youtube.com/watch?v=7wcgKrBAAec
youtube.com/watch?v=JJsPipFh7vo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jIz1w2sKOOo
youtube.com/watch?v=NwoFMZQBsb8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It doesn't and you're an idiot

jason x

1,2,3,4 and 6 are the "good" ones.

But Friday is overrated. It's basically a shitty copy of Halloween. Some kills are fun, but the films are very repetitive.

A Nightmare on Elm Street is infinitely better.

youtube.com/watch?v=fplk4zHOpBQ

Its not "good", its fun and campy. Watch with friends, make drinking bets etc. For me its comfy kino, maybe you are too young.

what was his motivation?

>But Friday is overrated. It's basically a shitty copy of Halloween. Some kills are fun, but the films are very repetitive.

I don't see anyone discussing if the movies are original, just what movies in the franchise are considered good.

Don't expect the series to ever get good. It's campy, schlocky, b-movie fun.

Friday the 13th and Part 2 have way more in common with Italian giallo films from the 70s than they do with Halloween. After that they're definitely much more derivative 80s slasher flicks.

>but the films are very repetitive.
We're talking about slashers, you fucking idiot lol.
First four Friday the 13th are good. If you disagree you're probably a phagget.
At least try watching 3 or 4 though. He gets the iconic mask in 3, but 4 is widely considered to be the best one in the franchise, and I'm inclined to agree.

Did they specifically choose women with no ass to be in these films?

I started with hellraiser, when does it get good?

A Nightmare is also a slasher and every part is quite original with creative kills. Jason is just a boring zombie.

the videogame fucking sucks

which one

youtube.com/watch?v=ueDjKkipScs

1,2 are good.
3 is campy fun.
4 is boring shit and wasted potential.
5 is Silent Hill.
6 is shitty Silent Hill.
I don't remember 7 and 8. There was something about goth cults and video games.
9 is pic related

He was a real jerk

Oh, and I forgot to mention, part 3 has a sick theme
youtube.com/watch?v=E6P4iatMl7M

I don't get if he lived in the forest since the drowning accident or did he live with his mother till she died.

X is also good

He fucking hates teenagers since they drowned him as a child and then cut his mothers head off

Presumably in the forest. His mother killed all the camp counselors in the original movie because she blamed them for Jason's death.

>A Nightmare on Elm Street is infinitely better.

You forgot X which was pure kino that understood exactly what the series was all about

youtube.com/watch?v=mF629C5WRqU

Watch some real slashkino.
Starring Donald Pleasance and William Shatner.

It was fine, but I remember it looking really cheap. Like it was a TV movie.

4>6>X>1>2>3>7>8>9>5

>there are 9 hellraiser movies
holy shit i stopped at 5. now i know what i'm doing this weekend.

If the second and third film are anything to go by, he lived alone in the woods. Probably hunted for food, which might explain why he was so good at stalking and killing.

>9
What a stupid film. I don't know what it was, this shit, Freddy's ancient demons or the thorn curse from Halloween.

>little boy almost drowns
>face is like a mutant
what? Did it always look that way? No wonder they let him drown.

They literally drowned him because he was deformed

I don't know about you guys but seeing this scene for the first time was really fucking cool

youtube.com/watch?v=iEFhjHSVIHw

I thought they weren't paying attention and let him swim alone.

4 is the only good normal one. The rest have gimmicks that make them more fun.

nah, they threw his ass in and watched him slowly sink, kicking and screaming like a miniature sloth from the goonies the whole way down.

5 is great fuck you. The sleaze is great and only nerds complain that Jason wasn't really Jason.

Yeah, pretty sure the camp counselors were off having sex and he drowned. This was shown in Freddy vs Jason I think.

I really liked the ones with Jensen Dagget and Lar Park Lincoln but i guess those 2 women really turned me on back in the day :D.

Is Jason the most aesthetically pleasing slasher film murderer?

Threadly reminder that Part 3 would have been a much better movie if Vera and Shelly were the main characters.

>knife gets stuck
>people start attacking him
>doesn't just let go of the knife
lol

The series gets worse every time I watch it. I can't remember what I first saw in it. I guess just being 16 helped a lot.

If you don't like the first 2 don't bother. Or just watch VI and X.

hello nigger

A lot of slasher films aren't typically good if you want a heavy plot or interesting characters. Its more for the effects and the kills. Just enjoy the atmosphere, don't think too hard, and be afraid to go into your basement after 8 PM.

It's a machete you dolt.

Jason's all like "Here we go again" at the end.

