Why do Republicans always obsess over Reagan? My God, the party has become the cult of a dead man. He was okay...

Why do Republicans always obsess over Reagan? My God, the party has become the cult of a dead man. He was okay, but he certainly wasn't an amazing president.

Was it the Amensty he granted to 2 million illegals?

He funded Osama and Saddam to make them into leaders on the world stage.

He brought us the first TRILLION dollar debt.

He closed down alot of government funded mental health institutions, which cause a large increase in the homeless population.

He made sure the hostages stayed in Iran until after he took the oath of office.

He capitalized on the inevitable failure of the USSR to compete with his deficit spending.

He thought that trees cause more pollution than cars.

Even the term for an economic policy to take money from poor working Americans to redistribute it to the wealthy is named after him: Reaganomics.

Opposed sanctions against apartheid South Africa.

He seemed like a funny, nice and respectful guy, but does he deserve all the praise he gets? Was he even a good president at all? Anything was better than Jimmy Carter I guess, but is he overrated Sup Forums?

Leaf, don't you think its weird that the U.S prospered under someone who wasnt a Politician their whole life.

>Really makets you think.

Because he's the only genuinely popular Republican they've had since motherfucking Theodore Roosevelt.

Jesus Christ leaf. I bet you don't know who your president was in the 80s. Why do you fags obsess so much over us.

>Even the term for an economic policy to take money from poor working Americans to redistribute it to the wealthy is named after him: Reaganomics.
>Opposed sanctions against apartheid South Africa.
these are fine tho

you're forgetting the hughes amendment, no-fault divorce and open carry ban in CA, and supporting the brady bill and AWB

He happened to be the President when the Soviet Union collapsed under its own weight which it was always going to do regardless of what the US did.

Also it's been decades since the Republicans have had a popular President in the white house.

We obsess over your history because it's actually interesting.

"Obama/Hillary/Biden had a very Reganesque speech"

That's all the media said all week.

defeated communism and ushered in the internet revolution that to this day is reshaping the world. Why Reps obsess is ability to give eloquent speech and strength/determination in getting difficult foreign policy shit done.

Opposite of Trudeau
>therefore, the earth has orbited the sun 2,016 times, therefore.

Carter being a genuinely nice guy but a major fuck up as president helped Reagan win in 1980. Four years later Reagan had done well enough to win every state over Mondale except his home state of Minnesota. The US will likely never be as united again as it was in 1984 when we re-elected Reagan. He was not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but there was little doubt that pulled the US, at least in spirit, out of the malaise that Carter's presidency had wrought.

What was so bad about Carter? He was before my time.

A man of straw, clutching at straws.

Carter took over in the post Vietnam/post Nixon era, a time where faith in the president and the government in general had been badly shaken. Carter had to deal with one crisis after another and was seen as weak and ineffective leader. American morale was at a very low point, and fair or not, Carter caught a lot of the blame for it.

Nixon was popular until watergate.
Remember he won in a landslide.

Carter is to this day the only president to openly criticize Israel. The Jews put a Hollywood puppet into office with Reagan and all the never ending wars and oligarchies Carter warned about have become business as usual.

Carter is not as bad as cuckservatives make him out to be. He was an honest man, with a good heart, and that was ultimately his downfall in the dog eat dog world of politics.

>Hillary had a very Reganesque speech

please don't tell me that anyone in the world said this with a straight face

To be fair, the reason why this country will never be that united again is Reagan and his amnesty. He stabbed conservativism in the back. Don't forget he was a gun grabber, too.

There are only a few presidents that ever fucked the country over as badly as him.

its crazy that hes still alive and kicking, just beat cancer, can walk without any severe limitations and is 91.

Well George H.W. Bush criticized Israeli settlements in the West Bank and Gaza. Coincidentally, he lost the next election. AIPAC is one of the reasons American politics are so full of corruption.

I appreciate how about a year ago he made a speech saying essentially that he was dying and that this was his last public appearance.

A couple months later his cancer is in remission and he's back on his speaking tour. It's impressive.

We don't have a president, burger

Eisenhower was fairly popular, though it's questionable whether he was a genuine Republican.

>Why do Republicans always obsess over Reagan?

He was the last qualified, intelligent, and venerable Republican POTUS.

He was such a resourceful, wise, and genteel statesman that even Barack Obama seeks to emulate Ronald Reagan, 40th president in the United States of America. May our lord almighty keep his soul in everlasting grace.