This laser beam basically has enough energy to destroy a planet...

This laser beam basically has enough energy to destroy a planet. How could a few guys standing within 25 feet of it NOT be instantaneously incinerated?

This is why you should watch movies while high, you don't like holes and you just enjoy the ride.

Shielding.

They look away user. It's all that matters.

coherence

They literally look away from it.

Did you not watch the movie ?

That's how lasers work

electric infetterence

Isn't this laser one of many others that make up the actual death beam

Lasers are cold at the source and then get hot as the light they emit picks up more speed.
Source: science

The godess of the force protects them

cause the 6 little beams shoot together into one big beam that blasts the fuck out of the target

so because these niggers are

A) on the high ground and
B) we'll try looking away, thats a good trick

cause like engineers and stuff

be honest that shot with the guys standing there is just to establish scale, that yes indeed these are fuckhuge lazers. its literally just an establishing shot, not meant to be scientific you nigger

>light they emit picks up more speed.
u wot

Exactly this.

Because its a laser.

i don't think that's even a word!

newfag

The laser that the death star uses is made from the same power source a lightsaber is. So whatever prevents lightsaber wielders from being incinerated probably has the same effect.

because it focuses at the front of the dish you fuckwad.

Why don't the lazers just intersect and continue moving in their initial direction?

Why don't they make a huge mech to accompany the huge lightsaber?

Green lasers don't burn, only the red ones.

Green lasers can blind if you look at them. Thats why pilots learn intermediate maneuvers to dereflect the beam particles back to the source.

he was also quoting the pasta you dumb fuck. It's the next line.

It's the opposite for me though. I become more critical about the movie I'm watching the more I smoke (I'm assuming you mean weed)

I know this wasn't canon when that movie came out, but in Rogue One it's established that it's powered by the same crystals that are used to power lightsabers.

If the energy from a lightsaber can be concentrated and focused enough to form such a thin, solid beam, it's conceivable that the Death Star's beam is focused enough to where you could stand next to it and not be affected by it at all.

kyber crystals are a hell of a drug

I always thought there was like an invisible substance coming from the centre hole that was 'ignited' by the focused lasers and then the charged substance carried on until it impacted something

Same, a movie better be pretty god damn good if I'm high. Bad acting or bullshit plot holes kill it for me, I just can't ignore them.

>laser
Youve answered your own question

This guy is correct.

What if they also made a huge spaceship for the huge mech to fly in?

It's not a laser. There are no lasers in Star Wars, even if they call them lasers. It's probably the same magical bullshit used to make lightsabers.

ForceCum

The death star used the same crystals they put in light Sabers, they just found away to merge beams and extend the length, I'm sure they have a Low power setting for a continuous beam, and then they can spin really fast to deal maximum carnage

They just get new replacements every time they shoot

Spinning, that's a good trick.

duh, because the light particles bounce off each other, jeez.

why the fuck do lucas and disney hacks feel like they have to explain and flesh out every little nuance in the SWU? why couldn't they leave any room for mystery or intrigue? Why the FUCK are the Disney hacks falling for the same meme Lucas did and trying to explain the force in more detail? It's fucking annoying how they feel like they have to tie every little thing together in a nice neat bow.

Jabba the Hutt is some weird rapist mafia space slug? Oh no, he's actually from the Hutt crime syndicate who coordinated with the trade federation and Nabooeans and belongs to Uooidindu species

Boba Fett is some badass mercenary employed by Vader? No he's actually the descendant of the original stormtrooper and met Obi-Wan as a child multiple times and had Samuel Jackson slice his dad's head off in front of him

Death Star is a colossal-sized powerful planet-killing battlestation that is a testament to the absolute power of the Empire? No it's powered by the super spoopy crystals that also make up lightsabers!

why is there no safety railing? death star workers must unionize , someones gotta fight for them

Railings couldn't even save Sheev

same here, but criticism is the only pleasure I have so it works out great.

>"Good Guy" Lightsabers are green

>Death Star Superlaser is green

>Death Star uses gigantic lightsaber crystals to make its laser

>Death Star is a good guy weapon

The Empire is on the right side of history guys.

>ooga booga lore too complicated for normie brain, fuck Lucas amirite Reddit
kill yourself

Wow, you're fuckin stupid
That's the next line on the pasta, you schizophrenic fuck

>The death star used the same crystals they put in light Sabers, they just found away to merge beams and extend the length
so yoou saying that death star is giant lightsaber??

ha no I laugh my ass off cause it's easier to tell that it's all acting and to notice flaws

>This laser beam
>laser

Actually, the Death Star's tech is based on Lightsaber tech, so yes, it's actually a gigantic lightsaber, but they only have enough power to keep the "plasma blade" itself on for a few seconds, which already has enough energy as it is.

>being able to see a laser in 0 atmosphere

It isn't a laser. OP's question still stands since whatever it is emits radiation of some kind, hence the light radiation.

Good guy lightsabers are blue.

Grey guy lightsabers are green.

If it was working as intended, you shouldn't see the beam at all.

Green Lightsabers are natural crystals.
Red ones are handmade.
It was probably way cheaper to just go grab the green crystals than have Vader and Sheev make red ones for a few decades.

This type of effect can actually be done in real life. Each light beam needs to phase shifted just enough that they cancel out all components in every direction except the desired direction.

you've never smoked weed have you?

Because that's how lasers work?

DUDE