Can we please admit that he's the best all-around comic writer? Action/Romance/Humor, he has it all

Can we please admit that he's the best all-around comic writer? Action/Romance/Humor, he has it all.

No he's the worst comic book writer and you should feel bad for making this thread.

Stan Lee sells coffee mugs?

when he's good, he's great. I would still rank Moore a bit higher due to his unabashed devotion to the medium. I'm sure Ennis would have preferred to have done movies and tv from the get go if he'd had the opportunity

buttmad capeshit fanboy detected

I feel like people don't praise his writing ability as much as say Morrison or Ellis for instance. They usually just talk about how "funny" or "edgy" Ennis's stuff is. Probably because they haven't read Hitman.

His comics are stories about edgelords, by an edgelord, for edgelords.

>b-but m-muh hitman!

One good story does not a good writer make. Everything else Ennis has written is utter, utter trash.

> Preacher AKA Reddit: The Comic
> The Boys AKA Edge: The Comic

Reminder that if you defend either of these stories you have no taste whatsoever.

Preacher was written well before reddit was a thing, noob.

>unironically using the word "noob"

I expect nothing from Ennis fans and yet I'm always floored at how scummy they are

proto-Reddit

I like him a lot. I think the edginess or whatever works well when he contrasts it with sincerity, which makes huge moments for some of his books

>I expect nothing from Ennis fans and yet I'm always floored at how scummy they are
It's hardly our fault you SJWs are triggered by everything. Go read some Dave Willis to calm you down like the pleb you are.

>Edgy=Bad

i'm so tired of people using the word edgy like it automatically means something is shit

Steve Gerber wins him in the humor and romance department, if you ever read Howard the Duck and Hard Time. Ennis is just better than Gerber regarding action, as the only comic where Gerber could write action scenes impressively was that Foolkiller mini.

>I've read the synopsises to both stories on Wikipedia so I know their shit
Both stories are humanist masterpieces fuck you bubba

I agree with you on Preacher but calling The Boys a "humanist masterpiece" is a stretch.

buzzword buzzword buzzword i need to discredit this person's opinion any way I can because accepting that someone thinks something I like is bad makes me feel bad buzzword buzzword buzzword stupid cuck sjw buzzword buzzword buzzword

The Boys is about how being a dick won't get you anywhere in life. Annie points out that she hated cursing at A-Train because being a jerk just isn't in her nature. Mallory regrets killing that superhero that murdered his grandkids because it solved nothing in the end. All he did was kill a man. It wouldn't bring his grandkids back. Billy holding into the hatred that he had towards his father resulted in him becoming what he Is in modern day. There's a quote that pretty much sums the book up, with Billy talking to Hughie
"You don't have in IN you to be like that, Hughie.
You had too nice an upbringing.
Your mom and dad were too good to you.
And I wish you could see that you're not less of a MAN, or some sort of inferior person, just because you can't be harsh and hard and cold."

The guy tends to draw series out past the point acceptability, but then makes up for it with really good endings.

His mini-series, like Red Team, Caliban, Rover Red Charlie, tend to have potential, but either don't reach it or are just pale imitations of better stuff out there. Although Code Pru is really good.

I gotta say I agree with However Punisher MAX is great as is Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe.

>Preacher AKA Reddit: The Comic
>The Boys AKA Edge: The Comic
Both of those criticisms are completely meaningless.

His work on War Stories was pretty good.

It still has flaws though, so hence why I think it shouldn't be considered a masterpiece. Just saying it is a good comic is good enough.