The Wire

>You want it to be one way, but it's the other way.
What did Marlo mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p2pXEzIQnUs
strawpoll.me/12898746
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its pretty literal.. the guard confronted Marlo to be reasonable and let him do his job, but Marlo doesn't give a shit. Its not want the guard wants, its what Marlo wants. And then Marlo had him killed because he's true chaotic evil.

sheeeit, I dunno

Omar Comin' Yo

there you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck

> avon neutral

nigga watch the show

what do you mean? I've watched it several times through, its my favorite show. What's your disagreement?

I have't seen this show. Is it worth a watch if I liked something like the sopranos?

Probably.

Why haven't you seen it? You must be aware of its critical acclaim. And I assume someone posting on a tv message board watches a lot of television. I'm disgusted you haven't made time for it yet tbqh

watch the show man. The Wire is A+ classic tier

>You're a Sobotka, Ziggy.
>I'm fucked is what I am.

I just started The Wire last week and I'm finally on the second half of the last season. Thr last two episodes of season 4 were pure kino. Is there any better writing on television?

YEEEEEEEERP

None bra, that Simon+Burns tandem can only be approached by a Chase-and-stable tier crew. These two creative houses played symphonies, Milch, Winters, Weiner were all solo gigs that left a lot in comparison. RIP golden age

Season 2 isn't even the most significant season, its less "connected" than the other seasons, and yet its still excellent. Wait til the shit really goes down.

it can be like this, but it can be like this too, ya never know!

you wanna fuck but you get fucked

Marlo carried some sort of deep seeded insecurity. All these boys who grew up in the shit got calloused and projected masculinity and power to compensate for that shit (whether they knew it or not, which most likely they didn't know or care). The writing is just that fucking good. If you notice, Marlo never once yells throughout the entire show until one of the final scenes when he, Chris, Monk and Cheese are in the holding cell and he finds out Omar's been walking around specifically calling him out by name, and he loses his shit. Never loses it over Avon, Joe, the police or any fallen soldiers, but someone talking about him on the streets by name. He's a cruel motherfucker and intimidates with just icy stares and calm. Definitely one of the best characters ever written and the exposure of his insecurities in the "MY NAME IS MY NAME" scene is brilliant.

this. good post.

At the end of the day, Marlo commands ultimate respect. Not money, not pussy. He is a cold blooded killer that will kill anyone to expand his drug empire, and sometimes he does it for fun.

You know Marlo is the ultimate gangster when he shows up to the New Day Co-Op board meeting and says Prop Joe ain't with us no more, I control the entire shipment of dope. And btw I'm raising the prices.

I'm currently watching this show. Yesterday I finished season 2. It was fantastic.

Does this show get any etter? Because damn, I'm hooked. The writing is incredible.

It stays at a fairly consistent level of excellence.

Season 5 is the weakest, but it's not a drag at all.

gold

keep it going

Just finished the show and damn I thought it was a meme to put this show up there with The Sopranos but it was really good.

fpbp. Marlo is really straightforward, it means exactly what it sounds like.

IT'S NOT FAIR BARKSDALE BROS

IF IT WASN'T FOR THAT COCKSUCKER AND THE FUCKING KNOCKOS WE WOULD'VE WON THE WAR

FUCK THAT NIGGA MARLO

>I don't

fuck ;_;

You guys see the teaser for the new David Simon/George Pelecanos show?
Should be K I N O
I
N
O
youtube.com/watch?v=p2pXEzIQnUs

How is Avon neutral?

Is season 3 or 4 better?

why choose

>Namond was the one who managed to leave the game

it's not fair

the Randy plotline really fucked me up hard

>You gon look out for me, Sergeant Carver? Really?

Everything here is perfect except avon. Just can't get behind him being neutral

Looks too slick, like new york studio fake grit. Looks like a simpler, more straightforward story with clear protags and antags. It's going to be a mini, isn't it

Damn, more David Simon KINO. Thank you god. I did like treme also even though it's not as good as the wire. Haven't finished Generation Kill yet.

>Season 5 is the weakest, but it's not a drag at all.

Agreed. Even if Season 5 is the weakest it's still better than just about anything I've seen from the last decade or so.

>namonds gonna be a cop
>mikes gonna be a stickup boy
>Randy's gonna be a G
>Duquans gonna be a junkie

I'd watch a movie that is based on their paths crossing once again, with some of the other characters too of course. But itd be hard to do it right

Actually on second though Namond would be a politician he's a lil bitch

cops can be lil btiches too

Debate me

>haven't finished Generation Kill yet
nigga, get your ass back on that show right fucking now!

How muh hair look Sup Forums?

your hair looks good girl

kek good point
I meant Namond isn't the type to use a gun or do anything else a Cop OR Robber might do.
He couldn't even get his money back from that little kid who ended up whacking Omar.
HOWEVER he was one of the most popular kids at school and his final scene depicts his winning a debate.

I've heard Season 5 is tresh, should i watch it?

that's such an awful chart, fuck off

Avon won in the end. Whose left to oppose him when he gets out of prison in a few years?

its perfect fuck off

>le open the door before I huff and puff man

I remember rewatching the show and being surprised at how straight-edge Marlo was compared to Avon or Stringer. Doesn't drink alcohol, only shown having sex with Stringer's spy and takes no pleasure from it, no other desires except to be the drug king of Baltimore.

He and Omar teeter on the brink of mythical figures. There's almost a supernatural aspect to them.

ongoing poll

strawpoll.me/12898746

poot managed to leave the game aswel

And he became a shoes salesman.

>>Duquans gonna be a junkie

I felt bad for him. Good kid who got himself stuck in a horrible situation.

one of the most natural scenes of all time.

Bodie could've gotten the Stanfield's imprisoned a season early, and his sort-of friendship with McNulty and increasing disillusionment with the street life would have turned his life around. If only Monk wasn't there.

Bodie had a lot of potential and it showed, but life is far from fair so he suffered like many before him. Felt sorry for the guy, but he went down as he lived, with honor and integrity.

>with honor and integrity.
what a spook

fuck you, /lit/.

Bodie deserved better, but he sure didn't have honor. If he did, he would have told Wallace to run the fuck away from Baltimore instead of shooting him, and he wouldn't have gone on that shootout in season 2 that led to a little kid dying while getting ready for school.

Not him, but seriously; fuck off with your shit chart.