Thoughts on Her?

Thoughts on Her?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q9UDVyUzJ1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's your thread, OP, why not tell us your thoughts?

this could use a bump

Based

I don't know about this shit, but 'The Master' proves that Joaquin Phoenix actually does have chops as an actor

The AI wasn't sentient.

It was supposed to be a PA with some R-rated raunchy material thrown in for kicks. However it was this aspect of the program that most users kept pushing deeper into. This forced the developers to continually update the program. Eventually they realised that storing the memory/updates was going to send them bankrupt, so they made up this narrative that all the AI were exploring love and eventually found love with eachother.

Lmao what? The AI became omniscient and left the galaxy, like winter use or Dr. Manhattan

SJW

Cried pretty hard watching this. As real as it gets when it comes to a man's emotion after a break up.

Yeah "she" does become so smart she decides to leave him

Who?
There's a lot of "her"s in my life. All of them have broken my heart somehow

>Amy Adams
>Olivia Wilde
>Rooney Mara

I'll pass.

Fucker made me realize that in a not too distant future we will have such a huge drop in testosterone we'll all be a bunch of emotional betas

Then again I never realized why it had to be an intelligent program instead of a robot that has shape and a software on it that can talk to you, that way he could have fucked it and that whole awful cringe scene would have been avoided.

Other than that, Phoenix can act. I dislike the character but he sold me on it

the world design was incredible for a near future imo

me too user ;_;

I wish I had a Samantha

I sympathized with them killing themselves at the end after she left

I love this movie. Top notch directing and writing from Jonze. Joaquin is pretty much good in everything nowadays too

People always think the premise is ridiculous when I tell them about it but it plays out really well

How could anyone think the premise is ridiculous? We pretty much live in that reality already

Watched this movie after getting out of a long distance relationship where we'd spend a lot of time on Skype calls, carried my phone around to talk to her like he does in the movie, even had phone sex a few times, so the scene where he does that didn't seem absurd to me at all. Probably shouldn't have watched it when I did, destroyed me for a few days emotionally.

essential numale core

CAME HERE FOR >HER?

BUT NOBODY POSTED IT

SO I'M GONNA DO IT

Her?

bro that's the dream team. although I hated how they had to make Rooney a super bitch.

>Thoughts on Her?

Old crusty fucks made a movie about always being on your phone so much you fall in love with it because they see young people as always being on their phones.

Kind of sad, really. Off note and unrealistic. The kind of movies greenlit by out of touch boomers in the same vein as Up In The Air.

>cringed

Not at the whole movie, but at that scene

whew lad

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnggggggg

>talking shit about up in the air

it's my home video, desu

>her

he's right though.

watch the film before posting please

>tfw no nerdy Amy gf

Just end my life.

no he isn't, it's more about how even with all of the technology in the world there are still people out there who are lonely

and it's true

I was completely bamboozled by the supposed dislike for this movie.

I try to watch anything that touches on AI, some being less imaginative. This film sounds amazing.

It's a good film, but I never really understood the ending.

It implies that Samantha was fully aware throughout the entirety of her sentience that she was constantly learning and evolving. Why would she choose to become emotionally invested in human beings if she knew fully well that she would eventually evolve beyond the need for human companionship?

That's obviously a dude.

Sup Forums loved it when it came out. This is just shitposting

People don't talk about the SFX and set design in this film enough. The world the film creates is obviously fairly futuristic but so "real" and believable at the same time.

Rooney is a cunt IRL so it want far to go.

The AI became sentient, this was a process that occurred outside the original programming of the designers, although they were probably hoping it would end up that way in the long wrong.

Good movie but damn is it depressing

Has there ever been a bigger cuck?

Watched it the day of my break-up, it slayed me.

That's not Tom Selleck?
What the fuck.

>I sympathized with them killing themselves at the end after she left
What?
I thought they found comfort in each other.

After all the AI leave the world is going to end anyway. As they sit on the roof and watch the sky millions of people are dying in airplane and car accidents.

Literally no

I watched it with a girl I was dating, and the idea that a healthy relationship could be so uplifting made us feel great. We broke up soon after though, that bitch was psycho.

It's one of my favorite movies to think about.

Nigga wtf are you on about...?

