Abraham Lincoln

Why do most historians believe he was the best President in U.S. history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HoFpC-IMk6E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe it's because he started a Civil War

The cucks love that he freed the niggers to fuck their wives

The civil war is the toughest situation any of our presidents have ever faced. It's too bad he died before sending the blacks somewhere else.

What?

Half the country hated his guts

Freed the monkeys

Got shot by an actor!

Because he was still a big goobermint repube and we hate big goobermint now so. We hate the democrats and bad shit happens. The end

He is adored here because he freed the negro slaves

He wanted to send them to Africa.

Strong, decisive leadership in a time of crisis. Keeping the country together after a large chunk seceded is quite impressive, he literally saved the United States.

Muh freedom, mun nig Nog's

Northern liberals built a personality cult around him after his 'martyrdom' at the hands of Booth. He's credited with "preserving the union" despite the fact that as a politician he failed to find a political solution to the crisis. Arguably he drove us into war by raising an army; a decision which caused 4 border states to join the Confederacy in protest.

The saddest thing about his death was that if he had survived he'd be remembered with ignominy today. He'd have presided over the opening stages of "reconstruction", which became the most corrupt and dysfunctional period in American politics prior to the present day. He'd have lived to watch his reputation fall to ruin as the real world consequences of releasing blacks from white control set in on the nation.

He freed da slaves

Lincoln would've done better with the reconstruction era than Johnson.

>muh emancipation

He is because of the preservation of the Union, but... he probably did more to end the constitution than any before or after. He ended the real idea of "united" States and turned it into the United States. He crushed the individualism of the separate states and federalized what it means to be an American.

He kept the Republic together.
Any leader who keeps a nation together through a civil war is usually a good leader.

He also took the role of Commander in Chief to new heights by micromanaging the war after the early battles got lost do to idiot generals farting around

because with your perversion of language
best = kike

Most historians are retarded
This was your best president

>started Civil War

Nigga plz. The war started when treacherous South Carolina decided to secede without even giving the Lincoln presidency a chance.

Proud Yankee here. Fuck the South.

>Reminder that Abe Lincoln was black.

if he wasnt assassinated he would be remembered the same as james buchanan

Do yourself a favor and look up Fort Sumter you dumb fuck. The south shot first.

I like him, but he could've done without getting involved in Vietnam. Or at the very least not blunder his way with it for the first few years of the war.
Lyndon B. Johnson got handed a massive shitshow when Kennedy died.

>messing up with the federal reserve
>not wanting to nuke Russia
>messing up with mafias
>messing up with fidel castri

Nobody has tried this hard to be killed

Because he's on the $5, which is the most commonly used bill in the US. They just see his face more often.

The best was Teddy Roosevelt.

Abe Lincoln was a bitch.

>he failed to find a political solution to the crisis

He got handed a powder keg with a lit fuse by Buchanan. The war basically started during the election. How the fuck was that his fault except being anti-slavery?

I know he was one of the agitators for abolition earlier than this, but your summary is disingenuous to the actual situation in the 1850s.

If he had just let slavery continue there would have been no war. He made a choice.

Really makes you think, doesn't it?

He wasn't the one that declared war upon the legitimate government of the United States for their decision-making. That was the Southern secessionists. But keep projecting that muh south was always right the whole time.

Historians are leftists, leftists worship state power, Lincoln increased the power of the federal government more than any other person in USA history.

1. Washington
2.Polk
3. Teddy
4. Nixon
5. Eisenhower

He is praised because he won as the president of the U.S. he kept it together kind of. Would of been picked off but Europe if we split and not to mention Mexico. All war president are praised because they are the commander in chief If any other guy won the war they would of been praised

Historians tend to favor big government authoritarian Presidents who governed during wartime.

That's pretty much the standard criteria for 'greatness'.

>For their decision making
You mean the decision to take away their slaves?

Wasn't that the test of the Civil War? Does geography and "tradition" trump the rule of law? Can you just leave the Union if you don't like what your government passes as law?

