Is post-Azz Wonder Woman + any New 52 Green Lantern any good?

Is post-Azz Wonder Woman + any New 52 Green Lantern any good?

Wonder Woman is pretty good, the art style is a lot better but it lacks the same emotion since all their faces are softer, but honestly the improved style made me wanna read it so much more

I liked the main Green Lantern series but only read about two volumes of it, but the latest arc is cool beans, Red Lanterns is pretty fun too

post Azz Wondy is ok. There is nothing much except the First-born and prophecy of the offspring killing Zeus, Diana becoming god of war, and protecting Zeke. And maybe that sideplot of Amazons killing their brothers.

WW is awful after Azz leaves, although Rucka's WW should be great

Johns' new 52 GL is good, Venditti ranges from bad to ok. Sinestro was good, GLC was meh, Red Lanterns was pretty good

The only real redeeming quality of the Finch's Wonder Woman run was that Diana sometimes tried to solve her problems without violence when she could. The art ranged from meh to outright awful, it outright ignores the events from the end of Azzerello's run, and the things it did retain it shit all over.

>Wonder Woman is pretty good
>post Azz Wondy is ok
Who the fuck are you people?

I liked it. The story was convoluted , but the art was nice and it didn't suffer from "muh stronk wimmenz need no man" shit that wondy stories tend to have.

Not to mention

>the art style is a lot better
>the art was nice

Both Wonder Woman and GL got worse after the writer change.

How can people say they prefer the art during azz's run to the finch one is beyond me. That shit was barely alive, it looked archaic.

Easy, not everyone is a pleb like you

>criticizing art for being "barely alive" while liking Finch

At least it looks like a human and not like a drawing on an ancient greek jar

>ancient greek art drawing
>for a hero based on greek mythology

Shit I never realized how much that fits.

>At least it looks like a human

Debatable

It fits thematically, I agree.

But it's ugly.

I agree finch is ugly

>no, you

>for you??

>Calling Cliff Chiang art ugly
Good lord that is some shit taste

this thread is crazy

Finch wonder woman was awful, storytime of pain stuff

He's probably just some comic book-reading neckbeard who thinks that any art style that isn't your standard, big 2 "house style" from the past 30 years is shit. This is what happens when you're a goddamned pleb with no perspective.

Green Lantern is still good until Johns run ends, after that it's just MEH. Wonder Woman goes to shit after Azz.

The Finches instead of creating their own story took most of the work Azz did and slowly destroyed it as part of their plots.

By the end they had completey diluted everything of interest

Red Lanterns was good when Soule took over.

was this the first comic finches wife wrote?

Post-Azz Wondy is one of the worst DC books of the last several years.
It's fucking terrible.
It's be bad enough if it just took a steaming shit on the Azz/Chiang run, but it did so in service of some truly terrible stories.
The writer has almost zero experience, and is SHOWS. Then you've got her husbands terrible art on top of it.

I think he'd done a Zenescope mini before?

I feel like people give Azz an easy pass because of the fun wordplay and Chiang's art.

It was pretty good in general, but his version of the Amazons was really lame and First Born was a shitty villain.

I think in regards to the Amazons some people have their preconceptions/headcanons/whatever about what they should be and Azz's version is closer to that than classic WW Amazons so they don't mind the change.

>First Born was a shitty villain.

He was the best OC Reverse Wonder Woman any writer has come up with

what was the point of this?

>The writer has almost zero experience, and it SHOWS.

And that's the biggest tragedy of New 52 Wonder Woman... Azzarello's run, while having its issues, left things open for the next writer to truly build...

The Finch run not only undid everything good about the prior run (Diana inspiring the Gods to be better than themselves, Hippolyta's curse being partially broken) but doubled down on the worse aspects (Amazons being man-hating murderers, Diminishing agency)

But the biggest tragedy of the Finch run is you KNOW DC Editorial is going to point to it as to why women don't right A-Lister books more often even though it's their own fucking error putting a novice on such a title

Their intention? To act as a bookend honoring the New 52 as a whole

Actual Result? Showcasing how far the New 52 had tumbled and highlighting David Finch's weaknesses as an artist, especially when it comes to female characters

Wonder Woman is garbage post-Azz.

>But the biggest tragedy of the Finch run is you KNOW DC Editorial is going to point to it as to why women don't right A-Lister books more often even though it's their own fucking error putting a novice on such a title
That's a pretty dumb thing to think they'd do.

I don't think they really care. It was shit but it kept selling moderately, like always. Which is why they didn't kick them out earlier. They went stayed the end of the New 52, and if it wasn't for Rebirth they would probably stay even longer.

They stayed until the end*

No, the biggest tragedy is that if Rucka had been the Azz followup writer, he would have been able to do a lot of great things with those characters and relationships.
But the Finchs burned it all down and salted the goddamn earth for good measure.

>comic is shit
>say the biggest tragedy is not about the comic itself , but women's workplace issues
And you say this place isn't tumblr

I liked Godhead.

>And you say this place isn't tumblr

Nobody actually says that. We all agree.

Finch Wonder Woman is one of the worst comics written in the last few years. The only one I have read that I consider worse is Avengers Arena.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Nothing can beat the "mansplaining" one. Finch was convoluted as shit, but at least it wasn't feminist.

That was one short in a non-canon digital-first anthology.
Who cares?

Finch destroyed everything positive from the Azz run, with their only contribution being a Donna Troy so terrible that she was immediately retconned like crazy.

>Azz said his editors told him to stop killing off so many charactes so his successor had something to work with
>Editors proceed to let his successor destroy everything he created anyway

Different editors. Idelson was on the book with Azz and Finches had Cotton-Berganza