You only have one mission today, Sup Forums

You only have one mission today, Sup Forums.

Make Cyborg great!

Let me hear your ideas.

Make him white

Make him just like the cartoon version.

He was actually a robot that was given human parts. His story is dealing with becoming less machine, and more man

Give him a white girlfriend
A Jewish trans bff
And an old white guy villian

Dismiss Cyborg.
Make Steel great.

Who cares?

Give him unique threats that fit his powerset. He's a walking cyberpunk transuhman story. They should rip off every ghost in the shell and blade runner troupe imaginable. The DC universe already half way in the future they should explore the implications of a world that has access to technology that's 50 years ahead of it's time and billionaire scientists and superheroes can become machines and the average person doesn't even know the capability exists.

And this.

>Make Cyborg great!

What, again?

You know what they say...

LETS HIT THOSE SHOWERS!

BOOOYAH

HIT THOSE SHOWERS

MAKE HIM BASKET BALL PLAYER!

>Make Cyborg great!
Build a wall around him?

One, Cyborg needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Cyborgs's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Cyborg?"

Give him the personality and appearance of the Teen Titans cartoon version.

It's the only version of Cyborg people actually like.

I said make Cyborg great, not turn him into Felicity.

After a failed alien invasion Cyborg has a nightmare while on stan by mode
It's red tornado trying to speak with him, it isnt a warning, or something about the end of the world, it's just Red Tornado lost trying to get help to go back to his body.

The rest are Cyborg adventures trying to find Red Tornado whose mind is lost on the alien equivalent of internet. Cyborg doesnt fight anyone, but just like in tron interacts with several different programs, Red Tornado is prisioner of the Ghost in the Machine, the Tech Elemental, and Cyborg has crazy adventures during 6 issues.

No "if red tornado isnt back the world will end", no "it's so hard to have no penis" shit, just have fun with the concept of technology and how could the concept of internet be.

The ghost in the machine isnt brainiac isnt bad, it's just pure curiosity that is shocked about the Elemental of Air.

Also keep Cyborg away from the league. The story ends with the titans telling cyborg it's his turn to pay for the pizzas. All the rescue lasted less than one night in the real world, while for Red Tornado and Cyborg was a long jorney,

>makeing him a walking steryo type
>SHEEEEEEEIT NIGGA BOO YEAH LOUD NOSIES !!!!!!!!:DDDD
Please not. If anything that weeb show fucked up his characterization just as bad as they did to Starfire's

Delete him.
Cyborg is an abomination, and worse, a boring one. I never liked him in the slightest. He should fuck off bad to TT or even better to nothingess. They only keep him around for diversity points anyway.

It was really weird to me with the new Cyborg run. It tried to go the transhuman route, but it was quickly swept away as a minor subplot for robot aliens. Which sounds cool, but turned out to be rather boring. It also didn't help that they couldn't find a way to give him a character... Somehow

>implying Starfire's characterization was anything besides a slut before the show

I hate the personality of the Teen Titans cartoon. but the design, yea that gets no arguments from me.

make him look like an actual cyborg instead of some guy wearing a suit of asymmetrical armor.

>It also didn't help that they couldn't find a way to give him a character... Somehow

What a surprise that plot isn't where character comes from.

I'll say this for Vic: At least he has an origin story that brings some fucking character conflict with all the stuff with his dad, unlike John Stewart who's literally just a brown mannequin who showed up out of thin air.

"Hal, Guy's hurt, you need a new back up...how about that random stranger!"
"Why him? Why does he have a lot of will?"
"Who fucking cares? He's black!"

>It's not the slut thing I'm pissed off about. It's the fact they made her mentally retarded and the most pointless character on the show

Give him the Swamp Thing treatment. Victor Stone is dead, he died in his accident. The various technologies that his father used to try and save him created an intelligence that had access to the physical memories of the brain, and believed it was Victor Stone. He's the other kind of cyborg

His father learned this shortly after "Victor" recovered, but kept it to himself because he couldn't bear to lose his son again.

First early experiment by the Rithm to try and create an Avatar maybe.

I quite like that idea.

Fund it.

>not turn him into Felicity.
get a load of this pleb

I really dislike Cyborg with hair, to me it makes him look like a robot wearing a mostly destroyed human costume.

Emergence Lesson

Didn't capeshit writers copy the show because they knew they were better characterizations

Go on.