We were a paltry 30-40 years away from having machinery to do the work the niggers were doing already anyway. Shame people had to foment secession and rebellion too early like that.

Right he fired on Fort Sumter.

If your argument is that a war against the state is never justified than you don't deserve to live in this ex-British colony.

My point is that Lincoln chose to take away something they felt was integral to their livelihood and in fact their culture. When they threatened war he did not back down. He made a choice to not withdraw the legislation knowing it would result in a war. He could have backed down and prevented it all. He is as much to blame as the South is.

Because he was pro-nigger before it was cool

>half the country
Everyone in the South hated him and he had like 70% disapproval in the North. So 85% hated him.

>implying Lincoln freed slaves
Yeah he freed negro slaves but he drafted people into his army which was basically slavery. If you refused to join the union army you were imprisoned and forced to build railroads which is basically slavery.

Teddy was straight shit. The only good president was Washington. Fuck off faggot.

>messing with the FED
LOL he passed order 11110 which gave the FED unlimited power.

you are a bitch

>washington
>good

That's not my argument. And I agree, both sides took extreme actions that the other side viewed as worth spilling blood over. The presidential election itself helped to incite those feelings.

I think Lincoln's psyche was a result of Enlightenment political philosophy. He viewed slavery as a moral issue. That intertwined with his political involvement and speaking ability led to a run for President. The war was a clash of his ideals in the North vs. practicality, culture and tradition in the South.

What no. He won reelection that alone means he had atleast a majority in the vastly more populous north. Also I would guess all the blacks in the south had a pretty high approval.

All the Irish loved him because he took them all in from the famine.

I guess if if you want to use the word blame thats fine. You can blame someone who you stabbed for shooting you. It would be correct technically.

>A LEAF

Go suck some French or Chinese dick

Lol levying troops in now slavery?

How isn't it? You're forced to go to war (unless you were rich, Lincoln loved the rich and would let them get off for no reason) and work against your will. If you didn't do what was asked, you go to prison where you are forced to build railroads.

>Freed the slaves and set the stage for multicultural America
>Kept the Union together, allowing the USA to ultimately become the JewSA.

It's a no-brainer.

I'm forced to wear my seatbelt. Maybe I should sue for reparations?

This. I hate when people compare him to Obama.

No he did not let the rich get off free. You could pay your way out of service. War Bonds.

Also if you are living in the country benefiting from its services part of that social contract is military service if called. Contracts go two ways. You dont get to have your lunch without paying for it sometimes with blood.

he settled disputes by wrestling
and something something slavery

>inb4 bay of pigs

I am a Lib and I think kennedy was a useless shitlord.

because theyre cucks who pretend to care about muh slavery

Underrated comment

You won't win because the nanny state can afford more lawyers than you

>No he did not let the rich get off free. You could pay your way out of service
So the rich who could afford to could buy their way out of war? What's the point of that other than to get the rich out of fighting

>war bonds
The money wasn't paid back after so no

>Also if you are living in the country benefiting from its services part of that social contract is military service if called. Contracts go two ways. You dont get to have your lunch without paying for it sometimes with blood.
Are you implying the common man benefits from war at all? No we pay the taxes and the rich get all the rewards.

The CIA fed him so much bullshit about it, he ended up taking full responsibility but he really should not of.

>Educated Historians are leftists.
Hmm, wonder why? Who do you think is the best president, then?

I'd reckon you take that back if you know what's good for you, blue belly.

Because they agree with his stance on pro-segregation and pro-white supremacy.

Yeah, but dumb ass Kennedy was stupid enough to just leave our soldiers there to be tortured and shit. He's a fucking pussy, fucker deserved that nice Texas ride.

stfu stupid pussy

>The war basically started during the election.

There was violence, yes, but not outright war. It was Lincoln who refused to negotiate with the Confederacy, Lincoln who decided to reinforce Ft. Sumter, and Lincoln who decided to raise an army to conquer the South after they took the fort.

