Guns, Goys and Shekels

What does Sup Forums think of Guns, Germs, and Steel?

It's full of pseudoscience shit that "academics" like to pride themselves on committing to memory

Jewish Propoganda

>muh undomesticable zebras

Could you give some examples? I'm writing a paper and would like your input.

It's kindling

I want to read it just to see how bad it is and enjoy my anger.

Any list of issues with the book? I have it laying around somewhere, I think.

muh genious spear chuckers
muh stupid white people who watch TV

might legitimately be the worst book ive ever read

Pretty much everything in it is over-exaggerated, ignores huge swaths of evidence to the contrary, and other parts are analyzed poorly.

There is an image the floats around /his/ sometimes dealing with how terrible this book actually is.

muh environment

Its bullshit and has been shown to be false.

Basically it tries to explain away colonialism, the Southern Hemisphere's problems, and racism by saying white men were just better.

most academics arnt of fan of this book.

>reads the image that someone posted on Sup Forums
>recounts the second hand information under the guize of an educated opinion on Sup Forums
>so the cycle renews

And what is the issue exactly?

It's problematic.

Huh, good to know. From what I heard I thought it was trying to say whites were just lucky or had fewer disadvantages.

it's literally dey had no animals so dey dindu nuffin.

Sure, it has it's flaws, but seeing cultural anthropologists cry made me cum. A good starter antidote to being a faggot.

It makes 1 or 2 good points. But the rest of it is 98% apologetic pandering

This isn't even true.

The author's premise is that white people were in the ideal geography and climate to conquer the world.

any human population that could survive and thrive in europe would inevitably evolve white skin and dominate the globe.

It's a bunch of white guilt propaganda.
My SJW history teacher read passages of it to us.
Basically "hurr durr whitey be rayciss we wuz zebras n shiet"

Exactly. It basically disregards the racial oppression, the biological warfare, the religiously-motivated destruction of indigenous knowledge and culture that allowed whites to take over.

It's alright, he goes pretty hard on making his Papua New Guinean friends seem capable. It is good for enlightening some angles of understanding, and seriously Eurasia was an OP place.

>indigenous knowledge

Didn't know the mesoamericans killed gooks

I mean technically all native americans are gooks, right?

thisthreadagain.jpg

The book is useless. Knowing nothing about the book (I still don't) I borrowed it from a friend; I thought that it looked interesting. It's shit, I only made it a few pages in. His reasoning just doesn't cut it. Don't remember specifics; only remember feeling offended.

Read pic related instead. It's got a peculiar focus, but what is in there is all verifiable and a good look behind the scenes. The election rigging stuff is very apropos for the moment.

Lets take one example, firearms. The book would conclude that Western civilization imported in firearms, which destabilized tribal elements because the weapons were too powerful and led to constant conquering with no end because war could always be brought but nobody could conquer.

This was true, but what western civilization did was increase it's knowledge and thus the result was not the creation of war, but an increase in it's efficiency. This wasn't the purpose, it was the result of advancements in technology. Thus, any civilization that increased it's industrial or scientific knowledge would create powerful weapons, any civilization would have eventually led these to be introduced into trade and thus war. The west didn't create war, they simply improved their ability to undertake it. The same civilization also created liberty and democracy so you show me another culture more suited for the creation of powerful weapons and I'll show you a backwards tribal warfare shit hole that would gladly use those weapons to conquer and enslave the world, which they west has most certainly not done, despite the whaling of injustices committed by western powers in war.

yuropean colonization of north amerika was a mistake

But what if it wasn't really a mistake because it was a somewhat inevitable product of the coming "globalization" of the world economy?

Read this.

Read it in the 10th grade, didn't understand it.

Read it again 6 months ago ( I'm 27)
It makes sense

I liked all the content of the book except the author's conclusion. The book attempts to explain why Europeans have conquered so much, while not accepting European/white intellectual, moral, or genetic superiority. The white race has contributed more to civilization with the likes of morality and inventiveness than any other race. So basically the author lays out the facts and then adopts a PC conclusion.

This sums it up. It's absolutely retarded cuck propaganda.

Don't really care about it.

That would be too "problematic".

Anyone got the pictures of facts destroying this book?

>The book attempts to explain why Europeans have conquered so much, while not accepting European/white intellectual, moral, or genetic superiority.
Pretty much. He supposes the actual explanation isn't true and then seeks out to find whatever bullshit excuse he can, no matter how unfounded it is.

I've got a screencap.