So can we all agree that Alien: Covenant was at least scarier than Prometheus?

So can we all agree that Alien: Covenant was at least scarier than Prometheus?

>And to not say the med-lab scene with the backburster was scary or creepy is a joke. If this scene wasn't Alien enough for you than you're clearly not a Alien fan AT ALL!

>youtube.com/watch?v=C0F2iBvJNZ4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA
youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, but I didn't want a horror movie. I wanted a good Alien movie, or atleast a good scifi movie. Just look at that b-movie horror tier shower scene

It was better than Prometheus overall.

>didn't want a horror movie
>watches an Alien movie
dumb cunt

Why was there a fully equipped medical lab in that small transport shuttle?

Alien should be a suspense franchise, not horror.

>alien is born and stunned
>doesn't immediately walk over there and step on it
This is what's wrong with this movie. Suspension of disbelief should not extend to retardation.

>woman is so stupid she cant hit the alien and blows up the ship instead

in case they need to transport hurt people?

Well it seemed to be trying to be scarier than Prometheus - but neither are scary at all. Alien: Covenant clearly didn't know what kind of film it wanted to be.

Yea, the med-lab was my favorite part of the movie.
Even though it didnt really do anything new, the way it was filmed did get my adrenaline going.

>not just stomping the fucker as soon as it plops out instead of waiting for it to be up and running

Women, everyone.

What happened to the quarantine procedures of the first movie. They make a massive deal about it, then completely abandon it in all other movies

Alien 5 when?

At least I could masturbate to the alien birthing scene in Prometheus.

Couldn't do shit with Alien: Covenant except for that one scene where they're nude in the shower for a bit.

>So can we all agree that Alien: Covenant was at least scarier than Prometheus?

Nothing at all was scary about it.

In fact, I'd say the Prometheus thing where the infected crew member shows up in front of the ship all transformed and disgusting was scarier than anything that happened in Covenant. Nothing in Covenant had impact at all. You could tell which characters were going to die from the moment you saw them.

The neomorphs were just a typical meme 2fast4u screeching faceless movie monster. The xenomorph itself was set up to act like a final boss, appearing right at the end, but you could tell he it not going to harm the protagonist. It just appeared to chaos some chaos and get defeated.

Some concepts are horrific but there's no horror in that movie. I get more horrified watching comedies with unpleasant social situations.

I dunno mayne, medium-sized insects make me uneasy enough. I don't think I would want to get anywhere close to that thing, let alone try to stomp it. You have no knowledge about how it could cause harm to you or anything

Most importantly, how the hell would they have known it was going to grow into a full size spookymorph in just a couple hours?

Alien Covenant is the best Alien movie since Alien (1979). Redditors and newfags won't get it.
It wasn't a massive deal. Ripley was the only one who gave a shit. The rest of them were "lol let's just bring in this Alien creature attached to this guy's face, nothing can go wrong rite" while Ash is like "That's right! *rubs hands*".

If they took quarantine seriously, they wouldn't trek around an alien biosphere in anything less than a hazmat suit.

She knew it was dangerous enough to burst out of someone's back and even armed herself with a knife. It's not much more of a stretch to just grab something heavy and go to town.

We hesitate with most bugs because we're at least on some level aware that our fear of them is unfounded. With something completely unknown that just killed a guy upon birth, doesn't seem like much of a stretch that most people would go apeshit on that abomination.

Why did she hug the guy when he was clearly having a seizure and about to explode?

Pretty much shit except for a few small scenes. I laughed harder and more often than I ever should in an Alien movie and the first half hour is tedious as fuck before devolving in to the same old shit done worse than ever with cheap CGI and a stupid ass ending "action scene" that was was hilariously stupid. The whole "twist ending that wasn't a twist or is the twist that there is a twist" ending was just handled horribly and as trite as possible with that song choice. The background looks off since you can tell they just digitally extended the cabin of the ship to infinity. The sleeping bag pods hanging up and the embryo drawers were designed as if they ran out of money for actual props which overall looks worse than in the god damn original like they went to Ikea for half the shit this time.

