"X-MEN: APOCALYPSE" DELETED SCENES

>Extended version of Magneto singing to his daughter Nina in Poland.

>Extended version of Magneto's family's death in which he sings to Nina once again as he craddles her corpse.

>Jubilee giving a tour through the X-Mansion to an arriving Nightcrawler.

>Professor X teaching both Cyclops and Jean to control their powers, instructing Cyclops to open his eyes and guiding Jean in telekinetically containing his optic blasts.

>Apocalypse seducing Psylocke to his side by offering her a new family and purpose to replace the ones that Humanity has taken from her in the past.

>Jean, Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Jubilee going to the mall after watching "Return of the Jedi". Nightcrawler is awed that people don't fear them and thinks that the mall is a paradise. The kids go to the food court, where Nightcrawler gets a brain freeze from his first milk-shake; to a record store, where Cyclops and Jean pick up a new album by mutant singer Dazzler; and to the arcade, where Jubilee accidentally destroys one of the machines with her powers and has to playfully evade the security guards using gymnastics.

>An emotional farewell between Cyclops and Havok.

>Longer final battle.

>Scrapped ideas including Wolverine becoming the X-Men's drill sergeant and leading them into battle against Apocalypse; and Magneto voluntarily surrendering himself to the authorities for collaborating with Apocalypse and being locked up once again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=edHmjlpWKJ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>Apocalypse seducing Psylocke to his side by offering her a new family and purpose to replace the ones that Humanity has taken from her in the past.

Munm was that bad they deleted the only other scene she speaks in? Nice

>Magneto voluntarily surrendering himself to the authorities for collaborating with Apocalypse and being locked up once again.
this should have happened

Wooden handcuffs

so they removed most of the scenes with character development

According to Singer and Kinberg, they scrapped it because they believe Magneto being arrested by Xavier is an admission that they're on opposite sides, and they like the idea of Erik being Charles' blindside and Charles never giving up on trying to rehabilitate Erik.

>being arrested by Xavier
I don't want this
I want him to turn himself in to the authorities

Criminals and murdered don't need to roam free to "rehabilitate", i'm pretty sure that's what prisons are for

I understand arresting Magneto would write them in a corner since he'd probably be executed or something, but at the same time letting him go only makes Xavier look like either a gullible idiot or an asshole that doesn't really care for humanity as much as he claims

Round 2 motherfucker.

We got the last laugh we the director cuts.

CW you are going down.

Yeah, he's kind of a fucking mass murderer?

Like, twisting bridges, ripping up infrastructure, water and oil pipes, electrical lines?

People are going to be dying for a fucking while.

All that because two people are dead.
His family, yeah, but those scales don't balance the fuck out.

Why every movie is butchered just to save 15 minutes of screentime? For what? To keep good pacing? Still has shit scores, might as well try your original vision.Tranktastic, Apocalypse, BvS would have benefited from their original visions.

I guess I now have to wait for The Jubilee cut.

>27%

those sound like good scenes. when i see the movie i'll miss their absence

There's an "acceptable" running time for movies before it throws people off. BvS exceeded it, even.

Plus, shorter movies allow more showings per day and thus more money.

I want to fuck Sophie Turner

But the very first fucking movie acknowledges that they're on opposite sides while maintaining a sense of friendship, and even having Charles visit Erik in prison and specifically saying he's still looking for hope in him.

Xavier acknowledging that they're on opposite sides and Xavier wanting to rehabilitate him and change his mind are not mutually exclusive and they're idiots for apparently forgetting that they already showed this in the very first fucking movie!

>Extended version of Magneto's family's death in which he sings to Nina once again as he craddles her corpse.
Those are the only scenes I definitely could live without.
Damn, scenes in Poland were loosing all its impact due to impacts, which were leading to laugh in the theater (I'm from Poland).
Stan Lee's cameo was rather misplaced too. Wrong moment for that.

Pass

>Jubilee giving a tour through the X-Mansion to an arriving Nightcrawler.
>Professor X teaching both Cyclops and Jean to control their powers, instructing Cyclops to open his eyes and guiding Jean in telekinetically containing his optic blasts.
>Apocalypse seducing Psylocke to his side by offering her a new family and purpose to replace the ones that Humanity has taken from her in the past.
>Jean, Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Jubilee going to the mall after watching "Return of the Jedi". Nightcrawler is awed that people don't fear them and thinks that the mall is a paradise. The kids go to the food court, where Nightcrawler gets a brain freeze from his first milk-shake; to a record store, where Cyclops and Jean pick up a new album by mutant singer Dazzler; and to the arcade, where Jubilee accidentally destroys one of the machines with her powers and has to playfully evade the security guards using gymnastics.
>An emotional farewell between Cyclops and Havok.
>Longer final battle.
>Scrapped ideas including Wolverine becoming the X-Men's drill sergeant and leading them into battle against Apocalypse; and Magneto voluntarily surrendering himself to the authorities for collaborating with Apocalypse and being locked up once again.

