

I read Batman and Green Arrow in that order. Batman was kinda lacklustre, it didn't really make me want to read the rest when it releases. Green Arrow, in contrast, was amazing. The art, Black Canary, Ollies beard, "Finally". I thought it was great, I really hope it maintains quality.

If you say so, damianposter.

Only one I liked was Green Arrow, gonna put it on my pull list. Excited for Wonder Woman next week.

King should just try to be King instead of being a discount Snyder.

The development with Duke is clearly Snyder's doing, I'm just glad he's not Robin. I could comment on his lack of personality(seriously even Damian's pets like Goliath and Alfred the cat have more personality than this guy) or his joke of a costume or Snyder's contrived reasons for keeping him around in depth but I think I'll pass. The character doesn't merit that effort whatsoever, on to the next development.

Well I was one of those who advocated for King to replace Snyder but for the last few months I've voiced concerns over how "Snyderized" everything seemed to be when it came to King and his Batman. This issue was ofcourse co-written, then there were all those Batman interviews in which both of them appeared together for some reason, Snyder has complete control over the rogues gallery, they admitted to co-writing events in the future and so on. By and large I got the impression that Snyder was really driving the show and King was fully content at being in the passengers seat. This issue pretty much proved it. I dont think it was awful or anything but it wasn't good either.

how do you feel about putting Tom Kings penis in your mount ?...

We'll have to see Snyder leave eventually, right?

Why Duke? Don't get it, I thought we would never see that guy ever again. Robin Wars was a waste of printed paper. Even in the pages of Rebirth all he did was spread negativity. You can't do this or that wtf! Just bring in Damian already. Just disappointment for now.

I would of preferred Damian over Duke. Not a big fan of the batfamily getting bigger.

but Damian has already graduated from sidekick status

>>Batman
I'm sorry but this issue was terrible and too short. Good art and that was about it. Barely any story there at all :/

Literally nothing happened in this issue.Waste of money, nothing happens, nothing is set up. Lame Duke,

How

>>Superman
>>Green Arrow
Decent issue.

What the fuck does that even mean shit the fuck up.

Snyder is co-writer

Green Arrow > GLs = Batman

I loved most of GA, especially the art

Jessica's background in GLs is kind of interesting but not much else was. All Batman really had going for it was sexy Bruce

Well, for starters it literally set up nothing. Nothing happened in the long game, at all.

Hail Hydra completely stole the wind from DC's sails, the internet can't shutup about Captain America while Rebirth is hardly mentioned. How does this make you feel?

Green Arrow outsold Civil War 2.

At one shop

Nobody cares

Bruce got his fortune back and it set up a new character in Duke while also hitting all the key beats of Batman
>against all impossible odds, Batman keeps going. His will in unbreakable.
>there will always be evil int he world, and there will always be good men to stand up to it.

Those sales will quickly go down when the new readers notice Felicity isn't in the comics.

It was a hoary old "now the character is evil" plotline against yet another "New Direction" for DC as they peddle the same old shit.

Nothing special by Marvel, except characters like Cap have a lot of newfound fans through the movies. No one much cares about DC, or care to keep track of which continuity they are sellling. They'd just appreciates some nice Superman.

Status quo, the issue

Batman is only a crybaby quitter in the movies.
No one expects him to puss out in the comics.

Rebirth is up for a 3rd printing and each rebirth mini up for a second printing alongside Scooby Doo.
People are too busy bitching about Cap to actually buy it

I like this meme of people thinking Felicity is actually popular when in reality its about 100 chicks on twitter

Literally what every single one of these Rebirth oneshots is about, establishing the status quo

Enjoy your ban, summerfriend.

Establishing a new status quo, one different from the last 5 years. This status quo, is exactly the same as the one from 5 months ago

>Literally what every single one of these Rebirth oneshots is about, establishing the status quo

As Johns implied, they are apologies for the brief intermission of 90's garbage.

All of them were like that though.

