Do you ever wanted to see Billy batson go to magic school?

Weird idea while watching Harry potter.

I always wonder if DC ever created a magic school for magical heroes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fiWwF9JYSt0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They were going to do a magic school book called Mystik U in DCYou but it never came (probably because other books failed and it didn't make sense to launch it then).

I don't know if I'd put Billy there though. Whenever he's grouped with young people it doesn't seem right since they're usually all legacy characters. Feels too much like a demotion I guess?

he doesn't use magic though does he? outside the SHAZAM transformation

I'd like a magic school in the DC universe, but not Billy being in one.

I had an idea like this once. Zatanna could be a mentor/instructor.

But then Billy doesn't even use magic like any other magic user would.

A magic school otherwise would be cool though.

Maybe we could set in in Gotham, and have the series follow a bunch of children interacting with normal DCU characters.

Sometime, I think he should learn more spells.

have you ever even read any of his comics? like... Ever? He has a lot more to his character's magical abilities than just the transformation.

Isn't that basically Gotham Academy?

What would Constantine teach?

what about the books of magic? there's a magic school in there somewhere, and the whole things basically about the next Merlin learning g how to magic.

better idea: let's bring back Amethyst and send her to a magical girl school

Cynicism 101
Sarcasm 201
Alcoholism 301

Constantine would be like one of those teachers that like to talk shit to you.

only if it turns into a harem

no but I'd read about her in a magical UN or something

Could work but I'm scared they would fuck up everything we know about dc magic that shit has costs

He would be the guy standing outside telling people not to enrole

Constantine would be the creepy ex-con who hangs around the playground selling kids cannabis at breaktime.

Wait is that amethyst when did she get in an animation

that's Starfire but Amethyst got a series of digital shorts a couple of years ago

that's Starfire in JL vs TT movie

Amethyst got a few shorts

youtube.com/watch?v=fiWwF9JYSt0

and would of got a series at CN but SU was pushed and picked up instead and they already had a Amethyst

Defense Against the Dark Arts, but like Mad Eye Moody, demonstrating all the fucked up shit first hand to the kids.

Like what?

Who would be in it though? Tim Hunter, Billy, maybe Mary and Freddie along with him, but who else?

Guidance counselor.
>Don't be like me. Class dismissed.

Raven?
Probably robin.

>I always wonder if DC ever created a magic school for magical heroes.
Mystic U was almost a title but poor DCYou sales probably caused them to drop it.

Traci 13

Make it so

Oh neat

I just remembered Zatanna's cousin

We're getting a good cast together here

Constantines niece he kept telling her not to get into magic but she dident listen

Dc you was just an attempt at a wider variety of tone right

This is great justice league dark needed to be the best with a school you can showcase the bit players

yeah but they put all their talent on fringe books that didn't sell because comic readers are plebs who don't buy good books

The White School is already a thing in DC. Tim Hunter spent like 6 years there.
He also fucked several sexy bitches from her universe.

If it reconnected what Milligan did to her, I'm all for it.

It could be cool, but I just want DC to take him more seriously. What's the last time Captain Marvel/Shazam did anything important? Even though I hated it, JL: War was the only time I can remember in the last couple of years where he did something kinda cool. Injustice Y4 doesn't count.

I liked the bit where he went to scatter that guys ashes

>seriously
>important
People like you ruin characters by liking them.

well now i'm fucking curious what the fuck does billy do besides transform?

I don't want him to beat the shit out of Darkseid by himself. I just want him participating, doing some shit. He's a powerhouse, not Superman-level (Im not sure if even WW-level), but still, should have his moments.

He can summon lightening and table tennis tables

Books of Magic was a fucking classic
should be revived

He can use spells, but he doesn't know how.

It would just be ruined if it was revived. Sometimes dead is better.

I don't remember a school at all was there more then the 4 issues I remember

>a magic school for magical heroes.
Books of Magic by Neil Gaiman is already a thing.
And had a bespectacled British boy with dark hair and an owl about ten years before JK Rowling.

Shouldn't the wisdom of Solomon let him know?

jamie reyes and khalid?

I'm still mad they wouldent let Arthur have a pool
Like at all the shit everybody got in this watchtower

I mean I get it was just a little gag but still

He's the substitute for a teacher that doesn't return for the entire run of the book.
And he never gets the perks of being a proper teacher like a parking space or tenure.

Yeah, lots. The White School happened between Names of Magic and Hunter - Age of Magic.

I forgot the main fuckers name, but he got an ongoing and cameo'd in a bunch of random series for a second
it was really good

Yes. But somehow it doesn't.

The only explanation I found is that he needs to "ask" the Wisdom of Solomon, like, he needs to actively want to use it. But since in new52 he never knew he had the power of gods (he thought it was just some magic) he couldn't use it.

No, he's the teacher that does the counselor's job of looking after the students. By giving the kids about to have a conniption a joint.

Nah, I don't really like the idea of a school setting for Billy. But I would kill to see Zatana or Dr. Fate as a supporting cast in a Shazam book to help Billy learn more about his magic powers and how to control them.

Maybe once Dr. Fate eventually gets canned.

DC Earth actually has a VERY Harry Potter-like magic society living right under the noses of normal Earth and no one knows about it. Not even all the heroes.

Why are they not publishing more books about it?