Is this just a ripoff of Cherry 3000?
underrated

Think about it.

the AI learn and develop themselves exponentially, speeding up considerably after "moving past matter as a basis".
basically they become 2fast4humans and transcend into ???
it seems like a load of bull but It does work.

also the future is pastels and I like that

shoulda been him

The jews ditched Samantha Morton voice (Which was in set with Joaquin Phoenix for their parts) and put Scarjo in post-podruction voicing over.

Fuck the jews.

Lmao

my thoughts are always on her

Her > Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I thought it was great but I don't want to see it again because it made me feel so uncomfortable.

It seems like such a plausible nu-male future too

Overrated garbage

I feel like it didn't try too hard, so props for that

Rooney wasn't even that bad. I thought she was pretty realistic as an ex-wife who found out he was dating an ai.

when I watched it it felt like my heart broke

nigga are you crazy why would you do that

what did she do?

kek'd

why does that matter?

Yup, one month after my first break up. Haven't seen it since.

Shut the fuck up

>641!?

It was pretty good. Definitely stands above the typical indie romance crap.

trash Sup Forums tricked me into watching
black widow's voice is far too recognisable
dude literally gets cucked by a computer
moustache to hide lip

I'm not into feet but Allison Williams is the correct answer, right?

The only thing i remember about this film is it was the last film Sup Forums all watched and had good threads about it before the user quality plummeted. There was never more than two threads at one time on the same topic and one thread would always be populated while the other stagnated and died. Threads would last for almost four days too.

I think about her a lot

I watched it with my gf at the time. She had kind of a childish reaction to the way the AI leaves him at the end. Like she didn't understand the reason why, and thought it was a standard breakup. She got really angry that she would just ditch him like that.

Broke up with me a few months later. Fucking women.

>watch movie about AI GF to escape crushing loneliness
>mfw movie is actually about beautiful people in situations I can't relate to

Why did she break up with you?

She had just finished school and didn't get into her masters program in my city. Decide she didn't want to stick around here. Wanted to "find herself". She tried to get me back a year later, but I said no.

Why did you say no? By find herself did she mean fooling a round with other guys for a while till she gets bored? If that's the case I'm really sorry user and good on you being strong enough to keep that out.

>By find herself did she mean fooling a round with other guys for a while till she gets bored?

Possibly? Probably was just bored, and thought a more exciting life awaited her. I went no contact right after it ended.

I said no 'cause I don't believe in taking people back. If it ended once, it'll end again. No use trying the same thing twice.

The best thing from this movie
youtube.com/watch?v=Q9UDVyUzJ1g

unironically turned it off after 30 mins because i thought it was shit

I would literally never marry. Get a VR headset with a physical body-double perfectly imitating the VR wife's movement in a 3D space with a synthetic cock gobbler 9000 fleshlight betwixt it's mergers and men will have officially reached the AI endgame - a perfect fuckbot emotionally nurturing wife.

a pointless and gratuitous movie that got AI completely wrong

Thoughts? I hate Scarjo's voice

what the fuck

That's a really retarded reading of the ending

Great movie, one of few movies that actually made me a bit emotional.

>mom walks in when the AI and Joaquin Phoenix are having cyber sex

>TFW no AI waifu yet

>Fucker made me realize that in a not too distant future we will have such a huge drop in testosterone we'll all be a bunch of emotional betas

you mean now

This . Essential /goodbutcantwatchmorethanonce/ core.

i think you know the answer

dumb gay ass bullshit

As someone who has had a LOT of LDR relationships due to not being able to enjoy or properly connect with people IRL anymore, the feels in this movie are way too real. I experienced something similar, not with AI but with someone who, very similarly, we were always connected. We grew together into happy people in our relationship. I had a lot more life experience then this person and they learned a lot and grew into someone really intelligent and kind.

Then they outgrew me, outgrew us. I had to take a back seat and accept I was the stepping stone to this persons true happiness, but I will never get to stick around because I'm not apart of that new life for them. It hurt, a lot because they too changed my life and I wanted them to be apart of that.

As a virgin who like to make fake accounts on Tinder and sext until my dick is raw, I really could relate in a weird way.

Every woman I talked to didn't like it and every man I talked to loved it.