Five months ago he lost his fortune and didn't take up Duke as his ward. Actually, 5 months ago Bruce wasn't even Batman.

>Batman really had going for it was sexy Bruce
Nobody cares

>Batman
Harper Row was obviously a throwaway character and so is duke. Not interested in this when Detective will have Cassandra and Stephanie, either of whom would make a perfectly good sidekick. Tired of this crap.

. I agree Duke is pretty much an unnecessary character with an already bloated Robin and other bat family characters around,

Batman going the Marvel route of inserting less interesting minority characters into the role of superior originals. Bleh.

He is unnecessary, but Spoiler is even worse.

>>Superman
I agree with many of the posts above . This was actually mY favorite rebirth title that came out . It definitely brought a smile to my face towards the end . Can't wait to see what direction Tomasi takes supes

Don't get me started on Batman though... all over the place and had even less story.

>Superman introduced the new status quo well, with some nice moments of pathos (like adding N52 Supes to the statues).
I really hope this series grows into it's potential, which is really high.

Pic related got me pretty hard. I'm going to miss New 52 Supes. Good issues though.

For me Superman was a little boring but very emotional.

Batman was good too but again, barely anything happened.

Green Lanterns was good, though it was written by Johns as opposed to whoever is writing it. So it doesn't really set a precedent.

I didn't read Green Arrow, is it good?

Find tbe Story time and read it, it's very good

Batman Rebirth was just...weird. I never thought I'd say that a Snyder issue or a King issue was badly paced, but then there's this. Even by decompressed standards, there was only enough plot for 10 pages, and you could clearly see the padding out.

Beyond that, the plot was kind of boring. If you've read Batman 49-52, then this really didn't tell you anything new: Bruce is back, Duke is his new ward, and uh....new Batman suit?

But compared to GLs, Superman, and GA, there's no shift in roles or mentality or anything really new in this status quo. To the degree that GA is same-same with its status quo for Oliver, it at least has him question himself before re-asserting that his approach is correct.

Batman was just..."yep, same ol' batsy." I suppose, if you're a lapsed reader or haven't paid attention since the start of DCYou, that can be a great thing to read. But honestly, I don't think you need to dedicate 20 pages to how much HASN'T changed in Gotham. And I know the meta-commentary of "we're just going to keep saving people again and again" is supposed to reflect that, but it would have made more sense if we actually saw Batman saving civilians (instead of completing what's ostensibly a spec ops mission).

In another nutshell, I get that "Rebirth" is supposed to be shifting series to their most popular/acclaimed runs. It just sucks that, for Batman, that means Snyder's run is all you need to go back to. I don't blame King for this, or even Snyder himself. It's just a bad/uninteresting move from the powers-that-be.

>>Green Arrow

I actually was looking forward to GA the least but i enjoyed it way more than i thought i would.

For me Batman was kind of a letdown.

>GL
Hal has always been one of my favourite characters, so it was nice to see him around and being a bit cocky and drill sergeant esk. I'm interested in Simon, but haven't really read much with Jessica. Hopefully it doesn't turn to shit once Johns stops paying attention. Sick of the red lanterns though to be honest. Would rather have some buddy cop, protecting unknown worlds type story, rather than MUH RAGEEE MUH REEVENEHERHEE bullshit.

>GA
Nice art, alright story. I'll give it a go. Nice to see the goatee, but pushing the "such a lib warrior" stuff a little to hard that it doesn't feel organic in the story.

>Superman
Eh. Didn't really give a toss about nu52 supes... not sad to see him go, don't much care about pre-fp supes... but hopefully Tomasi can bring some fun and some feels.

>Batman
Probably least enjoyable. Art was alright... kinda flat in places. Haven't been following the bat books lately so a fair amount when over my head, but the gist was still there. Decompressed style of it made it a little hard to follow and a little boring. I'll probably find it in the win thread just so I can see the shitshow when Sup Forums turns on king.

overall
> GA = GL > Supes > Bats

Batman>GA>Superman>GL