Create Star Trek thread
>Acknowledged
Set shitposting to maximum
>Enter when ready

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZapAjjTDbh4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Topic of discussion for today:
Next Gen: What went right? Why is Picard so based? Why is Riker so based? Why are Data episodes the best episodes?

>computer, create bad op
>make him unable to produce original thought
>or interesting ideas to start his threads

>Darmok threads
>Transporting Is Murder threads
>Barclay's Holodeck Degeneracy threads
These are truly /trek/'s holy trinity of threads for casuals making low-quality posts.

I started watching TNG for the first time going through every single episode.

I finally made it to season 3. 1/2 had some good episodes but I'm glad I finally made it through. 3 is already a lot better.

Original threads don't get replies, memes do. (This is OP by the way)

Bask in it user. It doesn't get any better than TNG seasons 3-6.

what was intended by this?

tng ended 12 years ago and you're still alive.

Why not try something fun?
Like matching a star trek female with the mbti they'd best partner with.

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

I wanna be a Q

So you wish to be the little girl?

I wanna be that girl.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

>mfw re-watching End Game this week

What the fuck I don't remember it being this bad

>It's a Janeway absolutely destroys the timeline because one person died
>It's a Borg are irreversibly crippled by an Intrepid Starship
>It's a Chakote Romance episode

they all match barclay best.

What an ugly ship.

Ah, Fat Riker and Fat Troi. Be sure not to film their profiles!

They hired talented actors that had good chemistry with one another. The producers told Roddenberry to go get his fucking shinebox when his autism got out of control.

Data has the same appeal of Spock, he analyzes humanity from the outside and tries to understand what makes us tick.

>It's a Wesley episode

Why aren't we getting a Trek show based around Ezri?

>Trying to make Troi look like she hadn't had work done

Are you saying Marina Sirtis has had work done?????

Buddhism is the future lad, material possessions cause only suffering

>computer, create a section of the holodeck not visible to the naked eye, large enough to fit myself in and keep this section running at all times
>create a sexually mature Klingon male and increase sexual aggression by a factor of 5
>Disable all safety parameters and only allow access to this program to myself
>keep the program running in silent mode until a female crewmember or Ensign Crusher enters the holodeck
>duplicate amount of klingon males any time the words "help" or "let me out" is said by anyone in the holodeck
>activate the program five minutes after entry
>save as "broccoli_likes_to_watch.holo"
>page Ensign Crusher and Counselor Troi to the holodeck on my mark
>...
>mark

>Attention Bajoran workers, tell me about your sexual organs

I'd like to Visit this Nana

What's the great Trek pleb filter? The Motion Picture? Enterprise?

Voyager

>Those Bajoran GILF genes

So did that species have both sex organs or neither? They talked about one of them laying an egg and the other fertilizing it, so do they actually have male/female organs and they just ignore them within there culture? Does Riker fuck traps?

Now, in defense of Berman,

What You Leave Behind was a tough act to follow, because DS9 was almost a sci-fi serial. They'd spent a lot of time developing and building up their characters, and on top of that WYLB was, what, the tail end of a massive six-part final arc?

But Voyager wasn't as big on plot arcs as DS9 was; the Trek show it tried to be most like was TNG. But All Good Things was another tough act to follow, because Picard was the central focus of that story and Patrick Stewart is himself a tough act to follow. It also served as a bookend for the series; TNG began with Picard and Q in that courtroom, and as fitting as it was to end the series that way I don't think anybody expected it. Also the anti-time paradox was neat.

Voyager's ending was telegraphed from the very beginning; we knew that, by the final episode, Voyager would have got home. They could have brought in Q to make it more like All Good Things, but as much as DeLancie would have brought to the story it would have felt like a cop out. And the showrunners had tried hard to keep to the episodic TNG formula and avoid character development, so there wasn't any emotional drama in seeing the crew's reactions to getting home. In a way, Berman and Braga sort of wrote themselves into a corner with the previous 6.9 seasons of television.

But even in the context of the above, End Game is a disappointment. The Borg and Future Janeway are almost as big a cop out as Q would have been, but without the positive benefit of having John DeLancie hamming it up for two hours. And since "Borg and Future Janeway" is really all there is to the episode, there's not much else to say about it.

>be a part of a problem solving team
>minding our own fucking business in the quadrant
>some bitch in a fancy starship wants to travel to the other side of the galaxy
>sure that can be arranged
>they have this unique individual that will be perfect for our crack team of experts
>propose an exchange
>they refuse
>try to persuade them into accepting using some funny subtle tricks
>they discover the ruse somehow
>bitch gets turbomad
>so mad she ends up tracing a plan that will end up with me and my team being caught by some bounty-hunter fucks
>sentenced to execution soon most likely
life as space costanza is suffering

I actually liked him being a prodigy, until they decided that he would dissapear until it was time to run off to space faggots with the traveler

Because writing off Jadzia was a mistake.

What was she thinking? They only had one season left.

>Because not writing off Jadzia in season 1 was a mistake.

Sorry, you had a type.

>It's a Dragonball episode

dragon ball trek best trek

>writing off Jadzia
Why would you do that?

Legitimately one of the biggest wtf moments I've had on Trek

>What was she thinking? They only had one season left.
She was thinking that she could be a recurring character, like Garak or Nog.

Rick Berman basically forced her out.

