Facebook could owe $5 billion in taxes

>Facebook disclosed on Thursday that it could owe billions due to an IRS investigation into the way it moved assets to an Irish subsidiary to avoid higher taxes.

>The IRS tax penalty could total $3 billion to $5 billion, plus interest, according to a Facebook filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. If so, Facebook says the penalty could have a "material adverse impact" on its financial position.

>The tax issue was first disclosed publicly three weeks ago when the U.S. Justice Department filed a lawsuit forcing Facebook to comply with the ongoing IRS investigation. No figures were provided at the time for possible penalties.

>The investigation dates back to 2010 when Facebook shifted the rights for its worldwide business, excluding the U.S. and Canada, to Facebook Ireland as part of a complex maneuver to reduce its tax payments.
money.cnn.com/2016/07/29/technology/facebook-irs-penalty/

It's over Goybook is finished

Other urls found in this thread:

investor.fb.com/financials/sec-filings-details/default.aspx?FilingId=11509713
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mark Cuckerberg

why did he tape the bottom part of the laptop?
I understand the camera buy why the side?

Why hasn't Facebook been called out for setting up private "internet" networks in multiple countries that will allow it and its partners to control information flow in the future? I mean Net Neutrality is a big deal and you have Facebook violating it in the most obscene ways possible. India said no, and somehow most tech publications blamed India!

Microphone

lern2paranoid

May be the microphone jack?

built in microphone?

I've never had a Facebook so fuck that guy anyways.

So you can't put a flash card in it.

I think it's the mic

>lern2paranoid

Nigger there are websites dedicated to hosting hacked webcams where you can just watch people.

IRS went deeper.. always go deeper.

this
plus he's worth over a fucking billion
you don't think there's millions of people thinking of how to get his money?

Facebook isn't finished OP. Originally funded by the CIA and is a known establishment tool for globalism.

Unlikely we'll even see or hear about if they have to pay those billions, if anything.

microphone

This will probably bankrupt the company.

They don't have nearly enough cash on hand to take care of this.

>push liberal policies
>support massive entitlements
>support unlimited immigration
>why should WE have to pay taxes???

Welp, time to add Zuckerjew to the Trump meme magic collage.

>Nina Wu Stone, an investigator with the IRS, noted in one of the filings that she issued six summonses last month for Facebook to produce records related to the asset transfer.

>Facebook failed to comply with those requests.

>Earlier this week, the IRS disclosed that Facebook ignored a seventh summons as well.

i wonder how many summons a company can ignore before an army of Fed's just marches into their HQ and seizes whatever they want.

Yep, just checked their 10-q

investor.fb.com/financials/sec-filings-details/default.aspx?FilingId=11509713

Only 5.1 billion on hand.

>plus interest

oh god the irony

Supports destruction of the would

>has no money

Depends, he's probably supporting Democrats and Hillary to get out of it.

So if Hillary wins US won't see that money.

Well there goes potentially 28k of a long term investment down the tubes, stocks were over $100 a share.

inb4 a federal pardon on their taxes

have been saying this for years, I just never thought it would happen under an Obongo justice dept.
I have no doubt they';; come to to an "understanding" that will include a series of $5 million dollar speaking events for Obongo starting in Feb next year.
They won't mess with kikebook because they can influence the election in the other way.

I work at Amazon and everyone puts tape over their laptops. There's nothing strange about it.

Excellent.
>Backstabs someone to become a gorillionaire
>People don't care and use his service
>May lose it
He deserves this.

Google is doing the exact same thing. They always manage to get away with it

That's peanuts for Facebook

Also selling my stock tomorrow

>That transfer included certain hard to quantify assets like its "user base, online platform and marketing intangibles."

>The IRS came to believe that Ernst & Young, the accounting firm tasked with valuing the assets in this transfer, may have "understated" the worth of these intangibles by "billions of dollars,"

Facebook is run by kikes but taxing intangibles is really fucking stupid.

Why haven't Facebook and Google been broken into multiple smaller companies?

>tfw facebook crashes in your life time

The world would lose exactly nothing.

People would just move to some other service.

Praise Jesus, Kikebook will be destroyed

>Sup Forums was created before kikebook and is the ultimate image/text board site on the internet long after kikebook is gone

All my KEKs in one

this could potentially land E&Y in deep shit. the highest levels at the firm would have needed to approve it, but they'll probably pin it on some senior manager.

And thus the new Borne movie.

That's the problem they bought out everything except Snapchat.

Good, I hope it goes bankrupt, faceberg is a cancer.