Would you kindly post some traditional beverages from your country? This is 식혜 [sheekhae]. It's cold and sweet

Would you kindly post some traditional beverages from your country? This is 식혜 [sheekhae]. It's cold and sweet.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/owTbkbWe0fo
youtube.com/watch?v=oyRk-a1hmeI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

irn bru
cant be bothered googling it for a picture

this is kama. it's cold and whatever you season it with. usually seasonal berries

Here's another traditional beverage I see some of the Korean diaspora in my city drinking. It's called 똥술 or Ttongsul. It's a traditional medicinal drink.

Mugicha. You make it by brewing the roasted barley.

Is it an alcoholic beverage?

Non-alcoholic. Children love it.

nice

Chocolate is original from our country and we still make it in the traditional artisanal style, it's good stuff desu

This is a traditional American drink we call cola.

It is made from the fruit of the African kola tree and also South American coca leaves, and usually flavored with vanilla and other spices. It is served cold mixed with carbonated water.

Another nice hot drink is atole, which is made with maize, it has a very pleasant thick consistency that goes well with strong flavors, pictured is coffee + cinamon, perfect for cold mornings and it makes a complete breakfast on its own

the only way to start the day

Is it made from rice and is it sweet?

Fruit punch or ponche is traditional in Christmas for us, while there are many vary variations to the recipe most will include guava, tejocote (a local fruit) and sugar cane, as we as spices like anise and cinamon. You can add some run or brandy when serving.

TheHill88 was introducing this drink years ago.

thats a delicious looking cup of traditional korean poo wine OP

what?

Sounds similar to mulled wine

>Ttongsul

Meme made by Japs. Doesn't exist irl.

this is mote con huesillo, it's caramel juice with oat grains and one dehydrated peach

This is šnops. It will knock your socks off and make you gag.

You know the Australian YouTuber TheHill88 don’t you? I saw this drink in her video. She demonstrated how to drink it. She exposed her belly in the video and I found it kind of lewd. So I remember about the video.

Herb brandy.

I tried this when I was in Japan, I never tasted a tea like that before but it wasn't tasty to me.
But I love how you can buy bottled unsweetened green tea and oolong tea in every convenience store in Japan.

Yes idk how tho. They don't even add sugar

It probably is similar tho ours is generally prepared non alcoholic as a rule, we would do sangria or clericot in the summer but we generally don't use spices on those.

Apart from our traditional (Tequila, mezcal) we generally prefer cremes for Christmas or our traditional form of eggnog, pictured, tho really most hard liquors are fair game and wine de rigueur foir Christmas dinner. Parties, with somewhat heavy alocholo consumption, usually run from decemner 12, that's our lady of Guadalupe's day, to the 6th of January which is the arrival of the three wise men.

I buy those bottled teas a lot.

I see. Thanks. It would be delicious.

hahaha I have no idea who that is but I am now interested

thanks, will try!

youtu.be/owTbkbWe0fo
They say it reminds of them the Korean drink I posted. Does look similar :DD

This is a traditional American drink called lean. It’s made by mixing Sprite with a codeine-based cough syrup. Sometimes a jolly rancher is added for flavor.

have never tried it. is it like drinking heroin or what

Beats me, I haven’t tried it either. I know that codeine’s an opiate though, so probably.

We have two traditional ways of serving coffee, one is café de olla, also known as Mexican coffee in the American Southwest, it's a type of cowboy coffee (brewed in a pot) that is made with cinamon and a form of hardened molasses we call piloncillo.

The other one is café con leche, or coffe and milk, we generally use a strong espresso type of coffee and serve in a tall glass which is then filled to the brim with piping hot milk, it's generally one part coffee to something like 4 parts milk.

not a coffee expert but is that different from Café au lait?

Žinčica. It's made from sheep milk whey.

need any more proof that we're one and the same nation?

seems delicious.

It would probably only be different in the proportion of milk used and that ours isn't as frothy as what you'd get from an espresso machine. You can always choose the exact proportions for yours as this is generally prepared on the spot at the table that you're sitting in.

We have three states, Chiapas, Oaxaca and Veracruz, which traditionally produce high quality coffee and you can generally get it fresh roasted most elsewhere in Mexico.

youtube.com/watch?v=oyRk-a1hmeI

Asocena

looks shit but it taste good

How do you drink this?

I drink cum

in a manly fashion

Gira (or kvass for you Slavs)
>tfw had honey flavored once, and wasn't able find it anywhere since

Last one I'm posting (we've got a ton more) is aguas frescas, which is our variation of juice based drinks. The better known flavors are horchata (different from the Spanish original, ours is made with rice) Jamaica (hibiscus infussion) and tamarind, tho sweet lime, rye and strawberry are also widely used, It's customary for us to add Chia seeds into limeade and there's dozens of different flavors based on different fruits and cereals, even nuts sometimes. Some of the more exotic worth mentioning would be prickly pear, chamoy (that's pickled apricot or mango with chili) as well as celery mixed with limeade which makes for a somewhat bittersweet drink. Cucumber and limeade is a personal favorite that makes for great cocktails.

:V

kek