>What was she thinking? They only had one season left.
She wanted work after DS9 ended but didn't want to wait until it ended. Still stupid since there was only the one season left anyway. And then she left Becker early because she hated it there.

you forgot to disengage safety protocols

>Computer, create an exact replica of everybody in the ship and increase their paranoia by 200 percent
>warp them into random, currently empty rooms on the ship
>disengage safety protocols

>DS9 rips off DBZ in 1998
>B5 rips off DBZ in 2002
More proof that B5 ripped off DS9.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZapAjjTDbh4

>holograms leaving the holodeck
>"warp them"
I warned you about the casuals, /trek/! I warned you!

He's on Voyager and they made a bunch of the doctor's holoemitter things.

>"warp them"
Get out, casual.

>temporal police never confiscate the mobile emitter.
>janeway pretends to honor temporal prime directive.

>mfw I lurk trek threads but have never watched the show

Jadzia was my favorite DS9 character and I wish I could have seen how she would have handled the last season.

No excuses.

Get started.

Dude, watch it. It's comfy as fuck.

And by "it" I just mean Star Trek in general, not a specific series.

>It's a bait image post

Step the fuck up son. How can you fully experience the comfiness without watching the show?

I just want comfy ST series about people who are better than me at everything flying throw space on a cool ship dealing with ayylmao problems (but not omnipotent lmaos, those get old fast) with charismatic leads and perhaps more androids. A holodeck episode now and then is cool too. WHy do they think everything has to be DRAMA DRAMA HEAVY PLOT SEASON WIDE PLOT ARC now?

Honestly just watch TOS and TNG (DS9 if you really want but don't have to) and you're set. Everything else is useless.

>bait
?????

Same, I'm just here for holdeck posts.

All of those images are bait, or made by someone whose taste is so shit they might as well be bait

I rewatch TOS every time I catch a cold, there's nothing comfier than sitting under a blankie with a pint of hot lemon tea watching Trek.

What makes you say that?

>computer, create an exact representation of the Enterprise including all systems and personnel and myself
>script holographic Barclay to walk into the holodeck. Have him create and execute this exact program.
>disengage safety protocols
>remove lock on holodeck's maximum power usage and when it has been exceeded, prioritize holodeck over all other systems and open auxiliary circuits directly to the ships reactor
>lock the door and deny all command crew attempts to access holodeck
>execute on my mark

1. Bajorans
2. Trill
POWER GAP
20. Humans
21. Vulcans
LARGER POWER GAP
100. Romulans
ENORMOUS POWER GAP
9999. Klingons
10000. Rancid dog shit
10001. Ferengi

Prove me wrong
PROTIPyou're waifu a shit

>Didn't disengage safeties

Fucking casual.

A..at least I don't do the first part...

Such a shame she didn't have more time, I liked her character. And she qt as fuck.

>no Andorians

One question I've got.

We know that every Starfleet officer has to kill Geordi in some way to become a commander, but Geordi Lt.Cmdr himself. Did he kill a replica of himself, or have to commit holo-sudoku to pass the test?

>My feet hurt
>Data's violin playing is too loud
>I wish i was on the holodeck swordfighting with Picard

Kirk > Picard
fite me

>The Journey Home is a "fish out of water" story
I know I'm 30 years late but fuck

I wonder if their antenna are erogenous zones.

They're both second best.

So what, its a refitted Soyuz class with a fucking nasty secondary hull? The fuck is this?

Holy shit, how did I never get this before?

I doubt it otherwise Archer would be a dead man.

Reminder that Barclay is not for bullying.

POINT and LAUGH at the autist
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why does Kirk have such a reputation for being a skirt chaser? It seems to be his most widely known feature as a character after 'Beam me up Scotty' and Shatner's line delivery.

I just finished watching TOS, had only watched a few random episodes of Enterprise and the new movies before, and Kirk doesn't come across as the serial womanizer he's made out to be by pop culture/JJ Trek.

Hell, JJ Trek paints him as literally unable to pass members of the opposite sex without making a shit pick-up line.

Is this just a changing times thing, was Kirk unusually free with his affections for a character in the 60's but not for a modern character, but peoples memory is of a character that couldn't keep it in his pants?

Thank you for the reminder broccoli

>We know that every Starfleet officer has to kill Geordi in some way to become a commander, but Geordi Lt.Cmdr himself.
You answered your own question there. Geordi hasn't taken the test yet.

>try finding the chain of command of tng
>it's endless articles on a two parter episode
>only know from directly watching the show that Ryker follows Picard and Data follows Ryker.

I thought Geordi was just head of engineering and didn't have an official position in commanding the bridge.

>not wanting that fertile cardy pussy

Fine then, if he does take the test, which one will it be?

Data's a Lt.Cmdr too, but is the second officer and third in the chain. Geordi would take command if everyone else above him died or was incapacitated because he's still a senior officer

Stop allowing spoonheads to live

I'd stick my dick in a Borg before a Romulan

Crusher is in there somewhere since she's a Commander and a senior officer, Worf too but he's probably behind all of them, except Troi.

Did they?

>Implied you'd be the one sticking the dick in

Resistance is futile user

Voyger and Enterprise are both shit.
Original is best followed by DS9 and TNG.
Fight me nerds.

There are fifteen replies before you, you're slipping.

You're replying to an imitator, not the original.

Of course