Lincoln chose the war instead of seeking a political solution. In doing so he consigned over 600,000 Americans to needless deaths, and shattered any hope of peacefully restoring the union.

You are retarded.

How's Justin's dick?

Maybe, but I'm not wrong.

He chose to go to war over it.
Was it worth it?

The CSA started conscription first. It's the only reason there was still a war at all after 1862.

Nigger

Not defending the CSA but Lincoln was a dick for doing that. And why did he allow the rich to get off easy by not drafting them?

You are not forced to drive a car

Lincoln didn't choose shit, the south chose for him.
>"muh slaves. Fuck the fact that the rest of the west is turning against slavery, we can keep them forever and it will do absolutely nothing to strain relations with Britain and France."
Fuck the south, my only regret is Sherman didn't burn down more of your shitty land.

It's a stupid law anyways. If you are stupid enough to not wear a seatbelt, you should probably consult natural selection.

>Lincoln didn't choose shit,
Yes he did
He decided to start a war over a fort in foreign territory
That is a choice

Only idiots wear a seatbelt.

Last time I checked the south were the attackers.

>leadership
Lincoln would have been removed if he didn't do what he did. They wanted war and they would have it regardless of Lincoln.

>Lincoln was a dick for doing what the south was doing to end the war faster
I bet you also think it was unfair that the south didn't get to take KY and MO despite the majority voting against secession, or their accepting southern loyalist volunteers (only SC didn't field a single white regiment in the union army)

Fort Sumter was federal property

God dam you are fucking stupid. Do bullets and uniforms just grow on trees. Do blockades with hundreds of naval vessels just appear out of fucking nowhere?
Shit costs money and yes it was morally wrong the rich got to buy their way out but on the whole the money probably saved more lives.

For cucked libs he freed the slaves (lie) for weak minded neocons he proves they're not racist

Because they refuse to believe that he was a Republican

LOL no they just wanted to seceed

>>Lincoln was a dick for doing what the south was doing to end the war faster
So if the South was using civilian shields to fight it would be ok if the North did it?

>I bet you also think it was unfair that the south didn't get to take KY and MO despite the majority voting against secession, or their accepting southern loyalist volunteers (only SC didn't field a single white regiment in the union army)
Most people in the South wanted to secede.

I never said they were not
I never said it wasnt

That still doesn't change the fact Lincoln chose to go to war over it

Even your best president was a gay faggot, he was his fuckbuddy, pic related.

>Shit costs money and yes it was morally wrong the rich got to buy their way out but on the whole the money probably saved more lives.
You're fucking stupid it was only $300. Just enough for the rich to buy it. $300 is jack shit and probably didn't raise 1% of the war money. The whole point was for Lincolns buddys to get out of the war.

>ctrl+F "FDR"
>0 results

wow you fuckers are dumb

cause they don't know about Millard Fillmore

this

youtube.com/watch?v=HoFpC-IMk6E

Related video. Sam Dickson compares Abraham Lincoln to Assad.
In fact he calls him "Assad on meth"

dude slaves lmao

>$300 is jack shit
>1865

Literally second worst president behind Woodrow Wilson. Check your flag.

>LOL no they just wanted to seceed
How were they not the attackers retard? They surrounded the fort and refused to let it resupply, then when they found out weapons were being sent to a military fortress they chimped out and attacked. And you can't secede from the union.

>I never said they were not
Well then there you have it, the south were wrong. Lincoln didn't chose to go to war over it if the south seceded and made the first military move.

Are you implying by winning the election Lincoln chose to go to war? Because that is fucking retarded.

According to inflation translater it was 7 thousand dollars. Jack shit money just out of reach of the poor back then. That would race almost no money for the army, but it would make sure the peasants couldn't buy their way out.

>woodrow wilson
>bad
>let alone the worst president the united states has ever had

lmao you guys deserve what you're going to get out of this election...