Was this one any good? This one is where I think I stopped watching them. I remember watching one though where it was the future and he finds a couple camping and rolls one up in a sleeping bag and beats the shit out of other person with said sleeping bagged person. This one might have come after. Can't remember. It's been a while.

The one you're thinking of is Jason X which came out in 2001. Jason Goes to Hell isn't very good.

I think his simplicity is charming. His bulky size gives him this menacing air to him.

I agree about IV probably being the best, the first 3 are also pretty good though as these movies go. I don't really get the big deal about VI. Nothing special.

Also agree with this, love the opening credits and the 3d gimmick in III.

It was awful. It was basically totally unrelated to the franchise. It's bad to an inexplicable level really. The Jason design is cool. For years I wanted to see it for that alone, but he's only in it for 5 minutes.

Jason X, for all the flack it gets, and for all its unoriginality, was a return to roots (albeit in space).

Gotcha. I remember always wanting to see this one back then. I may give it a watch one day.

What do they use to make the "Jason" sound effect?

3 is really where the series becomes what it will be from then on. Watch it and if it's not your thing you should bail. Freddy vs Jason is fun though.

The composer said "kill" and "mother" in a microphone harshly, then cut it up and ran it through a reverb.

pls respond

>Was this one any good?
Fuck no.

It's only redeeming quality is the opening before he gets blown up to pieces.

?

Has there ever been a bigger horror movie disappointment than when Jason Takes Manhattan didn't have Jason stalking Manhattan?

Fucking bullshit still gets to me.

The movie was set up to seem like it, then the literal who ended up taking the show. I'm just mad that Shelly didn't die first.

This is now an 80s horror soundtrackino thread...

youtu.be/JDveKxl7Ohs

Yeah. Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare not being either.

>hits a cheek
>hand to the other one

Kino

Deal

youtube.com/watch?v=EIZBNSPY0P4

Good man

youtu.be/oOwqVrHl0Jo

The Friday films were not known for hiring good actors.

how hard is to touch your butt where you have just been hit?

youtube.com/watch?v=_MpkdB15t2E

Catherine Parks is easily the best Friday girl. She's got that qt Natalie Portman vibe going on.

youtu.be/cnllTVtpOlg

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7iHIz-Cahc

This is by far the best horror song to me. There's just something so perfectly melodious about it.

Is the remake of this with Dean Winchester any good?

youtube.com/watch?v=mrMLMV6E4CM

I liked it and I'm not much for watching horror remakes. It's kind of more like a sequel though, as I remember it.

I think I'll actually just rewatch both of them tonight.

That whole soundtrack to be honest

God damn trick or treat brings back memories
Great tune

fuck yeah

youtube.com/watch?v=4eqDSyw6mNk

Yeah. It's a perfectly adequate movie with the Friday the 13th formula. Which means it's better than most of the original series.

Why the fuck are you watching Friday the 13th movies if you're looking for something good?

Fuck forgot that was already posted.

Another one then:
youtube.com/watch?v=-dgbcPl6TxI

When was this a meme again?

>the movie is called JASON goes to hell
>jason is in it for 5 minutes
what? can someone explain this to me? that can't possibly be true

Turns out Jason gets blown up to pieces in the first 5 minutes of the movie; then, his remains get take into a coroner, where his charred heart "possesses" the mortuary, thus basically making this black guy the new Jason.

youtube.com/watch?v=vxy6z3H3r2o

I agree. People get too caught up on the fact that it's not Jason. Apart from that it's pretty damn good, certainly better than Jason Goes to Hell.

Does Nuke Em High count?
youtube.com/watch?v=7wcgKrBAAec

so there isnt even a single scene of jason in hell? one would assume it would be a movie about, you know, jason in hell. i cant believe a movie like this exists lmao

Yeah he goes to hell in the very end.

youtube.com/watch?v=JJsPipFh7vo

It's a piece of shit movie only good at setting up Freddy vs Jason.

Absolutely

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jIz1w2sKOOo

and your dick is still a penis you fag

youtube.com/watch?v=NwoFMZQBsb8

killing chad and stacey

Halloween>Texas Chainsaw Massacre>Friday the 13th>Nightmare on Elm Street

Him and Michael Myers both. Masked anonymous, silent killers.

I like it, but that's probably nostalgia speaking. It does have a lot of brutal death scenes though.

I like 2 though. 3 and 6 are good. 5 is bullshit but a guilty pleasure.

It was the late 70s/early 80s
Squats weren't discovered until '91