This picture makes me chuckle, How is Apocalypse even compareable to Thanos or Darkseid?

This picture makes me chuckle, How is Apocalypse even compareable to Thanos or Darkseid?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-PRJnLBva3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Big colored jobber with a weird face

Better version

Appoc is has complete molecular control of his own body. In theory, this means he can give himself any power he can conceive of, whilst being virtually immortal.

If he didn't job to everyone constantly, he's certainly at least a Thanos tier threat.

That's part of the problem with him. In theory, Apocalypse SHOULD be a top-tier, world-shattering threat. He certainly sells himself as that, but in practice he never comes close to being as big a threat as he should be.

Even within the Marvel Universe, he's a nobody. Nobody aside from the X-Men really cares about him. You don't see any of the other supergroups go "oh shit Apocalypse!" The only time he's actually been a legitimate menace was in an alternate universe that was tailor-made just to show off how much of a menace he would be if he wasn't jobbing all the time... and he STILL jobs to Magneto there.

The guy's also been around for thousands of years, unopposed. If he knew what he was doing, Earth would've been turned into the Darwinist dystopia he wants it to be ages ago.

But he doesn't, so his big plan to guide mankind's development by culling the weak has gone absolutely nowhere.

Even in the movie he's a massive jobber.

Apocalypse is the definition of wasted potential. The guy is the first or one of the first mutants with more powers than fuck all and is working with the celestials. He should be badass as fuck but he's weak shit in almost every story. What ever happened to the celestial angle anyway, did anyone ever do anything with that?

aww leave poor appocy alone!
It's not his fault he's a failure, he tries really really hard

By being a big spooky blue guy that a capeshit movie studio has access to
If Sony were still independent you could probably add that fuccboi from Slott's Secret Wars at a pinch. Regent, was it?

Hell, even in X-Men: Evolution, we have one of the best versions of Apocalypse that actually comes very close to completing a massive worldwide genocide of the human race (with some having their latent mutations activated, but most would've survive the process). He came very close to living up to his name and spends most of his screentime saying absolutely nothing, just swatting the heroes aside and going about his business because they literally don't matter to him.

And even there, he gets taken out in a really stupid way: Rogue absorbs Leech's power-cancelling powers and uses them on Apocalypse. Cue Apocalypse being completely powerless to stop Wolverine from locking him in his own power vessel and sending him hurtling through time.

So there's pretty much no reality where Apocalypse isn't a jobber.

It kinda is his fault, user.

>but most would've survive the process
er, wouldn't

Then why isn't Kang in there?

Is Apocalypse trying to drown Namor?

>What ever happened to the celestial angle anyway, did anyone ever do anything with that?
Remender did some stuff with it, but it was too little too late. In general he tried to make Apocalypse menacing but not only did it not really work, but it didn't erase his established history of being a massive failure.

Even fewer people know or give a shit about Kang than about any of those three.

Normies have never heard of him.

Not drown him, but yes, Apocalypse completely failed to realized that submerging Namor in seawater is not something you want to do if he's your enemy.

>by the end of the decade, we'll have all three of these guys on the big screen
What a time to be alive.

He's a big Blurple conqueror man. Just like Darkseid, Thanos, Mongol, and probably a few more.

Yes. It backfires spectacularly.

It's funny that for all his powers, Archangel and Wolverine were better Apocalypses

I'm skeptical on Darkseid. From what I hear, Snyder is making him into Freddy Krueger.

>Mongel is purple....

Because they actually managed to make it accurate to the comic books. There is only a single story you can tell with Apocalypse. The world went to shit and we need to go back in time to change it. And that was DoFP already

At least they made Apocalypse job to Phoenix, which makes sense.

The thing managed to do so. The thing, an actual rock, managed to defeat Namor underwater.

And no matter what you say, that is canon and will be forever canon. That namor lost to a rock underwater.

The Thing's legit, though. No shame in losing to him.

For some reason Apocalypse looks more menacing. Too bad they killed him in a single movie. On the other side of the table, Thanos spent 13 movies doing literally nothing, flying slowly in his chair towards planet Earth.

I wonder how will they defeat Thanos if he gets the full gauntlet. He has to lose eventually.

Well during 2 of those Phases, he thought that the two guys he sent to get Infinity Stones could handle it so he didn't need to leave but they fucked up. NOW he is flying slowly in his chair to Planet earth

Not as bad as AvX jobbing, like fucking Colossusnaut losing because of reasons

The thing vs Namor was from AvX.

It has some of most retarded match ups ever.

Based on confirmed powers that all three have its absolute bullshit that Apocalypse is never considered an equal or at least close to Darkseid and Thanos.
Sure he routinley fails to conquer Earth while Darkseid and Thanos have conquered entire systems, but its all bullshit writing because nobody knows how to use Apocalypse effectively outside of X Men stories.
He fought basically every powerful mutant at the same time on the moon and it was a fucking tie, and there was that alternate universe where he ruled basically everything and it took Marvels most iconic villain ever getting a huge set of plot armor to stop him.
Im not saying in a one on one fight that apocalypse would be able to defeat Thanos or Darkseid, but it would be nice if we saw him pose a real multiverse level threat because with the powers he has there is no reason he shouldnt be.
Also who fucking loves that scene in the cartoon when Apoc goes "I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you"?
Make Apocalypse Great Again

Had it wiped off my mind. Every single X-Men defeat was pure bullshit.