His machine parts are actually made of mother box technology and he has different abilities and stuff?

He's a human mother box

First, most important step:
COMPLETE VISUAL REDESIGN THAT LEAVES NOTHING OF THE ORIGINAL EXCEPT MAYBE HIS RACE. HE LOOKS LIKE SHIT. ***SHIT!****

No story made for him can succeed as long as he looks like a dorky piece of fuck from the 60's. Make him a cool machine man like Genos.

Send Felicity with him

I like that. You could add some internet battles as readers want fights.

9/10

I think it's kind of weird that he's so visibly a cyborg when guys like Metallo get to walk around with prosthetic skin.

- Give him the ability to teleport. I mean, he's got a Motherbox in him and he's the Justice League's bus, why not give him some Nightcrawler skills?

-Give him a supporting cast to bounce off of personality-wise as well as help him run maintenance on himself and plan on how to fight bad guys.

-Give him the ability to change his robot parts to be adaptable to the situation like Iron Man. It can work for him if he knows what he's up against or against him if he's caught off guard. For example, what if he's wearing his Flight Mode when the villain takes the fight to the Sewers. It makes the viewer interested to see how he succeeds without adding a bullshit handicap like he's running out of power. Not to mention, if they make a cartoon out of him or the movie comes out, he has tons of toys to sell.

-Let him occasionally lead the Metal Men into battle. Turn Doc Magnus into a high school friend who went on to make the Metal Men while Vic became Cyborg. His interactions with the Metal Men could improve both characters, showing Vic the perks to being part machine while Vic shows them how to be more human. Plus, Vic leading the Metal Men into battle shows off how he was a field general on the football field back in the day.

- Make Silas Stone be an asshole but still on the side of good. Vic and his dad should never see eye to eye, but they work together for the greater good. Their relationship could be like Cisco and Season 2 Wells from the Flash. Plus, it allows for Silas to be a much more interesting character than a repentant father who is super sorry that he skipped out on Vic's life for SCIENCE! He should be thinking "Fuck Football! Science is awesome!"

Isn't Metallo suit of armor and hologram head now?

I would do something goofy, by putting him in a meta sports league, a DC Mutant League of sorts. Ridiculous sports related plots, amped up rivalries, behind the scenes action. Have it spiral out to other worlds, with the Khund Krushers, Qward Thunderers, etc.

He accidentally gets transported to a cyberpunk future and goes on wacky adventures.

Why do I see this thread when I'm out the door? I have a ton of ideas! If this thread is still up tonight I'll share them I guess.

Kill him, and replace him with a better character

Make him secretly a HIVE agent.

Throw in some more cyborg villains or supporting cast, maybe? An unwilling augmentee support group? Coffee with Metallo?

Yes user, a recurring joke in the Arrow threads is that Felicity is turning into Poochie. She even had access to a time machine in Legends of Tomorrow.

Give him the ability to teleport but it's like using a boomtube.

This

1. Give him his own story and don't put him in a fucking team
2. Get a good writer with a good story
3. Get a good artist
4. ???
5. GREATNESS

The recipe is always the same

flip his design around

his synthetic parts should make his organic parts look awkward and uncomfortable

also actually let him interact with other characters on the league, jesus christ

what does aquaman think of cyborg? or wonder woman? or even superman? its impossible to tell

hes just...there

I like the idea of Cyborg having a large awkward exposed patch of skin, across various parts of his body.

They get sliced open in battle and his dad says he'll fix more armor plating over them, but Vic turns him down because he likes feeling the wind against his skin.

Next time he's fighting a villain with a force-field generator, he rips it off them and takes it home to install it into himself.

Me likey,

Get him away from the "urr being a cyborg is hard" storylines towards "urgh being a cyborg is great and that weirds people out, including me" and "I can help other people who were like I was and make them like I am now, but some people dont want me to" storylines. Let him interact with other post/trans humans. Let him actually work through his issues rather than being a flat one note character most of the time.

Make him the leader of an all-cybrorg/ai/transhuman/posthuman league, like a tech focused Justice League Dark, solving weird, often non violent tech bullshit. Hardline the writers on Neuromancer and Ghost in the Shell. The team can do all that good sci fi shit that becomes awkward when most of the main league can only interact with it by smashing or getting batman to fix it with magic computer viruses.

like this guy says.

