Nomic

"Nomic is a game in which changing the rules is a move. In that respect it differs from almost every other game.

The primary activity of Nomic is proposing changes in the rules, debating the wisdom of changing them in that way, voting on the changes, deciding what can and cannot be done afterwards, and doing it. Even this core of the game, of course, can be changed."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomic

While the victory condition in Suber's initial ruleset is the accumulation of 100 points by the roll of dice, he once said that "this rule is deliberately boring so that players will quickly amend it to please themselves." Players can change the rules to such a degree that points can become irrelevant in favor of a true currency, or make victory an unimportant concern.

I feel like this would be great if we could figure out a format to play it on Sup Forums. Any ideas for how to make it happen?

I had a sociology class in high-school where we played a game similar to that.

Every kid in the class was given either a green or pink slip. The goal was to come in contact with the most slips before the class period ended (pink slips were weighted higher than the green slips). There were only 4 pink slips and whomever had a pink slip got to vote on what rules to implement. After each vote everyone would precede to place their slips into a jar and the slips would be randomly distributed again. Obviously the first rule makers usually made rules saying they kept their slips or only they could draw new slips; often times the teacher would introduce rules of her own that could no the changed so the game could progress. Being an intrepid ass I decided to ask the teacher for pink construction paper and preceded to make my own pink slips. The more pink slips one had the more voting power they had, so I was given free reign. When people started to complain about my cheating I then preceded to give everyone an equal number of pink slips and make the game a draw for the entire class.

SlegcI2O for president

the game taught to children to make them subversive to their own country. i know a mother that taught that shit to someone i knew as a kid.
now kid is a fucking libtard

Thanks man but all I did was counterfeit wealth and precede to destroy the ruling by making everyone equal. The winner of the game would get a Hersey's bar, that time a class of ~30 shared one Hersey's bar. Everyone got to share in the wealth and suffering.

Kind of like Fluxx?

Well the hershey's bar was free in this case, it would have been bad if all 30 people worked to make the hershey bar and you got some for giving people the right to vote to give you the Hershey bar.

>breaks laws
>manipulates populace
>gets rewarded
>tfw you are a capitalist as Marx's views them

>I then preceded to give everyone an equal number of pink slips and make the game a draw for the entire class

I can see it. However, couldn't subversion skills also be useful for conservicucks?

so which one of you guys is right?

Is he evil capitalist or communist?

I was deliberately both types in order to survive while still winning. I was the evil capitalist at first and when I saw my power waning I screwed over future power holders by making everyone equal.

He was gifting people pink slips, not using government guns to steal from them.

>When you make up the rules to your own game, everyone you play against is a loser. It's like one giant, horrible, racist game of Calvinball.
user on progressives/SJWs a few days ago somewhere in Sup Forums.

>screwed over future power holders
I would have said gave into peer pressure. If you had law establishing powers you should have made a law that something in your pocket was worth a fuckton of slips. or vote to make their green slips worthless or, or or I got million evil ideas for that shit... Dont ever let me get into power guys... my name is user

dont vote for user

user
hindsight 20/20

>gifting
or
>coerced

I also had to consider that the teacher would of stripped me of power if I kept all the slips for myself, so equality of outcome was what I chose.

What did he mean by this?

Vote the teacher out of power.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

Did he "gift the populace with slips or was he coerced by the angry plebs to give up power to save his own ass?

Couldn't you strip the teacher of his power or made a rule that made his teacher-power useless?

People started complaining, so he was coerced, but not violently, so he's just a cuck really.

not violently yet.

Honestly I probably would have been a dick about it. Teaches them a good lesson on why voting rights should be restricted and separation of legislative powers.

I am the evil capitalist.

In this case it would be teaching them why votes' values shouldn't scale with an individual's wealth.

>teacher says she is god and can do anything

>teacher is literally that kid

It would be teaching how easily riggable voting is desu.

kek