It was trash but still better looking than most of the shit that is released today so people think it's "good" when it's just made well due to the massive companies behind the production using it as nothing but a cash grab. Whoever was in charge of casting should be banned from the industry. I could go on but it's not worth thinking about this disappointment any more. I wish it was just the straight sequel to Prometheus as it should have been but noooo all the fucking normie morons had to whine that they were too stupid to understand rather simple concepts and just wanted more dark hallway jump scares so we just got a fucking rehash of the first two combined as if it's something entirely new in order to please the retards...

>scarier than Prometheus

There wasn't much scare in Prometheus so that's a low bar. Was Prometheus meant to be scary at all?

> the med-lab scene

Where TWO people have slapstick falling in the same puddle?

If movie life is anything like real life, then these people have seen hundreds of movies about killer aliens or end of the world scenarios, you would think by now they would know what the fuck to do about it.

If someone makes a joke alien movie, that scene should definitely be in it.
>alien is born
>immediately gun it down and kill it
>"Problem solved, everyone".

Dude...don't you know from previous Alien films that they ARE FILLED WITH ACID?!?!

Why in the FUCK would she just step on it???

Because in the future when this movie takes place there has been so many shitty sequels to Alien that people has forgotten that the early movies were actually good, hence she never watched Alien and didn't know about the acid blood.

>So can we all agree that Alien: Covenant was at least scarier than Prometheus?

It is because you find out how big of a psychopath David is. He was scarier than any alien: the last 25 minutes I didn't give a shit about the xenomorph, I wanted to know if the synthetic was David or Walter.

that's basic medical training. if they are in pain you hug them to make them feel better

cgi shit isnt scary

wtf...I would have just curb stomped that thing

>I wanted to know if the synthetic was David or Walter.
How the fuck did you not 100% know it was David? Is this the first movie you've seen? They don't show which android wins the fight, for fuck's sake. It's the most obvious "twist" they could have come up with.

>How the fuck did you not 100% know it was David?
I know it was David but I wanted the confirmation, don't tell me you weren't waiting for it at the end when the chick gets into the sleeping pod.

I'm an Alien/Aliens fan - everything else has been trash. All these movies focused on stupid faggot androids and some retarded engineer bullshit.

>build up the boring as fuck engineers
>kill them off in a really stupid 2 minute scene, in a flash-back

>this small killer machine literally head-butts its way through reinforced glass
>"just step on it bro lol"
Alien Covenant haters are literally niggers.

Alien is sci fi horror.

I wasn't waiting for it because I didn't give a shit about any of the characters because the movie didn't care about making me care about any of the characters.

first of all how would she have known that. second those white aliens didn't have acid blood

I'm glad David killed the fuck out of Shaw. That bitch needed to go big time.

are you retarded?

2nd this.

LMAO

Probably the greatest movie of the year and the up there with Alien and Prometheus for the best Alien films, especially since they manage to give a deeper message out than the other films do

I'm convinced the haters of this movie have single digit IQs.

>I WOULD HAVE JUST STEPPED ON IT LOL
that's good for you, I'm sure if you were hyperventilating at the sight of your friend having a seizure, you would have an extremely clear head about the whole thing like you do shitposting here. Hell, if she did that then you fucks would complain that she didn't get a weapon to defend herself first.

>WHY DO THEY WALK AROUND WITHOUT HELMETS!!!
it's sci-fi. do you really need a throwaway line about how they scanned the planet for pathogens and the air is breathable? the only reason they wore suits in prometheus was because the air wasn't breathable outside. Inside the temple thing, it had its own atmosphere which I assume they couldn't scan, so there was hesitance for them to take the suits off.

>SHE SLIPPED ON BLOOD LOL
once again, she was panicking. I stub my toe walking to the fridge sometimes.

