Hey peeps

Hey peeps.
Could you recommend me some Rom-Coms/ Romantic movies?
I've been on a romantic kick after watching Master of None.

I've watched a good amount of the good ones (most of the usual suspects) and some of the bad ones on my previous kick.

Before Trilogy
10 Things
Sleepless/ You've Got mail
Lots of 80's stuff
Some classics too.

Synecdoche, New York

Is this really romantic?
I've had this for a while but never bother to watch it.

It's all about love

If you are into rom coms Love and Other Drugs. Very sensual and charming, also silly but not entirely silly unlike most other rom com of that style it's balanced with drama romance and comedy and it also comes with a lot of nice and beautiful messages about love. I thought it was also very natural looking, with a natural, raw aesthetic, with little concern about building an unrealistically beautiful story, and ended up really putting the viewer in a setting similar to our real life. Liked at the time however its been a long time since i last watched it...

500 Days of Summer

Thanks.
Gonna be watching some Hoffman tonight

I've watched this a few times.

>Love and Other Drugs
Damn, this sounds interesting as fuck. Never heard of it.

You better have already watched Love Actually.

Adventureland

Yeap. Usually on Christmas.
I have no idea why this movie's been getting so much hate lately.

Is this romantic? I remember watching it a few years back but don't remember that much romance.

This movie sells itself as a simple zany romantic comedy movie, but it's also got a gut-punching story underlying the romance. Surprised the hell out of me and actually made me tear up at the end. Just don't spoil it for yourself by reading a wikipedia article or some shit.

Easily one of the best romantic movies of its decade, in my mind.

The Blue Lagoon

>Easily one of the best romantic movies of its decade, in my mind.
Really? I have it, but all i done is skimmed through it and it looked really dark (visually), so i though that might be the same mood.

Shit. I remember fapping to this when i was a kid.

Annie Hall?

Hell yeah!
I love stories with time skips, that's why When Harry Met Sally is my top Rom-COm

My ranking of it is most probably heavily influenced by my life and the fact that I wasn't expecting that subplot to show up in what I thought was a rom-com movie. Can't really go into it any more without turning this into a blog-post and spoiling the movie.

But I still think it's definitely worth watching the movie.

I can't help but feel like I'm missing out on Annie Hall. Everyone always praises it and other Woody Allen movies but I've never been able to enjoy/watch them because I just can't stand Woody Allen. The only Allen movie I've been able to stomach was that one where they build a tunnel to rob a bank. It's the same thing with Chevy Chase comedies. I just never could stand the man, even before I heard he was an asshole.

I recommend Itazura na Kiss: Love in Tokyo and Itazura na Kiss: Love in Tokyo 2

It Happened One Night

Old romantic comedies are best because feminism ruined the genre.

>When Harry Met Sally
I laughed exactly once (the fake orgasm scene). Why am I supposed to care about the minor troubles of rich people in New York? It's the same kind of normalfag shit as Lost in Translation.

It Happened One Night is a must-watch classic and I hate the fact that every time it's brought up on here people just use it as a prop for their shallow feminism-fight.

>Shoujou from the 90's
Thanks, but i think i know how that's going to go.

Definitely gonna check it out.

Oh boy. Gonna check this out.

That's a shame. I love that movie. I like lost in translation too.
I don't get what being normal has to do with it.