"My turn"

"My turn"
*knocks on wood*

Other urls found in this thread:

stlouisfed.org/publications/regional-economist/october-2000/the-gender-wage-gap-and-wage-discrimination-illusion-or-reality
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so using that logic a literal who can co star and get paid the same wew

>2 time oscar winner is getting paid more
>better complain about gender

I would kill for a ultra mannish jawline like hers holy shit

like a fist-fight? with who? Spacey?

She's the worst part of the show why would she get paid the same as the actual draw?

Her entire character was destroyed in Season 3. She's worthless. She doesn't deserve as much pay as a super veteran like Spacey.

The show would be infinitely better if they just killed her and her bull off.

Kevin Spacey
>producer
>main actor
>biggest name on the show
>the poster boy
>he is who you think of when you think "House of Cards"

Robin Wright
>who?

>Robin Wright
>costar of the fucking show

>one of the Hollywoods most talented and well-known actors
>and that bitch who want kind of cute 5000000 years ago in Princess Bride
ITS BECAUSE IM A WOMAN ISNT IT

She really did ruin it. It's now her own personal power fantasy/fan fiction.

Is that why she destroyed the show? Suddenly Kevin Spacey's character is just a shell of its former self. Just a plot device, a pawn, to be used by Claire in House of Claire.

>what is star power

So I guess B-list male co star will get paid the same as Jennifer Lawrence now too?

Do these idiots not have contracts or something?
How do you "demand" shit from the studio that employs you? The appropriate response would be to boot her immediately and hire someone who doesn't look like a leathery skeleton

Women destroy everything they touch. Fucking animals.

What really makes me angry is that house of cards was mainly about political intrigue. Now it's the Robin Wright show. Fucking Disgusting.

This it's what I'm wondering.

What the fuck does "equal pay" even mean in this context, it's like a female anitor at a hospital demanding to be paid as much as a male neurosurgeon. Acting isn't a real job, you literally pay people to haggle your pay because there are no set wages.

I wouldn't have mind if they had just killed her

I would prefer it, it might even get me to watch again.

This cunt ruining season 3 is literally why I dropped this garbage show after 2 decent seasons

>threatens to go public about not getting equal pay if she doesn't get it
>gets a pay rise
>goes public anyway

Women were a mistake.

Did Chris Pratt complain about getting paid less than Jennifer Lawrence, did Liam who-msworth and Josh Who-cherson?

Pay is dictated about how much you draw, not how good you are, and playing the gender pay gap meme is the sign of a shitty person. Producer's need to just wise up and start killing assholes off.

Women. Give them a finger and they'll take everything.

They would have had a valid argument, but no large, liberal, male actor is going to go MRA publicly.

I thought the costar was that creepy Doug guy

Stupid cunt shouldn't be bringing gender into the pay issue, it's the fact that she's a nobody compared to kevin spacey.

He's more talented, has a better range and is more famous than her and has the bigger role; thats why he gets paid more, not because he has a fucking dick

shut your bitch mouth and show me some cheeks Robin

Even if we consider them the same as co-stars, Spacey get's more because he's an "original" producer or something like that, if she didn't get paid extra for the episodes she directed is her fault.

>Macron.jpg

>he's the main character and I'm not
>sexism is to blame for my lower wage

Underrated.

>implying anyone would watch if it wasn't for Spacey

This. It annoys me how they squandered the show's potential by giving her power over the show.

>Give me as much as the main star of this show. What do you mean I'm a nobody compared to him?! I demand equal rights!!!

I'm proud I dropped this after season 2 tbqh. I never liked Spacey too anyway.

>always interested in watching HoC some day
>suddenly see this thread

Is the series actually not worth watching?

It's worth it for seasons 1 and 2 but just drop it after that.

It turns to shit once Robin Wright starts getting influence over the show so drop it after season 2.

just watch the original this one is typical netflix trash

I've been meaning to cancel netflix for a while now but held out for House of Cards. Cancelled it anyway after watching five episodes of the new season.

