Hey Arnold

Hi, Sup Forums. I'm sure you guys know about hey arnold. 90s cartoon from nick, had a movie that tanked in the early 2ks, got canned for a variety of reasons.

You may also know that last year the original creator Craig Bartlett announced they were making another movie, to tie up loose ends in the storyline. More recently (march), nickelodeon announced it would be a 2 part, 2 hour total made-for-tv-movie. The name of this movie coincides with the original plans for the sequel movie before the series was canned. It's called the jungle movie.

I wanted to share some details. I'm no major player, but I'm part of the writing staff Bartlett was allotted. I'm actually an intern in the writing department, and am being tasked with talking about the movie at comic con this year at the nick animation studios panel.

So I just wanted to dump some information you may see in the coming two-three months.

Firstly, Alex D Linz, former child actor and voice of arnold in the episode "The Journal" will be reprising his role in the movie. This was a choice made mostly out of necessity, every other actor's voice has changed considerably and they're not exactly reminiscent of a 9 year old anymore.

Second, the movie takes a few months after the events of the episode "the journal", which is pretty much the tie in to the movie. There's an intro explaining the show to newer audiences, though. About 10 minutes of arnold walking around town to reach ps 118 in part 1 to corralle the gang to head to the jungle to search for his parents. Bob funds the entire venture, and it's actually a vacation for the parents. That's about all I know for the story itself, but I just thought there might be someone on Sup Forums who might like this information. Also if youll be at San Diego comic con feel free to come check out the nick writing panel. Craig Bartlett will be there discussing how it's different writing for children's shows now than it was in the 90s.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BF-RKJKIHNv/?taken-by=craigbartlett&hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sounds neat

Wowzers

Neat. I'm interested in seeing how it pans out given how long it's been since the show aired.

I always thought "Jungle Movie" was a really fucking lame name.

>all these slowpokes

jeeez Sup Forums this has been announced for months, I remember a thread about it ages ago.

I thought it was a working title since it's mostly been in limbo.

>Firstly, Alex D Linz, former child actor and voice of arnold in the episode "The Journal" will be reprising his role in the movie. This was a choice made mostly out of necessity, every other actor's voice has changed considerably and they're not exactly reminiscent of a 9 year old anymore.

I thought Francesca Smith was coming back as Helga too.

I think they meant of Arnold, specifically, as he's gone through a handful of voice-actors.

Hey Arnold was awful

Aw ywaaah

I loved hey arnold

Hey Arnold was da bomb

Go, go, go!! Football Head!!

Cool. It's good that they're either getting a movie or wrapping up the series's story. It aught to be pretty good.

Your editing skills are mediocre. I'm surprised you got to intern as a cartoon writer.

>the movie takes a few months after the events of the episode "the journal"
Awww. I was hoping that this was going to be set at least a decade after the series ended.

>in before we get a joke where someone says beepers will become obsolete and cell phones will replace them and Bob says that's a load of crock

they will probably leave such things ambiguous, as in not mentioning his job and such, so that newer viewers won't get confused, but you can still watch it back to back with the original series

thx mate
However i am also interested in
>Craig Bartlett will be there discussing how it's different writing for children's shows now than it was in the 90s.
though i won't be at San Diego comic con, due to, you know, not being in America and shit

The Bob's Beeper store did sell cell phones, it's just that beepers was the alliteration that would go with Bob. Bob's shifty enough to change the name if it gets him more money, but to what? A Bob Cell Department Emporium?

>I wanted to share some details. I'm no major player, but I'm part of the writing staff Bartlett was allotted
And my aunt works at Sony.

I'm so sorry for her.

I think that's one of the more amusing things about bringing this show back; all the kids with a few exceptions would have to be recast. Nick used to have featurettes on how the show was made and they'd show how the VAs for the kids where all actual kids.

TELL US IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION ON THE ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE TV MOVIE

COME ON MAN

DONT HOLD OUT ON ME

the rocko movie is a very dangerous movie

damn it i love that gag but im getting blue balled in this thread

>and am being tasked with talking about the movie at comic con this year at the nick animation studios panel.
Why would you say something so specific? Why keep your identity a secret yet give a detail which will show your actual identity in just a couple of months?

tl;dr fake as fuck

digits say not really, but almost

>Why even leak that early Deadpool clip? Only three people will be incriminated in doing so, so the instant you do, you'll be found out immediately.
>There's still doubt if it was Ryan Reynolds.

what the FUCK are you even talking about

RR shit out a turd and people thought it was a leak of deadpool.

i dont believe you

give pictures from inside the studio or something

>inb4 public access pics

>Alex

Then why did Craig Bartlett post a picture of the original Arnold's VA with Gerald's in a recording booth on his instagram?

instagram.com/p/BF-RKJKIHNv/?taken-by=craigbartlett&hl=en

holy...