This was better than Logan

This was better than Logan

Watched Logan again for the second time, it's really overrated. It didn't have even half the 'heart' everyone claimed it had. Logan spent ALL his time bickering with Charles, and their only 'awww' moment was with the fake wolverine, just before murdering X. Then the trailers led me to believe Logan's relationship with Laura would be so touching, but he didn't give a shit about her until the very end when the plot demanded it.

The Wolverine may have lacked the good supporting cast Logan had, but it at least made up for it with better action. Dat maglev train fight. Also, Logan losing his healing factor amped up the tension. When he didn't have it in Logan, it just pissed me off that this was THE VERY LAST TIME I'D SEE WOLVERINE, and he's weak as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xxWxwmRGlcQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah but Logan had Dafne, so you're wrong.

I disagree. I was definitely happier leaving the theatre though ;_;

The Wolverine felt like some lost 80's Frank Miller comic.

Logan felt like a poor man's Children of Men.

>
>The Wolverine felt like some lost 80's Frank Miller comic.

Isn't that what it was inspired by?

Just why did they have to make the 'westchester incident' Xavier? Would have made the film hit a million times harder if it was Logan's fault. We can't really blame charles, because he is old and sick. Logan well, would always be a loose cannon and a danger to his loved ones no matter what. There'd be no place for him in the world, the guilt would be overwhelming, we'd get why he's suicidal, and his redemption would be so powerful.

Too bad they screwed up Silver Samurai by taking his powers and giving him a mech suit. The climax was the worst part of the movie. Capekino status compromised.

>He actually likes JEAN!!!- The Movie 2 Electric Boogaloo

Wolverine in Japan should have been amazing but it wasn't. It was obviously cobbled together from the get go. Logan gets 4 stars just for not mentioning JEAN!!!
>Dubbed Viper dialogue
>Even having Viper at all

should I watch the extended version?

Never seen it.

Logan didn't feel like an x-men film, he didn't even look like wolverine!

>inb4 he looked like old man logan!

He didn't. He looked like the dos equis guy, the world's most interesting man. Only logan wasn't interesting, he was just grumpy the whole time.

I hate this movie for being based on a good comic, directly adapting some little moments and scenes, and being more bland/forgettable in every god damn way in comparison. The plot is also completely different but, you guessed it, more bland and forgettable. If you change a story thats fine, but it should be a good change and not a piece of shit. Bland and forgettable is a running theme with this movie, it doesn't even have any new emotional arc for Wolverine he hasnt had in the past, what is it five, movies he was in. Does it at least have brutal wolverine berserk rage to make up for the lack of any interesting characters or story? No, PG-13 shit. And in the only movie where an actual silver fucking samurai would make sense they made him a mech suit, like what the fuck? Not only is that ten times more retarded, but its also a pointless change.

All Wolverine movies are shit, except maybe Logan which I havent seen. But I heard its an emotional retread of this one, which in itself wasn't original.

>Hey you know Madam Hydra?
>lets remove everything recognizable because legal rights and just have some green lizardy woman named Viper lol

>x-men for weebs

um sorry sweetie, but i'm afraid that's incorrect

>Wolverine fights a big CGI robot

>he hasnt seen it
youtube.com/watch?v=xxWxwmRGlcQ

>Wolverine gets his claws cut off by robot then has them again one movie later in DofP
>tease same movie in post credits scene
Retarded logic

>Logan didn't feel like an x-men film
maybe because that was the intention

It jumped the shark with Wolverine slinging himself around the tops of bullet trains by his claws for me.

I think having it being Xavier's fault builds upon Logan finally having regrown (slight pun intended) a new heart and finally loving and trusting people again. He stopped being so distant and avoidant of relationships, and Charles became his most important and beloved friend.The invulnerable Logan became vulnerable to emotional pain, and was more human because of it. Unconditional love - a man capable of becoming a true father. I think it makes the ending that much more tragic.

Dafne Keen is lovely and I hope she has a great career in the future

Yeah. I just watched it tonight. I was really impressed. Good on her and the director.

>Dat maglev train fight.
That was fucking garbage. Any fight from Logan destroyed it.

Are you the real dafnebot or a discount version?

Wasn't there a line in DOFP where Magneto says he gave him his claws back?

I dont know, thats a well constructed continuity regardless.

