Michael: Well if you like her so much, don't give up

>Michael: Well if you like her so much, don't give up.
>Jim: She's engaged.
>Michael: BFD. Engaged ain't married.
>Jim: Huh.
>Michael: Never, ever, ever give up.
Is that good advice? Not giving up on trying to score with someone who doesn't feel the same way for you? Jenna seems to think so at least.

This show has no morals, roy should've beat jim to death. But pam should've break up with roy ages ago

Met a girl, fell for her, she friendzoned me. I didn't give up, did everything to get her. Eventually it worked and she fell for me. 4 months after moving in together she hated my guts, packed her bags and left and refused to ever talk to me again. Not sure what the lesson is.

Love this scene. I think it's supposed to be ambiguous. After all Michael can be so tactless and annoying to people but there's something legitimately hopeful about what he says, and Jim seems to take it the same way too

Well I'm sure that's better than if she never liked you back. So I'm glad it at least worked out for a while for you, and you know they say "better to love and lose than never love" or something like that. If anything it's an experience you add to your life resume. Hopefully you got to enjoy it while it lasted. I hope the same happens to me rather than never experiencing what it would be if this girl I care so much about liked me back.
TL;DR: Imo that's good, congrats!

Love waits. You should try again user.

Was this scene before or after that scene where Jim tells Pam that he's in love with her? I forgot. And yeah I love the scene for the same reason you say.
>did everything to get her
Sorry for asking but could you give some examples?

I enjoyed it for about 6 months total and felt on the brink of suicide for the next year and a half, but I guess it's alright
We had a discussion at one point where she said if she doesn't find the person she wants by the time she turns 30, she could see herself lowering the bar and settling down. I'll ask her in 2 years.
I spent roughly 24 hours walking, hitchhiking and sitting in buses to deliver fresh bread and cheese to her door, that was the first time we met irl. Then I slept outside for a week during a very fresh April so I could spend time with her (she was being housed for free someplace, I couldn't stay there). Walked something like 200 km in total so I could see her a few more times, including 50 km for nothing because she cancelled. Took her to places she'd never been to, and probably would have never been to without me. A bunch of other stupid shit that cost me a lot of time, money, and sweat.

Yikes...

Yeah I went all out. It worked though, but I never stopped 1 second to ask myself why she only wanted to be friends in the first place, and to realized that getting the girl is just the easy step, no matter how much effort it seems to be.

>and to realized that getting the girl is just the easy step
What did he mean by this?

What if every woman you know is already married?

Any romantic advice is bullshit. there's no right answer. There's an exception to every rule. There have been people have tried for a person and never got with them. And there have been people tried and then had a healthy relationship.

I mean, once you get the girl you still have to keep her. And that's also a lot of effort.
That's true. But I guess if you're confident that what you're doing is right just go for it.

The lesson is:
She realized it wouldn't work out and frienzoned you. It's not only about how you see her, but also about how she sees you and herself. Something that is quite hard for you to know, but she could have tried to explain it to you. Did she?

You're going to get bored of her eventually the only reason to marry a woman is if you got her preggos and even then you don't have too.

Well that's true but at this point I just want to get the first part right, it's definitely not easy to get someone you have a crush on to like you back if they don't.

I knew why she didn't want to be with me, and I knew I could prove her wrong and I did in the end. But I was short sighted, once I had her I thought I had won the game, but when you live with someone it's a constant effort and I fucked that up really big time.

Very immoral.

As someone who actually followed an advice like this, yes. It is bad.
I don't regret it tho

But we can all agree that it's better that this user DID score with her at some point, right?

Did you get the girl/guy you like? what did you learn?

Once you're going for it, sure I guess. But the best or wisest might be to just drop it right away.

Girls hang on to dicks like monkeys hang on to vines, only letting go of one when they've got a hold on another

If she thinks she has to lower the bar to be with you, you could do better m8.

Yeah I know, it's half a joke at this point because she left 2 years ago almost, and probably would turn me down even if she was single unless she was really desperate. But I can't help it, I've been with a nice girl for about 6 months now but I still have dreams about the first one.

>have same situation as jim
>literalyl gets stuck in elevator with girl i have feelings for on monday
>my feels when she brings up her fiance

Stop with this trash meme...

>in this situation
>she still ends up marrying the other guy
>she calls me one night drunk 6 months after marrying him and she's pissed that I never did some movie bullshit where I stopped the wedding or stole her with a kiss
Romance movies have literally rotted the collective mind of women

>Jenna
What? Just finished The Office, googled her and saw all the tabloid from last year. Is there a meme of her wanting Krasinski or something?