Season 1 and 2 are great. Kevin Spacey is amazing in the leading role. Unfortunately, once Robin Wright starts getting influence, she takes screentime away from him and diminishes his character to a mere bland side character.

>costar

Not Star ;) nobody would say Spacey costars in HOC. Theyd say he $TARS

If they did then she'd get a lot of sympathetic ears listening to her for the producers killing her character because she was fighting injustice or some bullshit. The games no longer about making sense or having actual value, if you can leverage peoples sensibilities into getting Spacey's paycheck without actually being Spacey then there's no reason not to. Probably the biggest payday of her career.

>costar
>co

you're really dense, aren't you

She should have asked for MORE!

Anyone should ask for as much as possible. Let the corporations bleed.

The character of Francis inexplicably became much weaker between seasons 2 and 3, and the quality of the show "coincidentally" dropped severely with this.

Now Claire who has no idea how to actually run anything/never considers the implications of her actions gradually is given power by Francis because for some insane reason he wants to become the exact thing he rebuked/hates (the man who has a mcmansion in Sarasota). Of course Claire being true to form is shutting out Francis while being controlled by her two advisers.

It's like they watched the end of the UK version of House of Cards and decided "we want that, but instead of the show logically ending at this point we want to continue it for at least 4 more seasons".

Why is Spacey still in this crap anyway?

I haven't even watched it since season... 3?

But she isn't Kevin Spacey so she isn't doing the same job :/

>threaten to go public
>get what you want
>go public

kevin spacey is way more of a draw and known actor than robin fucking wright who hasn't been in jack shit since forest gump

>kill her off
>i had to FIGHT to get equal pay for my hypothetical corpse!
>*gasps from media*

you don't get paid differently based on how good or smart you are. you get paid based on a bunch of bullcrap that people think about you.

>pic
That's not how the pay disparity works. Women as a group are paid less than men because they take lower paying, less dangerous and physically or mentally demanding jobs (eg. no or few coal miners, ship mechanics, engineers, etc.) but as individuals when they take the same job they are paid on average the same.

it would be illegal to pay them less than average, so it's entirely fair.

>the same

but she should get paid MORE because she's smarter

This only exists in jobs which have salaries above 200 thousand USD per year, and most of this consideration comes from experience and connections (pay for "special skills") where the median person entered their career before gender neutral hiring was really put into effect.

Any sort of salary differences otherwise are most likely due to experience, qualifications, or seniority. My aunt who is a public school teacher has a salary which is a good amount higher than most male teachers in her district because she has a master's degree and helps with the school's website. This is anecdotal evidence like the image you used, but the average case in society works like this.

The only way you can argue for the gender pay gap's existence as a big problem is through only looking at the statistics without any interpretation or examination of the statistics.

This article is somewhat old (October 2000), but it describes the gender pay gap situation well along with this important accompanying chart:

stlouisfed.org/publications/regional-economist/october-2000/the-gender-wage-gap-and-wage-discrimination-illusion-or-reality

>bitch thinks it's sexism that's keeping her from being paid as much as kevin fucking spacey

¿'Scu'me?

I mean if she's smarter then why isn't she already being payed more though?

Oh I know the "gender pay gap" is complete bullshit, disproved four decades ago.

On what fucking planet does she deserve the same pay as Kevin Spacey? She isn't the main draw of the show, she isn't the main character and she isn't an as accomplished or popular actor

>MUHSOREGERNY

just something more to bitch about. that's all women do, professionals to amateurs to young to old. bitch more, get more attention, that will soothe their constant need to be bitter and cunty. no point, no actual feelings on the subject, just another thing they can abuse for attention.

>People actually believe this meme

What... the fuck... how? If there was such a gap would women not be rioting in the streets? Oh wait it doesn't exist.

Spacey is basically on the Mount Rushmore of Hollywood at this point. It's absurd that this no-name dyke even got the opportunity to be on this show. She/it/zir needs to check its privilege.

