The movie only makes sense if you force it to

The movie only makes sense if you force it to.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KqnSliRcQ28
youtube.com/watch?v=5T2qELzGWqg
youtube.com/watch?v=KNP_MZz_iy8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why am i angry?

youtube.com/watch?v=KqnSliRcQ28

Kek. True dat.

They're actually doing it.

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Edition is happening and coming to a cinema near you in the very imminent future.

IT DIDN'T MAKE SENSE! H-hour after hour, and NO PUNS! I don't understand, why is there a superhero movie without puns?!

I don't know why the fun argument gets thrown around, BvS was full of jokes

Yeah, the whole movie was one.

stop that

DELETE THIS

Exactly, that's why they thought it would be a hit with audiences familiar with recent superhero movies

you boys ready for the extended peach tea cut?

>It's a Sup Forums episode on Sup Forums

>only added scenes will be Lex pissing in a jar and more dreams
>it will be remembered as the only cape movie worse than BvS

Even if it somehow manages to make the movie worse, diehard DCfags will still jump through hoops to defend it.

>That part where Batman tortures Superman by cutting him across the face with the kryptonite spear.

Jesus christ, what the fuck is wrong with Zack?

/thread

You mean by watching it? Yeah that seems to work.

>two hours of Eisenberg standing at a urinal humming as the sound of a jar filling echos

ok that was pretty good

>he comes out of the bathroom and an elderly lady hands him a jar
>Thanks, grandma! Your peach tea is the best! That'll show the mean ol' senator.
>some other guy comes out with a jar filled with urine
>Whoa. What's wrong with THAT guy?

>implying the peach tea wasn't a failed attempt at humor

What is civil war?

I keked

A mediocre to amazing movie depending on how much you enjoyed it.

the MCUcks on Sup Forums are some of the dumbest people on Sup Forums, no doubt.

Reminder that the jar of piss was such a shitty, terrible idea that even Sup Forums didn't think it was funny. I expected the jar of piss to be ALL OVER Sup Forums, but every time I ask about it over there they say it was "too obvious." That's right, Zack Snyder did something so stupid and so lowbrow that even Sup Forums didn't laugh at it.

DOHOHO

Nigga people need to write fucking essays as to why BvS was good. The MCU isnt perfect but lets not pretend the DCEU is off to a great start

>I don't want to watch films that make me think. I want quips.

Wow that isnt the 100th time Ive heard that one. Sup Forums is that way you contrarian hivemind

Maybe if people didn't have to explain the entire movie in text form everytime someone points out an "inconsistency" then it wouldn't be a problem. How many times do people have to explain the Martha scene or "why isn't Superman smiling 24/7" or "why does Batman kill people?" How about watching the movie instead and figuring it out for yourself? All the answers are right in front of you.

That is one nitpicky list. Half of them were basically "why does movie stuff happen in movies?"

>contrarian
>hivemind

user BvS isnt hard to understand at all, its still a fucking mess regardless.

The answer is "poor writing"

Sup Forums is still the worse board

Nah, it's 10/10. The Director's Cut will amazingly be even better.

Coherent.

Its boring and sad, kinda like going to temple when id rather do anything else.

Sup Forums is honestly substantially worse.

People disagree on Sup Forums about pretty much everything, while Sup Forums descends into groupthink on nearly every topic.

I thought all Sup Forums did was shout kino and jerk off to bane posts?

>there will be people who memefend this shit

Sup Forums is pretty reddit, to be honest. I can't stay on the board too long.

Dc fan here, lifelong superman fan too.

Mos/bvs were so bad I stopped reading comics in general and am now turning into a normy. Snyder broke my heart with his trainwreck movies.

The thing about Sup Forums though is the comics give people the inspiration to break against groupthink. Sometimes it just starts with one person telling the truth, and then others join in. If you don't let the liars win, then they won't.

Maybe you just have shit taste and Snyder isn't actually the problem.

You're trying too hard user

>The Hobbit movie was so bad I stopped reading books

>Snyder isn't actually the problem

I've been on Sup Forums since 2007. While it's not as good as it was around 2008-2010, it's better than it was from 2012-2014. The bogeymanning of Reddit and Tumblr has died down, and we're once again mostly able to hold civil discussions. I guess if all you know of Sup Forums is the flinging of shit, you might call that "Reddit."

WEAKEST COMEBACK EVER

Are you saying superman comics are bad?

>Snyder makes good superhero movies
>critics hate it
The critics are the real problem. Ben Affleck needs to find the worst offenders and brand them.

Aye he be fishing for (you)s

For (you).

>comics
>posts image of test footage from an unmade movie helmed by the artist who killed cinematic Batman.

It wasn't that complicated of a movie.
I don't get how so many people have trouble with it.

I don't get why anons jump down BvS's throat about Supes not just telling Bats right off the bat that his mom's been kidnapped yet I have never seen anyone call out the fact that Cap and IM should have instantly been able to talk out their problems at the airport.

All Cap had to do was say that Bucky was brainwashed and IM, who's dealt with both a brainwashed Hawkeye and Hulk in the last 2 Avengers movies, should have immediately understood the problem and aided Cap in getting to his destination before his deadline was even compromised.

You can't text while watching it or you'll miss important plot points, unlike most movies.

