Why does Sup Forums hate Snyder's Batman so much? I am reading though it now and I don't see anything bad about it...

Why does Sup Forums hate Snyder's Batman so much? I am reading though it now and I don't see anything bad about it. It's neither as amazing as casuals make it out to be or as bad as this board constantly complains about

What gives? Are Batfags just artistic and hate any current long-term writer?

nah, the face DEMANDS a status quo retcon. one of Sup Forums's biggest peeves.

too much violence, not enough funny

Im on volume 4, I thought the joker arc was okay.

I wanna.fuck.harpers faggot brother's tight little boypussy while I call.him a fucking Faggot, then cum on his face.

Thats weird
Snyder's Batman was everyone favorite

Poorly aped Morrison's run and introduced way too many side characters. Also wrote every villain as the same one note character with a homolust for Batman.

I don't hate it. I can see why it would frustrate some big two fans though. Better books get ignored for average or just-above-average books with more popular characters all the time when it comes to the big two.

Then you've got the good or great books either getting cancelled early or repeatedly event'd because they don't have the bigger characters. It's not a new problem though, it's just part and parcel of big two comics.

Sup Forums is a hipster board, user.

I hate him I read both and I don't get what makes him so G R E A T like most people in comic books forums think they are... Listening to some people you'd think they are the second coming of Christ or something

The writing reminds me of the 90s. Constant promise of ultraviolence as the main draw, weak plot twists, unnatural dialogue with way too many exposition dumps from villains, and speaking of the villains, I've never seen a Batman writer get them so completely wrong.

I don't hate Snyder Batman. I just don't like it anywhere near as much as just about any other high profile run in recent memory.

Boring, over-narrated, and every issue feels the same. Can't stand his writing at all.

Snyder is too into himself. He writes everything with such an overdramatic tone that it's almost comical. I dropped it during Zero Year when I realized that every storyline was a rehashing of an older storyline, but with a less competent writer at the helm this time.

I've gotta say, I can't really remember the last time I read a Batman story that truly added to the character... Snyder's lucky he's got Capulo with him

Personal opinions are by definition not universal.
Everyone on Sup Forums thinks those opinions are absolutely right coming from themself and absolutely wrong coming from anyone who disagrees.
That's why the reviews of any particular work has the same wars being fought over it's value.

>It's neither as amazing as casuals make it out to be or as bad as this board constantly complains about

When something is just sort of mediocre, but people like it anyway, it pushes people who would otherwise just not like it to hate it for some reason.

I hated Death of the Family so fucking much, it was extremely hyped for months and the first issues are awesome, they really build up a sense of dread you only see in straight horror comics, a lot of the stuff just felt wrong, like that deformed lion cub. Then Snyder shat the bed in the worst possible way and gave us that poor excuse of an ending where absolutely NOTHING happened. It made me drop the book and it was a huge letdown specially considering his Court of Owls arc was at least above average.

Scott Snyder's Batman: Everything That's Awful About Batman

It's not bad but it's not amazing either.

Death of the family - vomit city

The reason people on Sup Forums don't like Scott Snyder's run on Batman is because of Zero Year. That's it.

There's no other reason, everyone enjoyed Court of Owls, everyone enjoyed Death of the Family, but when Zero Year came out people didn't like the fact that it retconed away Year One.

The thing is it probably wasn't Snyder and Capulo who wanted to tell Zero Year as a new Batman origin story; it was probably editorial. The probably just wanted to tell a cool Riddler story but editorial probably asked them to do a New 52 Batman origin.

And the thing is Sup Forums is right in the sense that Zero year isn't as good as Year One, but the second half is a good Riddler vs Batman story so I still have zero issues with it; I own Year One too so I can always give that to people who want to read a "chronological Batman"; or just a good Batman story.

I will say that I haven't finished Snyder and Capulo's run yet as the hardcover trade for the second half of Super Heavy isn't out yet. So maybe once it's all done I'll have a different opinion.

But so far I'd say Snyder and Capulo's run is one of the better Batman runs we've had. Obviously Denny O'Neill's and Neal Adams run is better, but you can't top those two.

Sup Forums actually liked zero year and hated DotF.

Sup Forums hates comics
Sup Forums hates Sup Forums
Sup Forums hates everything... almost.
Sup Forums loves to hate.

Death of the Family, Endgame and Superheavy were pure shit.
Batman acted like an idiot, Joker was able to do anything with no explanations, Mr Bloom is just a clichè horror movie villain, Alfred and Gordon acting out of character, overexpositions, decompression, important events happening off panel and pushing his own OCs are just some of my problems with this run and I'm pretty sure I'm also forgetting some.
I like King, but if Batman #1 isn't amazing I'm not bothering reading another mediocre run

I liked the Batgordon stuff because it had gorgeous art and I could pretend that it was a western adaptation of Patlabor.

But it was short lived and went off the rails very quickly.

Because it's popular.

It's pretentious, but it feels like pretentiousness coming from a teenagers who thinks he knows everything.

Actually, it reminds me of that other guy named Snyder in that regard.

To me, it was fatigue. By the time Endgame and Superheavy came around, I was already tired of the whole THIS IS THE BIGGEST DISASTER THAT EVER BIGGED OMG thing. Plus I genuinely hate the way he writes the Joker, and he puts the Joker in everything. And yeah he made him way too OP. And the Nu!Bruce stuff in Superheavy was a hot mess and poorly resolved in my opinion.
I like Snyder as a writer, but I frequently hate bis story choices.

>Are Batfags just artistic and hate any current long-term writer?
>Artistic

Sure