So while Civil War II may have high preorders on the Diamond chart for June, how well is it selling in stores?

So while Civil War II may have high preorders on the Diamond chart for June, how well is it selling in stores?

I know four tweets are hardly indicative of a trend but I find them deeply satisfying anyway

I mean we've said it before but in the end they probably won't matter. At the very least damage will be done by Preorders being successful.

>there are actually stores that are not run by drones

Feeling good man

>Benis wild ride is ending
Thank god

Civil War II wasn't really as hyped as I expected it to be considering it was literally accompanying the Civil War movie

Most retailers don't like Marvel because Marvel treats them like shit.

But I know there's a good chunk of company war faggots running stores too.

Mahvel really needs a kick to the dick and hopefully just write good comics instead of pissing people off and EVENT RELAUNCH EVENT RELAUNCH EVENT etc etc.

Ewing alone can't save them especially since Spencer went to the dark side and THE BENDIS shitting on everything from atop his tower.

>But I know there's a good chunk of company war faggots running stores too

One of my local shops put Rebirth just on the shelf with other releases, but Stand Off, Civil War II, and Captain America: Steve Rogers all have their own display by the checkout counter. The guy who runs it is nice and it's a well kept shop, but he just really doesn't like DC comics. Last time I was in I heard him just going off about how he hates The Atom

Of all characters, why the Atom?

>Ewing saving Marvel
>Falling for the Kekwing meme
I know this is Sup Forumsmblr but come on, you can make better b8 than that

>Literally 24 variants
>One of them 1000: 1

Expect more than half of those "Sales" to be in the bargain box in a few months

>Green Arrow outsold Civil War II

Are we entering a golden age where good comics outsell cash grab shit?

Which cover is 1000:1?

>Open a business where you don't push a company that will bring you almost twice as much business

Why? Why do this? I don't like 90% of the shit I sell people

>TFW Atom's storyline was the one that got me the most hype in Rebirth

No idea. Probably that hip hop shite

>how he hates The Atom
Dude is literally Z-lister.

Yeah, Atom hanging out with and going on adventures with his legacy is great.

Choi in Legend of Tomorrow when?

#0 was this piece of shit, playing very poorly on the cover of Amazing Spider-Man 121.

Sup Forums what have you preordered recently?

he's a continuity fag in a land of "fuck continuity"

Jesus that is fucking garbage.

Well, the season ended so we know who dies.

I'm adding Green Arrow to my pull tomorrow. God damn I did not expect that to be as good as it was

Marvel can burn in hell

Marvel books have outsold DC books, outside of a month or two here and there, for 30+ years. He's putting the items most likely to sell in the place the most people will see them -- next to the checkout counter where everyone has to buy their books.

Basic business.

Yeah that's Greg Land for you. The worst part is it completely misses the dynamic format, colors, and posing from the cover it's based on.

AoS seriously couldn't get anyone besides Land to do that?

>that photorealistic uncanny valley look

I was wondering, is Mike Deodato another tracer?

>AoS
The agents themselves? They edit comics?

>Basic business.

Yeah if this was just any other month. But it's not, It's an 80 page books for $2.99. This isn't "Basic business" it's retardation

>thwip

>snap

The people behind the show...

It's only recently that the gap became so big. If DC books just vanished and the people buying them didn't move on to other books every LCS would collapse

Who'd have thought a sequel to one of the worst event series to ever come from the company would have little interest? I for one am shocked and appalled that people would be disinterested in a book that contains brand new minority and female character versions of classic heroes, launched from a new reboot that has completely failed to garner interest.

What an odd thing.

The producers of the show are also comic editors? First I've heard of it.

What I'm getting at is the makers of the show probably had nothing to do with that cover.

Considering it was made for the show I'd say they had a hand in it.

>Who'd have thought a sequel to one of the best-selling event series to ever come from the company would have little interest?
Don't forget that Civil War is selling well in trades.

Despite being a shit show Civil War has been popular as fuck for years now. It's the only Marvel event the casual fanbase knows so they flock to it and recommend it to everyone, like Hush for Batman.