Once the show needs you, you're able to bitch and moan for more money

Well it does and it doesn't.
Ideologues are retards that will act like women standing next to men in the same job will make less money; which they don't.
BUT; accounting for total career earning across the entire genders it is an accurate figure due to career choice, lifestyle, and things like having children. But that would force people to think, and it's a lot easier to posture on twitter.

But wouldn't it be illegal to quit?

Literally who? Who does she think she is to make Kevin Spacey money.

I like her, but she's delusional if she thinks she should get paid as much as Kino Spacey.

Cause people turn into that show to her just as much as Kevin Spacey.... Let's be real.

I'm for this in a way. But rather than pay her more, pay him less.

I'm sick of famous people getting paid more just because their name is on a poster. It destroys film and TV budgets and I'm sick of seeing and hearing the same actors in over and over just because their name sells. If they're so great they'll get the part.

She was the worst part from the beginning.

lol no. if anything people started tuning OUT because her character started taking up more screen time. she fucking sucks and there's no way i will ever watch another episode of that show after that abortion they had the balls to call season 3.

Is this season really that bad?

> "If I [actress with no name recognition playing a supporting character] don't get paid as much as the world famous movie star who plays the main character, I will go generate a bunch of bad press for you
> btw even though you gave in to my demands, I'm still going to generate bad press for you

Lmao I bet her agent shit at this headline. These sort of threats do not go over well and she's unlikely to get cast in another prestigious TV series. Who would want the constant threat of an actress calling you sexist every time she wanted to renegotiate her contract (especially with totally unreasonable demands)?

The contracts are usually multi-year with annual increases if the show is renewed or other contingencies happen (awards, huge rating increases, etc.). Big actors, like Kevin Spacey, could probably walk if they wanted to (though it's easy money for him), but she definitely couldn't.

Kill the bitch off in the very first episode of the next season. Why do "men" take this shit?

>who?

the former wife of sean penn

dumped her to fuck natalie portman for a week

>Spacey leaves the show
>everyone stops watching

What a world we live in

>threaten to go public

But you just did you stupid cunt.

> yfw that will probably end up happening

Her career is basically dead now. She'd be nothing without this show, and she definitely burnt some bridges with Netflix and the producers for this stunt.

She circumvented her contract. She point-blanked them with "change the contract or I'll post on social media about how sexist you are."

Netflix, I'm sure, had some guys try to figure out if it would be cheaper for them to deal with her manufactured controversy or just give her the money. They opted for the latter.

is he /our guy/?

If you guys are right and she's persona non grata now why did she have so much influence over the show to turn it into the Claire power hour

Why did they make Frank Underwood not only a cuck but also gay?

how is her agreeing to a contract sexist she wasn't the main character she shouldn't get paid like one

Do you expect any of this to make sense.

It's just bullshit that's easy for dumb people to get behind.

>man makes 5 dollars
>woman makes 4
>this literally cannot happen anywhere under any circumstances with anyone in any job ever, the only explanation is sexism

It's a lack of people looking below the surface. And that's being generous when the surface is a fucking screen door. Caspere knew this.

They're doing the same job here, dummy.

So brave

This is bait but
>LeBron deserves to paid as much as a regular starter, they do the same job!
Here, have your (you)

Frank is obviously the main character, he is the one to always break the 4th wall and have long monologues.

The job doesn't decide your earning, it's what you're worth.

If you were at a law firm and brought in million dollar clients while someone else brought in lesser value clients, guess who would be getting paid more regardless of their gender?

Spacey is the main draw to watch HoC, if you take him away the viewership would dissipate.

It's more like
>I wanted equal pay so they decided to KILL OFF my character!

How are the normies reacting to this, though?
They're probably posting Robin on tumblr with flower crowns and getting 'my turn' tattoos on their wrists

She was Jenny in Forrest Gump back in 1994!

>> "If I [actress with no name recognition playing a supporting character] don't get paid as much as the world famous movie star who plays the main character, I will go generate a bunch of bad press for you
>> btw even though you gave in to my demands, I'm still going to generate bad press for you
Her career's over, what a bad move.