There are legitimate complaints about the movie, like the poor CGI at times on the baby neomorphs, redundant action scene at the end, and poor cinematography when compared to Prometheus, but these are just lazy. I think Guardians of Reddit might be more your speed.

yeah but is it kino

No.

The Frankenstein-Robot stuff with his failed experiments was the only somewhat spooky stuff, and that stuff is only about the equal of the alien abortion in Prometheus.

Its worse.

Good Ridley Scott impression. You really captured his senility and indignant butthurt.

this. the pod sets looked so fucking cheap.
Also that effete robot thing is played out. david is an awful protagonist. horrible that he will be a major plot point in sequels

>David
>protagonist
>not antagonist

this is your problem

>the only reason they wore suits in prometheus was because the air wasn't breathable outside.
Same with the original Alien. They also didnt' wear suits in Aliens.
Alien Covenant haters still claim these movies are amazing master pieces though.

yeah but the audience loves the alien
you are obviously supposed to root for him
ridley said so

I'm ok with people making sub-optimal decisions in the heat of a terrifying moment.

But the helmets are completely inexcusable and absurd. The risk to their own health is serious enough. But any scientist would also do anything they could to avoid contaminating the planet with THEIR pathogens. How do you know that some bacteria from your body won't cause some kind of devastating mass extinction on this planet?

man all this deflection

>They also didnt' wear suits in Aliens.
Bruh cmon
It was a colony planet
It's got breathable air

stop.

then you must find fatal flaws in the first two, right? hell, letting the guy on board with A FUCKING ALIEN ON HIS FACE in the original is still more stupid than anything in Prometheus or Covenant

the problem was that all of the characters were fucking idiots all the time. perhaps that's why you could identify so easily with them

Ash.

That is literally a plot point. Ripley wasn't going to let them in for exactly that reason. Ash did it, because he was a fucking asshole.

And in Aliens, the stupid colonists didn't know there was any life there.

dude, everybody but Ripley wanted to bring him on board

Alien is great but the nostalgia goggles on it these days are real. Covenant isn't perfect at all but the hate it's receiving from people who love the originals is insane

In the novel they perform some serious scans before going out of the small ship.

They didnt show that in the movie because it would be a waste of screentime to placate some autists that cant figure they did those scans out of screen and they were ignored because it added nothing to the film.

The day ALL movies are made for retards like you, is the same day I will stop watching them. Imaging the movie stopping the plot each 2 minutes just so the characters can perform tests, fill government forms and permissions and directly say to the camera what they are thinking at all moments because a retard like you cant get into a fucking movie.

how do you know there wasn't some pathogen that killed the colonists? it actually seems more dangerous in Aliens since they knew there was a chance thousands of people had been wiped out.

The colony stopped responding. You don't know if a deadly disease wiped out all the colonists.

Also, you can say nearly the exact same about AC:
>has signs of possible human habitation
>breathable hair

This user gets it.
Lol the only reason Ash let them in is because Lambert and Dallas insisted on bring him in instead of leaving him and running away ASAP.
Agree. I also still think the original Alien is superior, but it's crazy how much AC haters rationalize when the original classics share a lot of the same flaws.

Ash let him in because of his orders from the Company.

You can argue Ash let them in because he was malfunctioning or being controlled by Mother or whatever, but the point still stands that every other character wanted to bring it on board except Ripley. If this were Covenant people would have complained that so many people went down to explore the planet, leaving only Ripley and Ash on the ship.

>>And to not say the med-lab scene with the backburster was scary or creepy is a joke. If this scene wasn't Alien enough for you than you're clearly not a Alien fan AT ALL!

lets see

>backburster... okay, it's not actually interesting, but if it's semi-original. some nice gore
>cliched abandonment scene
>suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper cliched "you're breaking up! didn't catch that :^)"
>nothing else in the scene is interesting, the idea of "small xenomorph" isn't interesting, though it is well done for what it is and has tension

this is just slightly above mediocre m8

There's nothing to argue about. Ash knew the alien was there and had direct orders to retrieve it. Did you dummies even watch the movie?