>one of the worst event series to ever come from the company
You and I may understand how bad Civil War 1 is, but that doesn't change the fact that Civil War 1 is one of Marvel's all-time best sellers.

That AoS cover is a variant for Civil War 2. The show's producers don't have an hand involved in it.

What else do casuals buy?

Bendis books.

I'm happy to see it if GA really outsold Marvel's latest event bullshit.

Deadpool / Gwenpool
Vision
Moon Knight
Bendis
Geoff Johns
Batman
Wolverine
Matt Fraction
Guardians of the Galaxy (bendis basically)
Movieshitter tomes (AoU)

Look at all those tracings of literally whos and Agent Movie Guy.

>dynamic

Land didn't stand a chance.

You're right, it doesn't even have Melinda May.

The thing is that like OP said, on Diamond charts, you'll only see preorders. So most likely Civil War II will still be #1 on that chart because of all the variants and shit retailers may have to order.

I am interested to see which sold more though between Civil War II 1 and Rebirth

Green Arrow Rebirth sold 90k copies, I think Rebirth will be the clear winner especially with that price.

If it doesn't then it's a clear sign that there is something fundamentally wrong with this industry

Rebirth was out in May though. Now the other stuff like Batman Rebirth or GA Rebirth or Superman Rebirth, that's for June. Civil War II is out in June, so maybe there's a slim chance it might get beat by Batman Rebirth in terms of preorders.

I know but we can still compare them. Batman with variants would have a chance but it wont beat it now

took me a second
fucking atrocious

This looks traced as fuck.
Like, I know it's Greg Land, but it looks extremely traced even for him.

>all of this public handwringing and praising comics doing poorly

B-but they hate Marvel so they're based!!!

This is fucking childish, it's inexcusable.

Nothing. Just have a sub for Gold Digger and that's it now.

>B-But guys, if you don't buy and eat the shit, you can't get more shit to buy and eat!

Another

>@TheBigBang_
>Hum... Pre-orders for CIVIL WAR II are... not great so far. BATMAN REBIRTH #1 at nearly 3 times the pre-order numbers.

>DC UNIVERSE REBIRTH #1. We ordered so high on this. Like, hey, this will last us for two months high. OPTIMISTICALLY high, you know?
>DC UNIVERSE REBIRTH #1 sold 97% of its order in the first week. The demand for it was ridiculous. We shipped copies to France and Spain.

They'll tweet about this weeks sales in the next few days as well.

Somebody really needs to grow some balls at Marvel and tell Bendis what an absolute piece of shit he is. I mean the guy hasn't been a decent writer in years

It's far too late. It's almost 2 months after Civil War was in theaters, the hype has already died down. If they wanted that audience they would've had the event on the exact month of release.

Plus, at this point moviegoers want nothing to do with the comics anyway. The past decade has been nothing but controversial stunts, from Who to Nazi Cap. At this point, they're just going to stick to movies, since they know the MCU is not going to pull stupid shit. True, Nazi Cap started a bunch of rage, but don't expect that to actually translate to sales.

The industry is sick no matter which one of the big 2 can claim the monthly victory

>tell your future EiC he's a shit writer
>get fired

sounds like a plan dude

For me it was Blue Beetle. Jaime being Jaime again, Ted being a giant dork, and Doctor Fucking Fate.

Can't wait for the issue to come out in a couple weeks.

They did release the first issue the month the movie came out

I hope this is widespread and not just anecdotal shit only happening in a few stores. It'll make me so happy if sales on subsequent issues tank and the idea of the event comic tanks with it.

>no hips or ass

You can buy the entirety of Civil War and all its tie-ins in a mega trade for $500!

No, he just fucks around too much with Poser.

I asked my retailer yesterday if he still has the Rebirth one-shot, and he laughed at me.
(I already have it, I was just curious how it did.)

>mfw #3 or #4 comes around and it's below 100k

No more events

It's really sad with Spencer because he absolutely can be a great writer (The Fix is my favorite ongoing at the moment) but he's so caught up in politics that like most anti-Trump/Democrats over the last few months he's going more and more insane as he realizes that the guy he hates may actually win and it's just leaking through into his comic work.