>mfw the perfect Constantine in a Harry Potter universe fic exists
>he does teach Defense Against the Dark Arts
>mfw it will never be finished

>Respect the research!

He would never, ever be a teacher.
This.

>Reminding me of that beautiful dead fic

Man.

So finish it. Write a fic fic.

Sorcerer's World? I wouldn't say it's like a proper school setting. More like connected apprenticeships.

I haven't read any of this thread after op because I immediately started working on the idea. Have one major question about the DC magic community: how well known was Shazam's pre-flashpoint identity to people like Constantine, Zotarra etc.?

>Alan Scott ran his own magic city on the moon
>Atlantis has a magic college
>New York has an underground magic town
>Gotham has a magic ghetto

We never get a series about any of these

I sure as fuck can't blame the dude for not finishing, but it was- it was just so fucking tonally p e r f e c t.
I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered it, but I'm no writer, and it's been a while since I was hip-deep in Hellblazer. It'd take me some time to get fluent again.

I assume the Wizard took some steps to conceal it.
Have you read Neverwhere?

>Captain Marvel
>not Superman-level
>not even WW-level

Yea ever since Flashpoint when Black Adam got his shit kicked in by Ultraman and was shows to not even be a match. Then Captain Marvel got his pantheon switched with a new one that does not make him a Superman clone any longer. Now he is some kind of elemental powered New God thing that had to relearn how to fly.

New52 CM doesn't have much feats.

I think he lost the New God powers

They were too strong tbqh, fucking reality warping

Someone like Klarion clearly belongs in a school. Billy is magical in the way that Diana is magical but he's not really a magic user.

Klarion is a cute. Madame X should be a hot teacher

There's a number of people they could put in school. It depends on what ages people are. I mean would Billy go to classes as 10-11ish or so year old Billy or as Captain Marvel? Would Billy have any powers without turning into Marvel and could he (I guess if you go with anyone can have magic, he could).

Hunter is already shown to be about that age. Not sure if Traci 13 has been in the New 52 but she's a bit older. Zatanna's cousin hasn't been in the New 52 but with rebirth they could bring him back - although I would prefer they interrelated Zantanna (and the other JLD characters more with the rest of the universe). Lady Amethyst is about young adult or so in age.

He was in a school not long ago.
There was a thick as fuck girl with Rapunzel hair and the art was by the Gates of Gotham guy.

Hogwarts style, 11-18

Ok reading the thread so far I retract this statement I want it

honestly they overdid the costs stuff a little while ago so hyjinks could balence that out

After all that shit with the devil wouldent he be encouraging kids to stay away from that shit.

I forget is cannabis bad for your lungs like nicotine is

It's not the nicotine, it's the smoke inhalation. So yes, it is. Stick to brownies.

I want this so much

Teenagers is fine, it would probably be a popular comic. Gotham Academy already exists - as its own supernatural type book, so I see no reason to put a new book in Gotham. Justice League Dark sometimes took place in limbo so having the school be in some in-between place that doesn't really exist in the DC Earth would be appealing, it would make for great art.

However if you make it just for kids, where do any 18+ or older adults go to learn or hone/help their magic skills?

>BillyxZatanna /ss/

The Gotham Academy kids don't really interact with the normal DCU characters. Bruce Wayne sort of guests in one issue, and Damian was enrolled for a few issues (probably for the sales boost) and almost immediately tossed out of the school and Tim (as Red Robin) guested in one or two of those same Damian issues. That I can remember, no one else DCU wise has guested, certainly no one with magic, and the only other characters have been Batman villains (e.g. Clayface, Manbat, etc.).

Its essentially a Bat book.

And no, I wouldn't want a magic school set in Gotham.

looks He-Man tier

Has Billy ever met Zatanna outside of when they're too busy to talk?
Because we all know he crushes on Diana, so Zatanna would probably be a wet dream.

Have a second school of higher learning I guess

Honestly I think it would be better to just throw out the kids idea although I'm not sure how well that would sell

They had a magic school
Klarion the witch boy n52

I shall have to check that out

I never read that either.... but apparently it didn't sell very well.

Amethyst DC Nation was so good.

Misty Kilgore

Make nightmare nurse the school doctor

>BillyxZatanna /ss/

Never knew I needed this until now.

I don't really 'do' shipping, but wouldn't Billy Batson/Captain Marvel x Amy Winston/Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld be a good ship? Have the two ever met?

That magical school setting sounds great though. You could have:

>Bill Batson
>Amy Winston
>Courtney Whitmore
>Johnny Thunder
>Tim Hunter
>Traci13

As students, with:

>Doctor Fate
>Zatanna Zatara
>Zachary Zatara
>John Constantine
>Phantom Stranger
>Doctor Occult
>Jason Blood

As teachers, advisers, counselors, or headmasters. Shit would sell itself though it'd be a little ridiculous if it were just set up as a straight up boarding school, Harry Potter-style. It'd have to be done a little differently.

Awww shit, my nigga. Now we're talking.

Misty Kilgore is bae.

>Nightmare Nurse
>The shitty OC that ruined the already-crap JLD

I'd be happy to never see her in a book again for as long as I live.

I wasent aware she was new but she was nu52 Starfire done right.

They did in veritgo in the books of magic series if they do again, you should basically have him back with something other than his look. he was harry potter before him. That look is apparently the British magician standard. Personally rather than schools appearance master type deals make more sense to me.

link?