Why did all these suck?

Why did all these suck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CXF7x1D77-Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shit premise

Aaaaaaand /thread
Nice job, everyone.

>implying the original A Nightmare on Elm Street, ANOES 3: Dream Warriors and Wes Craven's New Nightmare are bad

The original is god-tier. If you're a horror fan, I don't see how you couldn't like it.

Because you were too busy bobbing up and down on your nigger boyfriend's cock instead of paying attention to the films.

the premise is fine, the writing is bad

cause all you gotta do is lucid dream or smoke a bunch of meth to kill the vagina face villian

The second one is massively underrated and misunderstood.
It's the best in the series, hands down, yet one of the most unappreciated movies of all time.

Why do you need strangers to explain/validate your opinions?

Explain your completely incorrect opinion.

I don't hate it like some people do, but it's definitely not the best. They fucked up hard by letting Freddy leave the dream world. He just looks silly running around making scary faces at a pool party.

I've only watched the first one and it is a legitimately great movie. Even with the mother's shitty acting.
youtu.be/CXF7x1D77-Y

That poster makes me feel and smell the 80s

First one is decent but overrated. NoES 3: The Dream Warriors is by far the best one despite the worst title

Why didn't you go see all of them in theaters as they were being released.
Why are you in your early 20s?
Why were you born?

Yeah on one hand it really breaks the canon by breaking the rule that Freddy can't leave the dreamworld. That said, Freddy using the main character's subconscious homosexuality against him was far more subtle than anything else that's been in the movies before or after.

It really warbles my marbles that the only legitimately decent films Craven made were the NOES ones he was involved with and the Scream movies. Don't try to tell me Last House on the Left and The Hills Have Eyes were actually good.

Serpent and the Rainbow was okay. Shit ending though.

>Don't try to tell me Last House on the Left and The Hills Have Eyes were actually good.
Why not?
Also, The People Under The Stairs.

It's got some great nightmare sequences, it dared to be something different than the original and the later sequels which only attempted to either remake it or upstage with silly dream kills, and it offered a great analogue on how teenage insecurities can be a waking nightmare, especially ones relating to identity and sexuality.

That was sort of the point. What brought Freddy forth was not his revenge this time around, but the insecurities of a (possibly) closeted homosexual teen in the 80s. Freddy attempts to use him as a vessel, but in doing so gets all the kids nightmares and insecurities projected onto him. He's meant to be pathetic running around that pool party, he's not just invading nightmares at that point, nightmares are also invading him.

Deadly Blessing and Red Eye are good. The Last House on the Left would be an exploitation masterpiece if it didn't have those terrible sheriff comic relief scenes.

It has some interesting stuff -- like when Freddy breaks through that guy's body to enter reality.

But, the protag is too weak for me to rank it higher. Like, he lets the girl he's after fight FOR him, whereas typical protags -- even the female ones -- fight back in some manner.

>The People Under The Stairs
I loved that movie as a kid. That batshit family was fucking great.

I really really like those high hipped swimsuits

I still remember he killed the heroine of one of the early films by just tossing her in a furnace in the dream world which burned her alive in her sleep. It was so random and casual yet it gave me the weirdest boner. Now I fap a lot to strong women being mind broken or humiliated and really enjoy it.
So overall pretty good movies.

he gave you a craven for somethin alright

They're all actually pretty good.

Even part 2.

Or maybe it's the nostalgia talking because I haven't seen parts 4-7 in about eight years.

I actually really like them.