Are we going to get a sequel for this? What's your expectation?

Are we going to get a sequel for this? What's your expectation?

No and none

The chinks all but confirmed we'll get one.

Jones might not be on board though. Shame, despite the multiple glaring flaws in this movie I enjoyed it. It was exactly what I needed at the time.

>over-budget underwritten poorly acted overhyped
Today that translates to 3-5 sequels and 2 spinoff trilogies

I didn't watch the first one.

Was it any good? I played a little bit of World of Warcraft like 10 or 15 years ago. Will I recognize anything?

Better than rogue one

>Was it any good?

Not really. The orcs were okay animation wise but the movie gets basically everything about Warcraft wrong.

>Will I recognize anything?

Yeah, it's made for WoWfags.

It's sad because the sequels would be pretty hard to fuck up, given the material they have to work with. No one expected the first one to be amazing, since it had to spend 90% of the film establishing the setting. Not to mention the original game was mediocre at best.

This movie didn't even do all that well in China and it still bombed worldwide. I don't see why you think it's going to get a sequel if it didn't make any money.

>$160M budget, $433M box office, however much in video sales
You bet your ass there will be a sequel

Hopefully not.

Maybe the locations. The characters are really the fathers of the main characters of WoW.

>what is marketing and theater cuts
I doubt this crap even broke even.

Thrall's rise to warchief and taretha story would be GOAT, shame we probably won't get to see it, some warcraft lore is GOAT(an arthas movie would be GOAT too)

I believe that any movie that broke 2x production budget is generally profitable.

Yes, its hard to work out because certain payouts are contingent on them being in profit.

Films make a lot of money but they only very rarely make a profit. If Hollywood accounting is to be believed they are basically philanthropists burning their money for the sake of art.

Then you're an idiot who doesn't understand how theater cuts work, or how much money hollywood spends on the average summer blockbuster film.

Here's a little note for you. summer blockbuster movies that make 1 billion dollars only make around 300 million in profit. They make 4, sometimes 5x their production budget but only make an actual 300 million at best in profit.

we might and I'll watch it
it'll probably be shit though

If they made 4x/5x their production budget at $1B then the budget was 250/200, not 160. That works out.
200-250m production - 1b gross - 300m profit - total cost: 700m. All the other costs are a little less than 2x-2.5x production, 450m-500m.

Warcraft still earns money on that ratio.

160m budget - 433m gross - 400m (on the high end) costs - 33m profit.

China will make sure it gets sequel
Don't worry

>"Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you."

>Are we going to get a sequel for this?
I hope not. The movie failed to end the same way the first game did: Stormwind burns, the humans lose, bad end. Instead we got retarded shit.

>What's your expectation?
That Blizzard dies and Kotick fucks a toothless morhaine till he chokes.

honestly... fuck you

>*dies*

I just watched this. A lot of it had the cheesiness of D&D (2000) but at the same time there were some great moments and quite a few charismatic performances (possibly its saving grace).

I would watch a sequel.

Every day Orcs continue to prove him right
Even Jaina has admitted it

Garona goes from a lying, murdering, back stabbing cunt to a sympathetic figure who was told by king llane to kill him so she wouldn't be killed by her clansmen. Also Medivh is redeemed in the end for some reason.

Had already forgotten it existed desu

From the little I know of WoW lore, the Thrall/Taretha storyline would be perfect

GREENED

An Arthas movie wouldn't fly in China bruv unless you cut all undead.

you mean the dreadlord impersonating Jaina has admitted it

Didn't they erect a massive statue of Arthas in China?

Well, no

Coming from a warcraft fan, you cant rape warcraft more than its been already, so why not.

>do wow movie
>not make it about arthas
its like the blizzkikes dont like free moniez

I really enjoyed this and I have never played the games and hate comic book movies. I honestly think there was some bandwagoning hatred on this from the "nerd" community for whatever reason.

This movie would've been passable if they just deleted the human scenes.

I have to laugh at how they moved away from that; part of Thrall's trust and affection for Jaina stemmed from her looking a lot like Taretha, then after years of tension blizz denied anything was there and gave him a literal who orc for a wife.

I watched like 5 minutes of it. I hated the look of human heads in a picture that's 99% animated. Just go full animation, none of this star wars prequel shit. It was even worse than the prequels because the armors and bodies of many of the characters were CGI as well, just a face green screened in.

in Taiwan

My guess is that the sequel will skip most of WC2 and instead follow a young Thrall. Which is fine by me. The orcs were the best part of the first, and I doubt they would've been able to do the full story of WC2 anyways.

I loved the film, sad it didn't perform that well.

My son, the day you were born, the very forests of Lordaeron whispered the name...

Budget with marketing is like 160m*2 = 320m

>47m domestic , studio gets half, 47m*0.5 = 23.5m
>386m foreign, studio get a quarter, 386m*0.25 = 96.5m

Revenue of 120m ca.

That's a flop, kid.
Couldn't even earn back the production part.

bane

I fucking sure hope so, I liked the movie. Rather have a sequel of this than any other capeshit movie

Good, I hope it stays burried, they don't have the guts to admit what vile and evil creatures orcs are and what they deserve

was right and every attemptd to prove him worng on the forums was and I bet still is, "u raicis"

Good thing this all burn to the ground as they would wash everything bad about orcs as "its their cultur"

>main characters of WoW.
I thought WoW was a MMO?

Critics are full of shit. They eat up any Marvelshit but then put up everything else next to the fucking Godfather. Fans liked the film.

They are basically all trying to create the next big franchise.

>I doubt they would've been able to do the full story of WC2 anyways

Mostly this as it's really a story of armies and not characters. They'd have to focus on Doomhammer and Gul'dan and since they completely fucked up their characters (less so with Gul'dan), it's not really viable.

I have a hard time believing any movie is worse than rogue one

>7/10
>on fucking IMDB
>the website that gives almost every movie at least an 8/10
>"the fans loved it"
Okay Dwayne. You can go back to fellating Baywatch.