Almost 2018

>Almost 2018
>Barely made any progress towards my goals this year

Another year wasted on things that don't matter instead of doing something productive.....

Well?

In 100 years nobody will remember your name anyway, so don't feel too bad.

Why would that make me feel better? That sounds like more of a reason to work harder.

>bioprosthetics/bioinformatics expand in everyday devices
>traces recorded
>interested family members look up recordings/wake you up with preserved DNA samples in centuries time
"Wow I can't believe I descended from such a fucking loser, and look what he posted on social media, fucking hell"

same shit

What do you mean?

This year i regressed actually, worst year of my life.

except it doesn't

That sucks, I've progressed a fair bit but not as much as I planned.

But it does. if life is so temporary that means I should make the most of it.

If we lived for 500 years or reincarnation was real then sure it'd be okay to say "I'll spend this lifetime as a loser, in my next one I'll do something else / No one will remember my first 60 years of my 500 year lifespan anyway." But if we are all going to die and soon then there's some things I want to accomplish first.

Most of us who came to Sup Forums early and crossed over the hill should really get it together soon. I am a bit older and wasting next year would be absolutely disastrous

if you really believed it you wouldn't be arguing with me about the merits of being remembered

I didn't argue about being remembered(don't particularly care for it, besides having children). I was just arguing against the "Le life is temporary so just waste your life" meme

I'm not saying you should waste your life, I'm saying it doesn't matter if you do.

i don't think anyone mentioned waste except for you

But it matters to me

He said no one will remember you later so nothing matters. How is that a good justification?

And what exactly stops you from making a real progress in life? Ask yourself right questions and stop shitposting.

Why didn't you just invest in ethereum in february and retire?

somethings do matter and that's how you feel now

it is always easy to pretend to look back unto now from some distant future but that's not real, it's meaningless and makes no sense

Next year I will try harder

I suppose I simply lack the willpower because nothing else stops me

The same reason I didn't invest in Tesla, or Netflix or Amazon or Microsoft or Google.

It's a lot easier investing in the future, I can check historical price but not future price for some weird reason.

brip brap poop toot bwap parp prap brit pip pop bip bap brt tot
if you had browsed /biz/ for a year before hand and saw the backers you would've put at least $10k in it just to see what would happen

At least try to find a way to gain willpower. Or avoid distractions and focus on what is important.
Come on, it's obvious.

Do you have any more specific advice on how I can find the inner strength? Is there any good books or something you can recommend?

SAVE YOUR FATHER

You know that it's useless to give any specific recommendations since we don't know much about your life and your personality. And you also know that "suggestions" do little in situations like that - you should change the approach in general. It's your mindset that makes the difference, not small recommendations.

The very basic and the very obvious thing you should start with is asking yourself right questions. It's called critical thinking and it's extremely powerful if used correctly. Basically, question everything.

And never read "self-help" crap - it's pointless. Do something useful instead.
Wish you all the best.

Hate this scamartist

Please tell me more. What questions are most important? And I didn't mean selfhelp books which I know are scams but rather books or poems that might make me think from a new perspective.