Team is: Cyborg, Red Tornado, Steel(cyborg version), Midnighter, Sister Superior, Robotman, Echo, Maximum. Fuck I dont know just throw whoever makes sense for the story in there, pull up old forgotten tech guys and gals who never got a chance to shine.

Do shit like this which you cant to regularly in a normal team book without having a ton of B plots for the other characters.

This threads full of great ideas.

Just make Cyborg fucking fun. He likes football? He LOVES games. Can't resist testing his will&skill against an opponent. Plays lots of Street Fighter in his downtime. He gets excited easily. His favorite food is hamburgers and he tries a new one everywhere he goes in search of the perfect burger. We should want to watch his human half triumph over the metaphorical automation of everyday life.

Cyborg, Red Tornado, Midnighter, and Sister Superior would make for a solid lineup on their own. Plenty of chemistry/interaction potential. Cyborg and Midnighter could become bros.

This would be sick. Hell, just give Vic an arc where he gets teleported off-planet and forced to compete in some Thunderdome space football or something. Cyborg is made for fun.

Toss the 'woe is me I'm not a man' shit entirely. Turn his ongoing into a kind of iron man meets fantastic four hero science adventures.
Where he does crazy hero shit but it's mostly about using his body which can absorb alien tech to push the limits of Earthling engineering by having him be a willing test subject to untold vaults of hidden alien tech the world's governments have found over the years.
So his tech is constantly changing and he's gotta use that strange alien tech to deal with the Crazy situation of the day

How about less of a generic DC rip off of Iron Man?

give him villains to fight while quietly showcasing his inner battle with Cyber-psychosis.

transhumanist gang or crime cult etc going to "I didn't ask for this" bomb/swarm/disease/ray the whole planet

Seriously

Really

For real

Get rid of that red dot on his head.

Make him bald.

My dick can't get any harder.

make him more like the engineer from the authority by witch i mean give him interesting powers that stem from his power over technology instead of just always using a laser arm.

Have him be courted to be the new machine avatar, but he keeps refusing until they choose someone else and they attack him. He then has to work with swamp thing and/or animal man to take the mantle he's not even sure he wants.

Shut it, Snyder! Go lift some weights!

What's that?

Anatomy Lesson is the story where we find out Swamp Thing is a plant elemental, not Alec Holland. Emergence can be used to describe basic computational functions and processes slowly aggregating to form a sapient artificial intelligence I think.

I really wish I was smart enough to write a story like that.

Have him be voiced by Khary Payton

>Get rid of that red dot on his head.
Or keep it, and go full techno-hindu with the aesthetic and storyline, but don't do this half-assed junk.

The smartest thing the Teen Titans cartoon did was give him a design where he's bald

Could start off with a telepath revealing to Vic that he can't read his mind, despite being able to read people such as Midnighter and Metallo, but similar to how he cannot read Red Tornado.

I would give him dreadlocks and have his face mostly intact while still having the red eye. No fucking logo on his chest and a sleek design like in Deus Ex and Metal Gear. Drop the cliche football player past. A sense of humor but without saying booyah for the whole issue. It just feels forced. He ABSOLUTELY need an artist with a unique art style in his main title, not some generic house style. Cyborg got a lot of potential and should stay on the Justice League even if DC didn't really justify his inclusion. I think the League should rotate team members while still having the originals like Justice League Unlimited. DC really fucked Martian Manhunter.

I'd have an arc in which his superhero doings result in the gradual loss of more and more of his organic self, and acknowledge his anxieties regarding losing his humanity. This would be concurrent with a flashback storyline in which he has much more flesh and is still coming to terms with his cyborgness. There'd be a cheerful engineer tech at his base who says something unwittingly disheartening like "don't worry, we can just slap some servos on that" when he gets like a finger blasted off or something.

I'd have him start off as a sort of paramilitary asset a la War Machine and gradually end up in more of a Hellboy situation as he encounters more and more outlandish shit.

Someone can shit on this if they like but I only know him from the show.

So I am interested in knowing, do you like the personality/character of the Cyborg from the Teen Titans show?

Has Red Tornado appeared in the New 52 yet? Besides the E2 Lois version

get adam warren to write a cyborg story

he was the only guy in the 21st century who managed to make iron man's armor cool

make him Deathlok

dismiss steel
make hardware great