These should have been in the movie.

I want to fuck this living vibrator.

at least the good Quicksilver can survive the movies he's in

We live in a world where Fox has the good quicksilver and Marvel the bad one.

What happened? inb4 contrarians trying to defend that shitty quipster cameo in AoU

I was so hoping they'd kill Mystique
I was tired of her misplaced Messiah bullshit after her first scene.

because the actors in the X-Men movies have been killing it with their roles (especially the new Kurt), even though James McAvoy and Michael Assbender don't really look like Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen

Yeah I read about that, what was wrong with the accents? I don't know a good polish accent from a bad one.

I thought the Stan Lee (and wife) cameo was fine. Didn't distract me from Apocalypse's tantrum and to me his cameos are so standard that it's not even funny anymore

More like a "oh hey Stan Lee".

I want to fuck Nightcrawler

Then cuddle afterwards

so did Mystique save Nightcrawler because he's her son?

I wouldn't put it past her to have been a total slag between First Class and DoFP

I mean Fassbender is an incredible Magneto but I'm just so done with him and him walking free instead of turning himself in/sacrificing himself was stupid.

In fact he could have turned a leaf and fixed all the shit he broke since DOFP.

Quicksilver has always had a stronger association with X-Men than Avengers
being more prominent in Fox's series makes sense, while Wanda has always distanced herself from mutants and X-Men losers

>Erik are you sure you don't wanna just stay with us and help me lead them
>I can't Charles that doesn't make for a good story
>Well neither does forming a Brotherhood of Mutants and having them all die off-camera almost immediately afterward

If you enjoy him, all the more power to you.

This isn't Quicksilver though. It's a man named Peter with time-warping powers.

I mean what's left for him to even do? Start up Asteroid M?

They're not going to do Asteroid M.

They could have AT LEAST have him volunteer to fix all the collateral damage he did in the world+White House that most likely still has the Arena dropped on it and turn himself in afterwards.

They need him free so that they can make him pivotal in the next movie and repeat the same fucking story. Though I guess even if he wasn't free they'd find a way to break him out (again).

Basically, we're never getting an X-Men movie where Magneto isn't the central focus. Especially not Fassbender Magneto, because he's so good in the role that Fox is just going to keep milking him.

and Quickslav was a douche in a tracksuit that apparently wasn't bulletproof

Quicksilver is supposed to be arrogant and douchy.

>Yeah I read about that, what was wrong with the accents? I don't know a good polish accent from a bad one.
It was very american accent. It's like day and night. It's as if Red Alert Russians would be changed to speak without their RRRs and use English "r" instead.

and he's also supposed to be a mutant, not an "enhanced" that's only fast because he was experimented on

>because the actors in the X-Men movies have been killing it with their roles
Aside from Professor X, Magneto and Quicksilver everyone else is a gigantic miscast.

And? They did what they could, it was obvious they only used him as a launch point for Wanda.

Marvel wanted Scarlet Witch and they had to put Quicksilver in because it's her brother.

>Especially not Fassbender Magneto, because he's so good in the role that Fox is just going to keep milking him.
Can you blame them?Who wouldn't milk Fassbender?

>the new Kurt
What?
He's a non-character.
Hell, everyone but Professor X and Magneto are walking plot devices, not characters.

>Beast and Kurt are gigantic miscasts

>they scrapped Wolverine being a mentor to the X-Men to jerk JLaw more
This is why I gave up on this franchise.
It's full of OC's that have the name of characters from the comics, but they have nothing to do with them.
The only time they were loyal to the comics was in making Apocalypse a jobber.

What if Apocalypse being inside Xavier's head leads to Onslaught? Apocaslaught?

>Havok being a miscast
Say what?

>Beast
Depends if you are talking about Beast in the original trilogy, which was great, or the new twink faggot blue Hulk.

At least he has a proper nose now.
Because he looked awful in First Class.

Can't say anything about Havok because he hasn't done a thing since First Class, and even then, he was just not-Cyclops.

>Extended version of Magneto being forgiven for murdering like a hundred million people on-screen

No.

In First Class he looked like some autist's fursona.

That would work if not for Singer going STAKES ARE THEIR ABSOLUTE HIGHEST and having Erik kill a billion people.

>montage of Magneto's worldwide destruction
>shot of the Manhattan Bridge being torn apart
>Twin Towers in the background
>They're fine and not being affected by the magnetic shitstorm

I can't believe this story you're telling me, it's macabre

Which is funny because the stakes felt much higher in DOFP, and even in First Class.