And dont forget DOOM, the other bald super villain.

Mongol. The most underrated of all the big conqueror men with square but somehow also round faces.

Avengers vs X Men was an avengers puff piece. Nothing more. I consider absolutely nothing about it to be canon because the magnitude of fucking bullshit plot armor that the avengers had is insane.
Seriously how does Magneto not win that fight in an instant? Plot armor.

Supposed to be a big threat that ends up getting beaten by his own retardation. Fits pretty well.

>Seriously how does Magneto not win that fight in an instant? Plot armor.

A FF movie never works because they're completely fucking unlikable assholes. Nobody sympathizes with them.

They should make a movie about Doom.

As in a Horrifying Threat with godlike powers?

Square faces and round heads

I like how that entire issue was Magneto picking a fight with Thor and spending the entire rest of the story going "OH FUCK I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE"

Best design
Apocalypse
Most powerful
DS
Most pathetic/desperate/cucked
Thanos

I imagine Magneto made a noise similar to General Zod.

Kek

The problem with suddenly making Apocalypse actually live up to his own hype is that you're inevitably going to be asked "okay, why didn't you do that the other dozen times we kicked your ass?"

The damage is done. Even if he manages to pull off a huge victory or at least give the heroes and the Earth a massive run for their money, it doesn't change the fact that he's not only spent his entire publication history being a jobber, but that he spent 2,000 years getting absolutely nothing done. If he suddenly gets good that doesn't change the fact he's spent the vast majority of his in-universe and out-of-universe history being stupid, lazy, incompetent, or some combination of those things.

Thanos is just a superpowered betafag who wants his waifu to notice him

And he's still not as laughable as Apocalypse

Can't wait for Vision to fight Thanos and see which beta waifufag wrecks who.

That's beautiful. Did he not even look at Namor's powers before he did this?

>submerging Namor

Given his only ability to increase density indefinetely, he is unkilkable. The other two are not. In fact Darkseid died more than once already.

Neither of the two compared to Darkseid, Darkseid is a literal god and the one that fucks up the Justice League alone is a fraction of his power that he sent into their universe.

I want to see one of the many reality warpers roving Marvel right now revive Terraxia and set her loose in 616 or something seeking revenge on Thanos who imagined her from nothing then cast her aside.

>Immerse Namor in Sea Water
>Namor
>Sea Water
>MFW

He is a world shattering threat. He takes over the entire world and in one universe it never really recovers.

He just doesn't have a cosmic macguffin like Thanos or Darkseid. Thanos himself jobs way more frequently.

He was the least interesting part of the movie. Another Ultron, if anything.

Can't apocalypse have any power he wants? Why can't he have a power that can detect what people powers are? Or better yet take a look at him and see how he looks like he belongs in the sea, like his pants, probably smelly fishy hair, his skin perhaps,

Normiefag here.

We know who Kang is; we just hate him.

Who is the topless lady behind his leg?

in jobbing my balls right now

His suit is.

Darkseid and Apocalypse both have grey skin.

>A FF movie never works because they're completely fucking unlikable assholes. Nobody sympathizes with them.
the biggest problem is that the FF doesnt work as superheroes. the concept is way too cheesy and has no weight. if its just about a super family like the incredibles but who are explorers for the sake of science, it could work.

All 3 look like shit

>Thicc MILFseid > Mongol's Sister > Terraxia > Apocalypse with a shapeshifted vagina

>Timetravel Conquer man from the FF movies plans scrapped when Fantastic 4% bombed
>blue man in a green tunic slumps in a corner somewhere as his movie hopes are dashed
>sobs between is sips on Mad dog
>"I WUZ KANG AN SHIT"

it is a 6/10, you are just another lame autist

>Let's Submerge the Submariner

Oh boy.

He didn't cast her aside. He literally forgot to make her capable of surviving in a vacuum, and when Nebula got the Infinity Gauntlet, she blasted Thanks AND Terraxia into space.

THIS.

That's literally the entire point of Fantastic Four, they're a family. They have adventures.

Johnny Quest is closer to what Fantastic Four should be than anything they've done so far.

Is it bad I think Thanos is the best of them? He just seems the most interesting to me, straight out of mythology.
Never cared for Apocalypse. Mr. Sinister is more interesting since he at least has charisma.

But I cannot stand Darkseid. He's just so. Fucking. Boring.
Fuck, I prefer Mongul to Darkseid. I prefer the Anti-Monitor, hell, I even prefer yet another "Guardians are evil again". Its just not interesting, his motivations are dull and the story always feels the same.

Does he even care about cosmic shit? He seems to be only interested in the development of Planet Earth and its people.

>I wonder how will they defeat Thanos if he gets the full gauntlet. He has to lose eventually.

