What's the most interesting major American city?

What's the most interesting major American city?

For me NYC, San Francisco is probably the nicest to live in if you can afford it

>american city
>interesting
Try something that has actual history. I dunno, athens or chiyoda for example.

Detroit, judging by this picture.

There will be overlaps

Nature:
>Anchorage
>Denver
>SLC

History:
>NYC
>Boston
>DC
>New Orleans

Liberal/Hipster stuff:
>Portland
>Boston
>Austin
>Denver
>San Francisco

Excess city nonsense:
>NYC
>LA
>Las Vegas
>Miami

All places I've been to, I haven't visited that many southeastern cities (only New Orleans, Dallas, Austin, Miami, Atlanta, Raleigh) so I am not too sure.

Boston
>mfw i will never live in boston

Philadelphia is cool but it's like 1/3 niggers

So interesting means it has to be older than 500 years old? Weird definition you got there.

Memphis or Atlanta

Which coast is better to live? West or east?

>older than 500 years old

urban/suburban/rural is the more important choice

I think Las Vegas is. It's like a fake city. It's unique and feels quintessentially American.

NYC
Boston
DC
San Francisco
Maybe Chicago

For a somewhat jarring mixture of small town comfy, urban sprawl nightmare, niggerville, posh districts, and some nifty old architecture; Louisville

I like NYC, Seattle and all of Arizona

Why didn’t they stay in the Deep South?

the south was economically fucked during the reconstruction (1865-1880) after the civil war

all the whites still discriminated against black people as well, so it was hard to find houses, jobs

north was building factories, infrastructure, railroads, like crazy and economic opportunity was better there (with slightly less racism)

NYC
Seattle
San Francisco
Boston
Chicago

philadelphia is interesting and comfy if you stay out of the badlands

la was pretty cool
sf is comfy
sorry but literally who

Can you tell me about boston or philadelphia which will be better to live?

I think the most interesting city is Los Angeles. Not because of anything like history or art but because of the way the city operates. A lot of what makes LA great is stuff that is behind closed doors in the private world or is stuff that's hard to see at first glance. It won't "give" you instant enjoyment like San Francisco or New York will. For instance, if you go to Hollywood you will have a bad time being accosted by hobos and swindlers, all to see Arnold Schwarzenegger in sweat pants.Things like La Brea or Griffith Park are fine for a day but get old quick and aren't as great as in other cities. Yet if you know someone who lives there or talk locals they can take you to some underground art show or small concert that wasn't advertised anywhere then go eat the best tacos in the world at some sketchy truck in a parking lot off the beaten path. Staples Center is just loud and corporate but there are dozens of small theaters that are gorgeous on the inside doing great shows if you know where to find them. It's a cultural Mecca that is never advertised because Hollywood controls the image of the city. It's almost as if to get the "real" LA, you have to unlock it with a secret handshake. It's not the best city in the world but it is one of the most interesting because of this.

Pic related.

Boston is the most overtly racist major American city outside of the South. Otherwise they're similar.