He's honestly more Speed than he's Quicksilver.

This, Magneto has proven to just be a pain in the ass over and over.
When will they just kill him?

They don't even need to kill him, Xavier can turn him into a vegetable. He wasn't wearing his helmet.

>Wipe Magneto's memories of the Nazis and Shaw like he did to Moira so she wouldn't feel bad about loving someone who can't use his dick anymore
>Wow he's happy now and not resentful of humanity

movie being a shit add for the Bluerays containing deleted scenes
nothing new

Who you callin a slut?

They can't use the Mutant word

>Quicksilver has always had a stronger association with X-Men than Avengers

You are deeply overselling this.
From the time he quit the Brotherhood on, he was either an Avenger or sidelined until a short run on X-Factor, which was barely the X-Men anyway.

I liked that Scott and Jean first meeting isn't a love at first sight cliche and more like...
"watch where you're going"
"hey fuck you lady I'm blind"
"whatever queer"

Why'd Alex and Warren have to die anyway

If it was at first sight she'd be DEAD

Because after doing Archangel here and Angel in X3, Warren is pointless fodder

And Alex was the only remaining expendable FC member left. So if someone's gotta die and get Scott to go straight from Student to X-man it's gotta be him.

The movie needed more Havok/Cyke scenes since I wanted to see that older brother/younger brother dynamic play out.

The thing is, though, David's X-Factor was the first time he really got popular, after years of hovering around the Avengers and Inhumans.

Then he was in Age of Apocalypse (Bob Harras, the editor of X-Men, really liked Quicksilver) and that also solidified him as an X-Men presence.

He's still spent more time with the Avengers than X-teams, but he can be at least argued to be a better X-character, while Wanda had almost literally nothing to do with the X-books until House of M.

That's bullshit though. He and Wanda are much more often associated with Avengers. Idk what you're smoking.

You could see that clearly when Pietro left X-Factor because Harras took him back for Avengers (this was back when the Avengers writer was the X-Men editor because all the editors gave each other writing jobs). And when he was back in the Avengers he didn't do one interesting thing for years.

>These should have been in the movie.

I imagine most were cut for time. Movies much over two hours make cinemas uncomfortable because they can't get as many screenings in.

>Jubilee accidentally destroys one of the machines with her powers

Unless it's a complete recreation of the scene form the 90's cartoon it's garbage

> Do you know how much that machine costs?!
> Yeah, a quarter

Don't forget the my flew a fucking plane right through all this shit.

>Extended version of Magneto's family's death in which he sings to Nina once again as he cradles her corpse.
Thank God these were cut, that would be maximum overcheese. Everything else but the Wolverine scene should be in the movie, with the whole Weapon X sequence cut in it's place, it would be a much better movie, but I guess we gotta get the Huge Jackedman in there.

Yeah I figure that Wolverine being field leader was discarded because it just didn't make sense. But using Mystique was the worst decision.

Don't see why it couldn't have been Beast. He was the one that was leading them on the field anyway.

Well, they gotta squeeze the last drops of relevancy outta Jennifer Lawrence while they can, and she's drying up FAST. It should really have been Xavier giving that speech at the end, making his arc of idealistic wants the kids to be students only > sees the harsh reality of the world > concedes the X-Men must be "soldiers" complete.

I wanted to have Cyke and Havok work together, to hit Apoc harder.

Havok was in the army. And even if he and other mutants spent time in Vietnam in the tent, he still went through drill.

Should have been Storm fucking the world

>hurricane hitting New York
>hail ripping through farms
>sun shinning in Seattle

Take Quicksilver out of the equation by having him be hit by Psylocke only for him to wake up when it is time for his scene against Apocalypse. Fill the fourth horsemen slot with Chamber.

He's Kid Flash you pleb.

I wanna say rights issue between Fox/Marvel when Joss whedon announced he was gonna use the twins.

Probably ended with both companies deciding to split the twins between them.

Can never be a bro moment without it being the central tragedy of the film.... bro

The lack of even yellow trim on the paint-ball suits seems like a tragic mistake.

>Munm was that bad they deleted the only other scene she speaks in?
People keep bitching about her but she won me over in Newsroom. She's not a bad actress.

youtube.com/watch?v=edHmjlpWKJ0

Well IMO he had less personal connections with the Avengers than Wanda did.

Hi everyone

How did Magneto wife and kid die by onea rrow?

The arrow had +2 piercing

Don't forget who survived Onslaught.
Wanda "died" with the Avengers. Quicksilver stuck around, like the X-Men.

He wasnt feeding her to teach her how he used to live in a concentration camp, she had no mass to stop the arrow

More like "Like The Inhumans" or "Like the New Men"