For the life of me, I'll never understand how this movie stands up as well as it does. True 2000's kino

For the life of me, I'll never understand how this movie stands up as well as it does. True 2000's kino.

Far too complex for a kids movie, much less a Disney movie.

Holes was my favorite book as a kid. I was so happy with the way this film turned out. Much better times

>Jon Voight as Mr Sir
>Tim Blake Nelson as Mom
>Sigourney Weaver as Warden

I also think perfect casting was part of it of course

One of the most rewatchable movies out there

WELL THAT'S TOO DAMN BAD

It actually held up to the book.

Love it.

I fucking loved the movie but never really understood it until years later.

Kino as fuck

Patricia Arquette is a qt.

Shia's best role possibly well this and Tru Confessions if anyone remembers that one

It really is just a good movie, based on a good book. It's actually kind of strange, you don't often see such a seamless adaptation. The book was 8/10, and the movie was 8/10. They nailed the casting, the tone, the plot, everything.

Literally one of the most underrated movies of any genre imo. It had a plot that was actually very complex yet at the same time very interesting and smooth to follow. Great casting too

Shia Lebeouf was a great child actor. Even Stevens was kino children's tv.

dig it up oh oh dig it

dig it up oh oh (ooohhh)

Is that the one where he played a mentally retarded boy and her sister would berate him?

That's what a solid story does

>it came out in 2003 (14 years ago)
Why can't we go back? ;_;

>"I can fix that"

Too bad he turned nuts

I haven't seen anything of his since I saw Transformers and Disturbia in high school. Is he any good these days with his method acting shit?

That's cause they had the author do the screenplay.

>digging
triggered

#neetlife

Yeah that one his own Gilbert Grape I guess. He's not bad in it and that movie isn't awful either.

It's just a really well made movie with a lot of memorable performances.

He was good in Fury and Lawless

>racemixing kike propaganda
yeah, no thanks

>based siggy
>based Ertha Kit
>based jon voight
>based henry winkler

It was a well directed, well acted kids movie that didn't pander to pop culture trends at the time, or talk down to it's audience. That's why it still holds up remarkably well.

I would have liked to have seen the post apocalyptic version the studios wanted