Wonder Woman

Just got back from this one.

Eh. It's fine. 5/10, probably. For the record, that's higher than I gave any of the other DCEU films.

Performances are fine, and it's hilarious that all of the actresses playing Amazons had to tailor their accents to cater to Gadot's inability to speak.
Script was pretty shitty, and obviously had many rewrites. Lots of shit, especially on the island, that would get said before being massively, hugely contradicted in the next scene. Score was also a little disappointing because I found the scores of MoS and BvS to be one of their only redeeming factors.
Some cool cinematic moments, editing wasn't too all-over-the-place which I appreciated. CGI was excellent for the most part but shitty in a few isolated incidents that also felt like reshoots.

It's not a bad movie, it's just very average. Again, better than the other DCEU entries.

The villain is Ares, but it's actually David Thewlis' character, not Danny Huston's. I haven't been following the film too closely in the leadup to its release so I don't know if that was common knowledge but I thought it was a cool little twist.
At the end is a stupid and unnecessary sacrifice by Steve Trevor, who blows himself up because it's a choice between him and Wonder Woman taking the explosion and poison gas. Except Wonder Woman survives much bigger explosions and can breathe the gas with literally no troubles. Very silly.

Anyone else seen it yet? What did you think?
Also happy to answer any questions.

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
archive.4plebs.org/tv/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any little nods or homages, maybe some allusions to Circe, Cheetah, Silver Swan, anything?

idc

>MCUck seething

Your other thread was a miss, trying again are we? topkek

If there were, I missed them.Trevor does sarcastically refer to Themyscira as Paradise Island, which I thought was cute but nobody around me seemed to get. There was also no post-credits scene.

Uh, no. I just got home. 9.38pm here, I caught the 6.30pm and made this thread when I got home.

And she's obviously in contact with Batman, but we don't see or hear him.

>Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.
Sup Forums.org/rules

>At the end is a stupid and unnecessary sacrifice by Steve Trevor, who blows himself up because it's a choice between him and Wonder Woman taking the explosion and poison gas. Except Wonder Woman survives much bigger explosions and can breathe the gas with literally no troubles.
that sounds dumb.

Diana is fighting Ares at that very moment.

>There was also no post-credits scene.

Well that's actually refreshing. Now to wait for the deleted scenes, also how was Antiope/Robin Wright, she looked hot in the trailers.

Didnt watch it but imagine if Wonder Woman wrapped her legs around your head and then shat all across your back then broke your neck and pissed on your dead body would it be kino?

Sigh. Sounds like absolutely typical modern blockbuster refusal to follow consistent rules in a fictional universe. I know films have always suffered from that, but it's been absolutely ridiculous the last decade or so.

Not, OP. She was killed in first act, trying to shield Diana from some soldier. Dumb death, and Gadot acting was bad.

Just saw it too. I liked it, pretty good

>Israeli lead actress
>Whole movie is about poison gas

Haha yeah that'd be pretty kino haha

No, she isn't. Ares doesn't even want to fight her.
He specifically tells her that he doesn't want to fight, and will only fight her if he must. He then throws her as far away from himself as possible, and she has a long heart-to-heart with Steve. Steve tells her that he has to do this, and she tells him no, that she can, and to let her.
He says "No, it has to me. I can save today. You can save the future".

He then goes into the plane and takes off, and only then does she re-engage Ares, who, by the way, is still fucking telling her to calm down and stop fighting him.
Then Steve blows himself up in the plane, which has just taken off, has plenty of fuel, and the bombs aren't on timers. He is under no pressure, time or otherwise, and decides to kill himself. It's fucking retarded.

She was good. She isn't in the film very long, she dies catching a bullet for Diana. She was one of the better characters, though.

>refusal to follow consistent rules in a fictional universe
Yeah, well, Wonder Woman is also telekinetic in this one. Ares throws metal at her and she disintegrates it with her mind without raising her hands. Apparently that's one of her powers now, and she forgets to use it against Doomsday a hundred years later.

Aw man that super sucks, she looked great

For the record no one cares what you think

I was hoping that Ares would return in the epilogue scene. The sequel would be Wondie fight Ares again in WW2.

Honestly the movie would've been so much better if he wasn't in it at all.

The whole time she's so sure that he's the one behind the war, and she finally kills the guy she thinks is him, and then it turns out she was wrong and it's just humanity being humanity. That's where it should've ended.

But instead, no, Ares pops out at the very end and says "nah, yeah, you were right, I'm here. I didn't have anything to do with the war, though'.
It's fucking weak.

Too bad, capeflicks needs big action third scene. As you said, it would be better if there is no Ares in the third act. Just Diana and Steve Rogers fight desperate battle to stop the gas plane.

>Yeah, well, Wonder Woman is also telekinetic in this one. Ares throws metal at her and she disintegrates it with her mind without raising her hands.
sorry what?

>For the record

Nobody's taking records here, reddit.

t. Oldfag

I disagree.

t. archive.4plebs.org/tv/

Is that a real poster? Who signed off on it?
>covers leads face
>no curves on wonderwoman
>shows off her hilariously stick thin arms

It's real.

he didnt sacrifice himself so that wonder woman wouldn't get gassed you dumb fuck, it was going to kill everyone within a two mile radius or some shit

and somehow im not dead or sleeping either

see The pilot of the plane was going to drop it on the frontlines. Steve killed that pilot and then was safely flying the plane. He could've done anything at that point, and elected to explode himself.

And yes, he did do it ostensibly so that Wonder Woman wouldn't have to. She specifically asks him to let her do it, and he tells her that it has to be him because she needs to be around to save the future.