Also you're overlooking the point: they had a logical protocol and Ripley tried to follow it. In these new ones people just do whatever they feel like all willy-nilly and it doesn't seem like anyone even THOUGHT about how to handle these problems before landing on an alien planet.

You're still ignoring that every other person wanted to bring it on board, and if ripley had been on the planet and someone else on the ship, Ash wouldn't have needed to let it in in the first place.

Hell, Prometheus has a direct callback to this instead it's Vickers instead of Ripley/Dhaw, so it reverses the viewer's perspective. But there is clear protocol there.

And if you paid attention, she tries quarantining it in the med bay, but changes her mind when she realizes it could kill someone.

Daniels also argued against landing on the planet.

I found the justification for investigating the signal to be very flimsy. The Company has always struck me as pretty rigid, even amongst the civilians, so why didn't they follow SOPs? Why not just log the signal and transmit to the network for someone else to check out? It's not like this was the crew of the Firefly just out on a jaunt, they had thousands of lives entrusted to them and probably hundreds of billions of dollars worth of equipment. It's like if you were the crew of a container ship or an oil tanker, heard a mysterious signal over your radio, and then veered off course to dock at some uncharted island. Like what?

I liked the lab scene and I can live with no envirosuits or whatever. Just the decision to investigate and some of the subsequent decisions were difficult for me. It seems like the Covenant (the ship) was used solely as a plot vehicle for sequels.

I listened to this audio book performance thing recently that would have made a far better movie, Alien: Out of the Shadows

Based user defending Prometheus and Covenant from nostalgia goggles redditors. The Scott films are the 3 best in the series

>Throw away line
>LMAO its GENRE flick!
>Breathable air = completely 100% safe!
>Scanned the atmosphere but didn't find the massive alien ruins
>BOTH the women using guns slip on blood and BOTH fail at killing the alien whether with a knife or gun

Its bad bruh.

>every other person wanted to bring it on board
You keep repeating that like it changes anything. They were panicking in a stressful situation, which makes sense. The officer in charge insisted on sticking to the rules, which also makes sense. That's why you have a chain of command and specialized roles.

And as for the new ones, it's a little late to use quarantine procedures AFTER you've strolled all over an unknown alien biome without an enclosed suit.

Then why aren't you complaining about how nobody was on watch when the facehugger freed itself. Isn't that part of protocol. Or dumbass Dallas crawling around in vents to find the 10 foot xeno.

The alien movies are built on dumb decisions. Take off the nostalgia goggles my man. It's fucking sci-fi.

There's dumb decisions and then there's inexplicably stupid ones that you can't rationalize. Like in Covenant, I thought the lab scene and hijinks were dumb decisions but believable ones, although the scene was rife with cliches that detracted from it. Inexplicable would be the acting captain following David into the nursery and then looking into the egg. Yes I realize he might have initially been under the impression that David was functioning properly and wouldn't lie to him or hurt him, but you'd think he would have reconsidered his stance after finding that girls head and shooting the neomorph-- then pointing his weapon at David and talking about seeing the Devil.

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA
it was not better than prometheus you fucking pleb

Yes that scene was dumb. That is one thing I won't defend too much. I just can't get on board with the idea that the decisions were exponentially more stupid and more frequent than the original. I didn't even mention the stupidity of letting the guy who had an alien down his throat out of quarantine and eat with the crew.

I guess I see this stuff as inconsequential. I don't know man, it's just annoying seeing so much hypocrisy in regards to the old movies.

This seems like reasoning from perspective of semi-omnipotent movie audience and expecting the characters to have the same knowledge. We know it's a horror movie that's going to end badly, that the Xenomorphs are always bad, that eggs are dangerous, etc. but the people in the movie don't.

All the Captain knew at the time was that there was an alien that had recently killed one of his crew and David was trying to calm it while being confronted. He was clearly weird but there is no reason to believe he was involved with the killing of the crew member (he wasn't) instead of being caught in the same position, or that he had any connection to the Aliens. They literally saw them get made.