>EVENT RELAUNCH EVENT RELAUNCH EVENT etc etc.
Well, they already annouunced the next three events after civil war: Age of Apocalypse, Death of X and Dead No More. Seeing as they all look like Inhumas shilling, X-Man hating and The Clone Saga 2.0, be prepared for a new Dark Age of Marvel comics.

From Marvel? Vision.
I'll also buy the Moon Knight trade for the art when it comes out.
I was thinking about following Black Widow, but dropped it with #2.

where were you when DC killed Marvel?

But muh movies

Don't forget Eternity War (coming out alongside Infinity War movie) and Trial of Maria Hill!

>Green Arrow outselling a Marvel event author the most expensive advertising campaign a comic ever got

based

As someone who was actually REALLY excited for Secret Wars and a possible content diverse, as opposed to identity diverse, relaunch, I'm done with Marvel. I had some (idiotic) thin sliver of hope that we'd see an ANAD that mirrored the breadth of the Secret Wars tie-ins, instead of just "it's just more NOW!"

I'll be reading Darth Vader until it ends, and then I will, for the first time in 15 years of comicbook buying, not have a single Marvel title on my pull list.

Bendis? The writer?

Mouseketeer please

Marvel deserves to burn.

When will the May sales be released?

The hits just keep on coming.

That hurts and is untrue. Meanie.

Dam Son

Now I'm really glad DC decided to release Rebirth at this time.

Honest question: why does Marvel even make comics? Stan Lee has been trying to make them a movie company since, what, the late 70s?

They obviously don't care about the market; They've crashed it once, and they're still doing the exact same things. There's no soul or artistry in their books. They're just a factory for movie tie-ins.

Maybe another two weeks for the full thing, top 10 next week?

>tfw Marvel cucked itself by promoting Captain America with its stupid controversy and letting Civil War II kinda limply flop into shelves

But for real how worried do you think marvel might be?

>Rebirth titles are getting second printings not even a week after they came out
>GA is confirmed to have 90k on like one or two variants
>DCU Rebirth is on its third printing a little over a week after it came out
>next week's Rebirth oneshots are getting reordered in high numbers
>CW2 isn't get much of a response even with high preorders
>all the teasers they're putting out are getting a bunch of "meh"s as a response
>people are angry enough over Hydra Cap to accuse them of antisemitism and to send death threats
>people were mostly just annoyed by the 3 Jokers and Watchmen things and thought DC was selling out at worst

Marvel just isn't getting very much positive attention at all, and even things they're trying to hype seem to just be falling flat with most people.

You're trying way too hard to fit in.

>You will leave to see the death of Marvel
Disney doesn't need the comic books, just the IPs

I can see things being great again in the future.

>GA is confirmed to have 90k on like one or two variants

one variant and I believe it was free rather than an incentive cover so it's likely not a huge boost

The current editors are idiots and they have lost a lot of talent. Waid/Ewing can't do it all and Spencer has went full SJW hilbot.

If gets too bad, Disney will do a big takeover like they are about to start doing with ESPN.

And when they do, not going to be good for several writers/editors.

I hope the sales are bad enough to lower bendis' position in Marvel.

Yeah that's what I meant
Marvel's been putting books out with like 4 variants minimum and upwards to way past 20, but here comes GA with one regular variant probably close to making the top 10.

As much as they want to yell "We're doing a seasonal model", I think its telling they're going back to "Marvel NOW" branding instead of the post Secret Wars ANAD one.

Wasn't NOW way more successful sales wise? Feels like they're trying to skate around the fact that this recent reboot isn't what they were expecting, because better believe, if it were working they wouldn't be so quick to change it.

They'll definitely keep the Star Wars comics. I can see them slicing that part off of Marvel and rolling them into the Lucasfilm division.

We could also see them farming out the IPs to other comics studios, like they do with games. We just saw them shred their games division for underperforming. They did the same to Junction Point back when they had it- they brought in a ton of talent like Warren Specter, then cut the company off after a rushed title underperformed.

i mean if it's that case why not go even further back