"Oops."

He would need the greatest keikaku in history.
Such a powerful reveal that everything he ever did ever was for this one single plan.
It would be convoluted as fuck and would take writers that don't really exist in Marvel, but it is possible.
If we just believe.

Whats the deal with Thanos anyways? Didnt he get the cosmic Mcgufins a trillion times and achieved nothing/reverted everything as how it was before?

Hell, he just appeared in Earth...using fucking guns to steal the cosmic cube from Shield. GUNS. His whole plan was based on using GUNS against Shield and a group of C listers kicked his ass.

Cant get more pathetic than that. How many times did they reuse the death waifu thing anyways? Is that still his main goal?

Frankly the only mega villain I can still respect is Darkseid because his motives are pretty obscure and almost impossible to understand by humans. Apocalypse is just a living DBZ power levels thread wondering who is the stronger in the world. Thanos is just a beta cuck crying over pussy. At least Darkseid has mustache twirling evil schemes that we are too small to even try to understand them.

I still loved Oscar Isaac as tacolips and I hope Brolin delivers as Thanos even if the character is just an angry friendzoned nerd.

>if its just about a super family like the incredibles but who are explorers for the sake of science
Like Tranktastic 4?

He was the main villain on the Tranktastic failed trilogy

Yeah Thanos is pretty bad when they regularly have him revert back to wanting cosmic cubes even after having half a dozen epiphanies about how ultimate power doesn't give him what he truly wants. Now he traded his love for Death for a gayboner for Oblivion.

No love for Thanoseid?

>Superman sweat stains

>I wonder how will they defeat Thanos if he gets the full gauntlet.

They won't have to do anything other than stall him until he fucks over his own plans. Self-sabotage is one of his defining character traits.

yummmmm urp

2tricky4hisowngood

>Thanos if
When, you mean. For that matter, if it follows the comic, even just in style if not story, they'll have half a dozen false victories after he gets it, as well as before (which the comic really did not.)

Thanos actually gave up his nihilist plots after the original Infinity Gauntlet and spent the next few years basically as an Anti-hero. (most of Starlin's writing on Thanos, even those written recently, ignore any of the Thanos development that I'm writing after this)
He didn't take another turn for the villainous until Annihilation, and even then he changed sides right at the end just before being killed.
Then he came back as basically a mindless brute, killing anyone in sight, and when he calmed down they brought him to the Cancerverse to mess things up. He didn't flip out until he found out that, because he's in the Cancerverse, he's still cut off from Death. He flipped out and swore that he'd kill Star-Lord, and his entire universe in revenge. THAT story seemingly ended with Star-Lord and Nova dying to keep Thanos inside a collapsing universe.
Then he appeared in 616 without explaination wanting a Cosmic Cube, and then Infinity happened, then Time Runs Out, then Secret Wars, and now we're here.

Deadpool is still going to own his ass.

Also Genesis > Apocalypse

Evan will make the right choice.

What are you even on about?

I think he means more like a cosmic entity akin to Smallville.

Apocalypse doesn't need a Jim Starlin.

I think he let himself die because "man, fuck the Phoenix Force".

youtube.com/watch?v=-PRJnLBva3w

In the Ultimate U, Magneto kicked Thor's ass no less than twice.

>Rogue absorbs Leech's power-cancelling powers
How did Rogue's powers work on Leech when they should have been nullified by her standing near him?

I like Apocalypse more than Thanos and Darkseid (Thanos I find a rip off with ridiculous motivations)
But I find Apocalypse completely different from them, the villain who is similar to Apocalypse is the High Evolutionary.

I always put Apocalypse in the evil geneticists group with the HE, Sinister, Dark Beast, etc.

The thing is, Apocalypse is a mutant, a human with powers, he would never destroy the galaxy or the planet and etx.

Thanos and Darkseid are not and don't give a single shit about earth, or they shouldn't at least. (Thanos used to don't give a fuck until bendis and hickman happened sadly).

Too bad the 3 of them are job-machines now, Darkseid and Thanos (specially darkseid though) used to be genuinely scary, big-time bad guys, if they showed up on the book you knew shit was happening.

Kang isn't a villain or a bad guy, he's a conqueror.

Yeah, Apocalypse is just a Celestial Weeboo.

The Ultimate Comics sucked and Magneto gave up after learning mutants there were grown in a lab by humans before getting his face blown off by Scott.

Darkseid's weird helmet is retarded af

The problem with Apocalypse is quite simply that he is a mutant. Find a way to disable his powers, and hes nothing, cause the mutant gene is treated like an on/ off switch in comics. He would definitely be up on the level of thanos, except thanos lacks an on/ off switch, so large events need to happen for some difficult and complex means of defeat to occur. If fucking rogue with leech's powers or some shit couldnt depower him, he would be an exponentially larger threat

>They won't have to do anything other than stall him until he fucks over his own plans. Self-sabotage is one of his defining character traits.
The MCU Civil War writers also say they are not interested in making him completely pure evil. He is meant to be a complicated person and they intend to keep it that way.