So did this movie still happen in the Logan continuity? You see a samurai sword in his room at the beginning but the whole point of DOFP was that the timeline was going to be different.

I dont get why this movie got so much shit.

It had a fun and playful vibe with good chemistry between the jap GF and Logan.

The fights seemed well choreographed and had an old school kung fu movie vibe to them.

The only major sore spot is the main japanese villain who just turned out to be comically simple.

You know OP... I actually agree with you. I thought Logan was a great film on first viewing but on second it really could have been improved.

Also, why are people saying Patrick Stewart deserves an Oscar for his performance? He delivered a way better performance in X Men 1 than he did in Logan. And yeah, the only true emotional scene was when Charles is talking to fake Logan before he is killed.

The Wolverine will be remembered as the masterpiece. Logan the "it could have been a masterpiece if it was better" type of film.

I fucking hate myself for turning down seeing The Wolverine in cinemas.

>I dont get why this movie got so much shit.
It carried over elements from The Last Stand and you know how everyone hated that cos it was too depressing

I personally think the third act of Logan was kind of lame, but even then it was way better than anything that happened in Wolverine. I've never seen more forgettable cape shit.

The timeline IS different, but it's probably safe to assume The Wolverine still happened

>The Wolverine still happened
No shit cos Logan has the Samurai sword in Logan.

The timeline is just different and basically standalone-ish

I loved every movie in the entire trilogy to be honest. The first two are fun and the third makes you want to kill yourself.

More events happened in The Wolverine than Logan getting a sword

>YUU MASTO HORUDO A SAMURAI SWAADO WISS BOSS HANDSU

muh silver samurai is better reeeeeeeeeeee

>let's make a TDK like "grounded" movie with Wolverine
>let's also have him defy all physics on a ridiculous bullet train fight, soloing an entire ninja clan riding motorcycles and shit and fighting some cgi mecha samurai
it's like Fox thought the movie was too boring and decided to insert the most over the top action pieces in between and fucking up the rest of the tone

>We can't really blame charles, because he is old and sick

That's why it is tragic, you mong. When the movie opens, Logan is feeling waves upon waves of conflicting emotions about Xavier. On one hand, Xavier is the one who gave him a home and a family, but on the other hand he is the one who took it all away. And while Xavier did is the one who killed the X-Men, you can't truly blame him because of his illness.

Meanwhile, Xavier has no idea what the fuck he did, and Logan keeps it a secret so Xavier, his only link to when he was happy, doesn't bear the burden of guilt. But to accomplish this, Xavier is constantly sedated, doped up, and generally pathetic and it hurts Logan to see him this way.

Or maybe it happened but not necessarily the same way. Did Mangold mention anything about the timeline change on the commentary?

Why would you turn that down?!

The Wolverine is worse in every single way to Logan. The acting, story, characters, and action are all inferior. The R-Rated version of the movie is basically Logan-lite.

OP is a fool.

There's an r-rated version?

The R-Rated version has 3 f-bombs and more blood. It's barely R-Rated.

I really hope Hugh Jackman starts starring a ton of movies now that he's free. I've always loved him as an actor. He's one of those guys that improves all the movies he's in.

Xavier must be salty as fuck realizing that Eric was right all along.

The Wolverine is good right up through when he gets his powers back and fights his Jap gf's dad, but once they leave there to go fight the robosamurai and the girl mutant with the toxin powers it goes to shit.

This, he single-handedly saved Pan. Although we don't talk about Chappie.

>Eric was right all along

He wasn't.

If mutants were really superior and the next step in human evolution, they wouldn't have been wiped out with corn.

I despise Chappie but I still think he did well, all things considered.

I think it's bullshit they finally get a decent movie with Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart and they kill off the characters.

That's part of what makes the movie good.

Yeah but it felt like the climax to a trilogy we never got to see.

>That's part of what makes the movie good.

Pretty much. Plenty of good movies are self-contained. This movie might have had prequels as frameworks, but it stands on its own merit, like Terminator 2 or Aliens. I didn't want T2 to end the way it did, but that's what makes it so good.

This exactly. I haven't seen an X-men movie since the one that came out in 2002 or whenever. Logan piqued my interest and by the end of it I felt like there should've been more but it's done and buried.

I agree; I loved the movie so much though.
>but it's done and buried
ayyyyyy