Brutal

>All the DUR DUR DAS NO PLOT HOLE bullshit in the comments

Marvel fanboys need to die

Even if he could convince Tony, Panther and Thunderbolt Ross still wanted him dead.

no one is saying it's too complicated

they're saying it's pretending to be complicated while actually being pretty fucking dumb

Savage af

Not on this thread, but definitely in many others.

Panther wouldn't have been able to do shit if Tony's team sided with Cap and Tony still had a while before he needed to bring them in. It would have been enough time to stop Zemo and clear Bucky's name.

Also with all of the Avengers at the compound together, they would have prevented IM and Cap from nearly killing each other. Zemo's whole plan really hinged on both IM and Cap being at the compound even though there was no guarantee of that AND they'd need to come alone so the others wouldn't stop them from fighting.

He's kind of retarded. And he thinks he's Chris Nolan or David Fincher when he's really Michael Bay.
youtube.com/watch?v=5T2qELzGWqg

I assume Zemo's plan was to release the tape more widely if Iron Man wasn't there

Yeah, I already know, no matter what the cut does - whether it makes the movie better or worse - it's automatically going to be brought up every time someone shits on BvS with ">he didn't watch the Ultimate Cut"

doesn't that already happen with Watchmen

That's true I guess. Still, nothing like having the guy in the room when you realize he's the one that killed your parents.

Tony would have to then actively seek out Bucky and that gives time for Tony to potentially cool down and rationalize Bucky was brainwashed at the time. As opposed to having Bucky in arms length and nothing but unbridled rage on your mind.

>Zemo's whole plan really hinged on both IM and Cap being at the compound

Zemo's plan was to get the tape. That's it. He even comments on how it worked out so well that they were all their to witness it. It may be a contrivance, but it's still shown, in-universe and in-character not to have been such an elaborately timed plan

Also from the moment Bucky was arrested, he was going to be sent to Wakandan prison. This is why Cap refused to sign the accords when given the chance again.

>Also from the moment Bucky was arrested, he was going to be sent to Wakandan prison. This is why Cap refused to sign the accords when given the chance again.

That's not why he didn't sign. Tony told him if he signed it Bucky would go to a mental hospital in America, not Wakanda; it's the whole reason he was contemplating signing the document to begin with. Steve refused to sign after he heard about Wanda and realized the accords would lead to nothing good down the road.

>It may be a contrivance

And honestly, it being a contrivance doesn't matter that much. It's a fictional story, at some point every genre narrative comes down to contrivance. Stories don't work on the same rules as real life.

The issue with BvS Lex isn't that his plan is riddled with contrivance, it's that it's an elaborately sculpted multi-year plan consisting of multiple moving parts that make zero sense and add nothing to the narrative. Lex mailing mean letters to Bruce don't add anything, and in fact that plot would have had more impact if it WAS Scoot MacNairy who was sending them instead. The entire Doomsday plot is superfluous and adds nothing beyond a third act action scene. It's layer upon layer of pointlessness.

>BvS has contrivances
>bad
>CW had contrivances
>I'll let it slide

I loved both for different reasons but do you even hear yourself talk?

>I can't read

He was making the Avengers tear their team apart, they didn't necessarily have to kill each other, thus why he stated at the end rougly, did his plan really fail?

Let's plan was fine. You just need to watch the movie again. Keep watching it until you understand it. Take a notebook if you have to.

there are plot holes. these aren't them.

No I can read just fine. It's clear you have a preference when you handwave the shortcomings of one movie and then go into a completely unsolicited commentary on another movie.

That and oddities like Bats giving up his years of planning because he heard his mommy's name, and who the hell even says their mother's name in a situation like that rather than saying 'my mom/mother' or some such.
And what was Lex's plan if Bats killed Supes and he already made Doomsday? Now he has an uncontrollable nuke monster running around without a potential superpowered ally to stop it?
Why was he even trying to kill Bats and Supes to begin with?

I mean he did think he could control Doomsday

to be fair

>you don't get it, 2deep4you

No respected critic has ever used this track to defend a movie and been taken seriously, it's never going to work.

I literally just said that I don't care about the plot contrivances, I said that it was pointlessly complicated and in fact took away emotional impact that movie could have had to serve its twists.

That's an entirely different argument then "plot holes!" and you know it.

>And what was Lex's plan if Bats killed Supes and he already made Doomsday?

Build Kryptonite weaponry and make mad profits.

>these aren't them.
These aren't they.

Writing was meh-tier. I want to watch the directors cut before i consider it awful or not. Cinematography was beautiful, BvS is certainly the prettiest looking superhero there is.

It's not becaue it's too deep, it's because the plot was "too confusing" for below-average IQ viewers. Read some books and train your brain, then try again. Keep getting smart, eventually you'll understand Lex's plan!

Nothing you said in your little mini-rant was a plothole in BvS. It was contrived, but none of it was a plothole.

it's a muddy murky washed-out mess with a few nice-looking storyboard frames turned into shots

I'm pretty hyped about the Ultimate Edition cut, tbqh. It's going to elevate what was already a good movie to entirely new spheres.

well done

>they only way you could dislike this movie is if you didn't understand it

Sure thing, buddy.

>spheres
more like an orb

youtube.com/watch?v=KNP_MZz_iy8

Yeah, basically. Or if you don't like superheroes.

this is a new one

dayuuuuum