So did people even lue this show? Was it just someting "new" for the west? The character development sucked...

So did people even lue this show? Was it just someting "new" for the west? The character development sucked, all side characters had one trait, mysteries fell apart and the ending was garbage. I think people fell in love with what the show could have been than what it was.

The ending was shit but at least it got an ending.

GF showed immense promise and started out great, and they went completely and irredemably to shit.

>let's see your cartoon then

what did he mean by this

Did he really say that?

>something new to the west

Stop posting the same thread for four different cartoons.

What did grubermeister say?

Season 2B was relatively a massive disappointment but you can't act as if the final quarter of the show is realistically a majority of what was.

If anything, you see tons of Gravity Falls threads on this board even after its ending, and about 90% of the time it's about why it sucked because it didn't deliver on its "promises". Admittedly it could have been so much more but just because it's disappointing, doesn't instantly mean it was bad. What we did end up with as an overall product was still a pretty good product, even if not exactly a good mystery show at all. I had a lot of fun with it regardless and that's not changing.

something about the grunkle family timeline being screwed up IIRC

For like five episodes during season 2 it did live up to the hype as one of the greatest cartoons ever made. Otherwise it was "just" a funny show that happened to have an ongoing plot and mystery.

Everyone's already said this but just because it wasn't as good as it could have been doesn't mean it was bad. Compared to many things it was good, but not as good as its promise as of say Season 2A. Season 1 had growing pains and Season 2B was rushed because an entire season was compressed into one half of one.

>So did people even like this show?

Yes, it had waifus and husubandos and shipping and fodder for wacky AUs.

>something new to the west

Your fucking spam aside the "east" loved it too for the same reasons, waifus and husubandos and shipping and fodder for wacky AUs.

They should have had her bewitched to not realize it was a dream.
I was hoping for something like the police chief's ideal world from Paranoia Agent. Something really off but not as crazy as Mabel world or whatever.

>western animation's standards are this low

kek

You know this show is pretty popular in Japan, right? A while ago someone posted an interview with someone in the japanese animation industry bemoaning that anime was not "more like Gravity Falls."

Grass is always greener.

Mabel is a shitty person who has been manipulating and exploiting her brother throughout the whole series. During season one we noticed that Dipper was really putting himself on the line to protect her, and back then the general expectation was that this was because we'd get Mabel sacrificing something important to her for the benefit of her brother, meaning that she'd redeem herself. What we got instead was Mabel going full solipsist, not giving two fucks about Dipper, and the show itself shitting on Dipper when he did the things Mabel was praised for.

To me at the end the whole thing reeked of feminism, and more in-universe related it signified that the only reason Mabel was so "wacky" and enjoyed herself through her whole life was because she knew and manipulated Dipper into her slave who'd always cover for her and get her out of trouble. It made me realize that Dipper is suffering from an extreme form of Stockholm syndrome and that Mabel has been abusing him since they were born.

In the end I could've forgiven the shitty ending, the lacklustre finale, the aimlessness of the show and all the problems we know of. But the sickening way in which Dipper was treated, and the way this was presented to usas something good is unforgivable.

Mabel is the true villain of the show. A manipulative little cunt of an egotist that got away with it. GF is a show in which the villain won, and won big time.

we take what we can get

take your meds Kaziklu

Every ending can't be perfect like a glorious nippon ending folded over a thousand times

Hey, Anime and manga are infamous for shit endings

This show that has an 8.9 rating on IMDB, is near universally critically acclaimed, and has been nominated for 23 awards and won 7 is complete horseshit.

Why can't we have shows that cater to ME. I could do a MUCH better job.

Cause IMDB ratings are such a good reference for quality shows right?

Congratulations!

What was shit about the ending?

I loved the whole show (including the ending), but I will agree that it was a bit rushed. I would've taken out a few filler episodes to have the finale be like 2 hours long. But regardless, nothing will come close to the godliness that is Season 2A.

>mind erased, sacrificing himself to save the world, remebers everything by the end of the episode and nothing was lost

someone give me a quick no shit summary of the ending
i stopped watching at the beginning of season 2

Mabel and Dipper get married and have mutant children

And how is that inherently bad? Because it didn't cater to you? Him being a vegetable doesn't make a better ending.

All right, fine. I'm curious. Why does the Sup Forums hivemind think the ending was shit?

Anyone who thinks so is objectively wrong, of course, but I'm still interested in hearing the reasoning.

I personally would've either had Stan either die or only partially have his memory back in the end. His sacrifice would've meant more if that happened. But that's not the ending Hirsch wanted and I can respect that.

>And how is that inherently bad? Because it didn't cater to you?
Please tell me you're baiting.

Why not just watch the importsnt eps? "Not what he seems" and the final episode

Nothing matters and nobody learns anything

It reminded me of the simpsons before the simpsons went to shit,then it went to shit when they brought stanford in and the episode became generic.Nobody died,the final arc was a total joke,Mabel stayed a shit character,Dipper never found love but at least Stan had a happy ending(he should have died and you know it).

lies

>have you ever made a game?

Is Alex the Sakurai of Sup Forums?

Did you watch the ending?

He wasn't even close to vegetable status, he basically just had amnesia.

>If it's popular you have to like it!

Don't you have some game of thrones to be watching?

Sakurai was in the right when he said that, criticizing storyline elements and criticizing technical elements aren't the same thing

I don't get it

You mean copaired to anime who always turns out stupid?

I didn't go in expecting some grand multi-episode story arc. I just wanted a cute little mystery-of-the-week comedy. And it absolutely delivered on that. Character development was decent, except for the few episodes that people acted like idiots to manufacture drama.
Not a 10/10, but a good show with many researchable episodes. I particularly liked the first half or so of season 2.

It really lessens the impact of a heroic sacrifice when all the consequences are undone within 15 minutes.
See also BvS.

Can you read it? What does it say?