I think the difference is that in the old movies they made it more obvious that people were deviating from procedure. In the newer ones the stupid decisions seem like the natural course of action. Also with respect to the eating, Ash told the crew he was fine and they had no reason to not believe him at that point.

He also probably felt safe because he had a gun. The character doesn't have 38 years of knowledge about facehuggers like we do.

It was still a quite annoying scene though.

>has signs of possible human habitation
that does not = is a human habitation though

Someone used to interacting with Walter wouldn't have found David's wail of distress (and telling a human "no") unusual? Didn't David even advance towards him afterwards (although he didn't get that close)? That's too weird. To say nothing of all his knicknacks and shit, synthetics arent supposed to do that sort of thing.

Your ousting people as ledditors is highly dubious

It was without a doubt scarier than Prometheus (although arguably not as "creepy"). I found myself looking at the screen through my fingers a few times.

That being said, I appreciate Prometheus 100x more after having seen it. Fuck that "main character / no character" bland bitch, amoung many other things.

I meant to reply to

Alright, I get it. You at least have some sound reasoning for your opinion which is more than I can say for the other autists. Good talk, hopefully whatever Ridley puts out next fixes some of the problems from Covenant.

Enginer head scene was scarier than anything in Covenant though.

I have a good feeling. Prometheus was Ridley coming back all rusty. In Alient Covenant he's back in shape. Still flaws, but horrid births are back in full force.
Alien Awakening will probably be a beast. Hope he lives long enough to keep making alien embryo KINO.

It's possible. There was a lot about covenant that just seemed like set up for the sequel (trequel? Not sure what you call a third installment). I liked Prometheus quite a bit, I thought it had a much better cast than Covenant. I did actually like Daniels, as well as David and Walter, but the rest were forgettable. Whereas I found Shaw, David, Vickers, Idris Elba and Weyland to be strong in Prometheus.

Covenant 2 can't be carried by David and excellent xenomorph scenes alone, the burden has gotten too heavy.

>I'm sure if you were hyperventilating at the sight of your friend having a seizure, you would have an extremely clear head about the whole thing like you do shitposting here
I'm not a woman, so yeah I think I'd be fine

I thought David was great and carried the movie, but you're right, it would be dangerous to expect him to do it again. At the very least, it seems Ridley is passionate about these movies.

I guess so. I really hate ancient aliens stuff though and I wish they'd just left the space jockeys a mystery. I'd also like a window into the Company, instead of just being on the receiving end of its villainy like all the hapless proles in the movies.

David and Walter were able to feel love? I'm pretty sure David loved Shawn in a twisted way.

>Fuck that "main character / no character" bland bitch, amoung many other things.
Literally this

David absolutely could carry a sequel. I'd rather watch a movie solo about his machinations than another "ship gets lost in X and gets attack by Xenos" movie

I can't get over how retarded every attempt to reinvint the Xenomorph is. Ridley Scott is a fucking hack. The neomorph 'backburster', the black goo, the deacon, all this shit, it's all retarded.

Are you dense? David was the main character, it's not that hard to figure out. Hell, I appreciate Covenant for doing something a little different and not having a generic protagonist arc. This is RLM nitpicking on the prequels tier ignorance.

>Step in it
>Acid blood

Good thing you're in the medlab so you can just OD afterward you fucking idiot.

am i the only one who laugh out loud when i see an "alien the franchise tm" cliché on screen used with a straight face? a motherfucker in quarantine who yells to get out? a fucking forklift to compensate for teeny human muscles to kill the alien? nobody ever heard of the aliens at the start of the movie and are totally ill prepared? play fast and loose with alien ecosystem with no protection whatsoever to contaminate or get contaminated? etc etc? are you fucking kidding me? people... are they retarded to gobble gobble that shit whole or what, wtf is going on.

>instead if chestburster now it's a fully formed, but tiny xenomorph
What in the actual fuck and who's responsible for it

youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA
no

Was more dumbanddumber than Resurrection.