Just came back from watching it too and my biggest issue with the movie was that they didn't expand on the relationship with the group. I wish there was a small scene with WW and the Irish guy talking about his ptsd and why he didn't shoot the German sniper.

But it's a good movie. It's like a better and more grounded version of CA:FA, mixed in with man out of time theme from CA:WS.

Also wished they didn't have that plot twist with Aries at the end though.

Whoa, fucking spoilers Wikipedia. Jesus.

Just saw it. 7/10 action movie, 8/10 by capeshit standards. Pleasantly surprised

Is she really supposed to be 5000 years old in this film?

Remind me why every female is losing their shit about Wonder Woman like there's never been a good female protag in a film before?
>Ripley
>Sarah connor
>Milla Jovovich in basically every movie she's done
>Buffy
>Padme
>Trinity in the matrix
>Lots more I can't remember

Does capeshit really validate women that much?

It's because they mercilessly bullied and ostracised the geeky boys in high school who grew up loving superheroes, finally realised that superheroes actually can be pretty cool, and then expected to just come along and join the club that they spent the last seventy years ridiculing. When those same geeky boys told them to get fucked, they lost their shit, cried sexism, and began complaining that there weren't enough female-led superhero movies.
This apparently validates them in some way. It's stupid, too, because my theatre was almost entirely women and none of them even chuckled at the "Paradise Island" reference.
These people don't actually give a shit about the character or the comics, they just want to feel like they've had a victory.

>MCucks can't even allow one D.C. Movie to do well

Fucking EvanPoster is on the ledge

I don't really know that I have the power to prevent it from doing well.
I think it's better than Suicide Squad, which was better than BvS, which was better than MoS. It's a steady rise in quality, so that's good for Justice League, right?

It's not telekinesis, it's a shockwave from her bracelets she used against the amazons on the island. She did use it against Dommsday too, it was the first attack she used in BvS, I think.

>supporting a film starring a murderer

I miss the old keanu pasta it was pretty good desu

Quick rundown:
-Feige bows to Evansposter
-In contact with shill critics
-Possess street-shitting abilities
-Control Rotten Tomatoes with an iron but fair fist
-Own curry & rice dishes globally
-Direct descendants of the ancient Indian royal blood line
-Will bankroll the first kinos from Marvel (Quipgrad will be be the first city)
-Own 99% of Correct the Record facilities on Earth
-First Marvel good movies will in all likelihood be Evansposters scripts
-said to have 215+ shill reviews, such company loyatly on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51
-Ancient Indian scriptures tell of an indian shitposter who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of KINO and unprecedented Marvel's oscars
-They own clickbait websites around the world
-You likely have quips inside you right now
-Evanposter is in regular communication with Zack Snyder and Patty Jenkins, forwarding the word of KINO to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Who do you think set up the meeting between Tsujihara & Bob Iger (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged Disney's leader’s first trip to Antarctica in history literally a few days later to the Evansposter's bunker in Wilkes land?
-He learned fluent French in under a week
-Studios entrust their IPs with the Evanposter. There’s no Marvel in Orlando , only Ft. Evanposter
-Evanposter is about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
-In reality, he is timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know his ultimate plans yet. We hope he’s a benevolent being.

No, her arms are loosely by her side. Ares hurls metal items directly at her, and they vaporise as they approach her.
You're right, she often does do the shockwave, but I promise you there is a point where does no such thing and the things just stop.

It was cut because that was Snyder shit full of the horrors of the war.

nice blog post
no seriously what makes you think anyone gives even a fraction of a fuck about your opinion

>film discussion board

see

I just realized that Zeus exists in the same universe as Superman and Darkseid. Why are we funding this horrible genre?

Nah, Zeus is dead by the time Wonder Woman is a kid. Ares is the only god left, and even he's gone by the end of this movie.

I've seen 99 theatrically-released capeshit films now and I have WW at 56. Pretty average.

>*cries oldfag*
>*posts Boxy pic*
Really nigger?

The films specifically says the plane has a timer, so there is pressure for Steve, a lot. Pay attention next time.

There was a map with the target being London in an earlier scene

Do Irish wear kilts?

Wait, I thought there was supposed to be a big scene later in the movie where she learns she can't save everyone on the battlefield. If antiope dies protecting her, how does that square with the later sequence?

Confirmed. I just got back from watching it. For an origin story, they didn't do a training montage of how her powers work. Movies are such bullshit man

>The films specifically says the plane has a timer
Uh, what? When? And what do you mean the "plane has a timer"? It's not on auto-pilot, nor do we ever see a timer, nor are we given any sort of verbal countdown. The only time constraint was that the plane was taking off, and this was alleviated once he got aboard, killed the crew and took control of the plane. Why even enter the cockpit?

>For an origin story, they didn't do a training montage of how her powers work.

Didn't they literally show her training with Antiope and she first does her clang shockwave by accident

The Chief tells Steve when they are thinking about a plan to stop the plane with the gas, that's why he decides to destroy it.

Sure, she can flip and swing a sword and fire some arrows...
-But-
How does she not know her own strength (she seems surprised when she saves herself from falling when she grasps and crushes the bricks and climbs the tower)

Plus, can she fly or not? Wtf

Maybe it's my autism, but parts of the movie triggered me

Sounds like a forgettable mess of a movie.

No, he tells him that they're going to do it soon and that it will have a thirty-mile radius, and thousands of troops will die.
Never once does he say that there is a timer on the bombs. The only ticking clock is that the plane will soon take off.
Again, once Steve makes it onto the plane and incapacitates the crew, there is no danger.

Shill.

B-b-but muh RT score!

pretty sure he never mentions a countdown

I really enjoyed the Invisible Jet featured in the background of most of the scenes on Themyscira.