Why was he standing there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cGa-eDEqJNM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that scene freaked me out when i first saw it as a kid, i don't even know why

Did you even watch the movie? They explain it 15 minutes in

>goody two-shoes never had to stand in the corner

it's just a stylistic choice, retard

The last 5 minutes in the cabin scared me the most, probably because all you see is bloody handprints and heathers shrieking cries, plus its never good when you're the last one alive, and then down the basement where you see him standing there possessed/

gave me nightmares as a 10 year old

Danger wanking.

>possessed

Ooooh is that what we're led to believe?

Mind = blown

No, they don't. The tell a story about some guy decades ago that had children stand in the corner while he killed them one at a time. So why is this grown man doing it now? Is he possessed? Mind-controlled? Retarded?

Nothing is explained. This movie is all style and no substance.

I never took it as he was possessed or anything like that. Simply the fact that the "witch" told him to. I think this makes it more frightening than anything else. It's been a while since I've seen it, but near the beginning they are interviewing someone who was talking about the child murderer, who apparently told the children to stand in the corner and stare at the wall while he killed the others. So the children were so frightened that they would do what he says. Now scaling that up, you have to imagine how horrifying something would have to be for a grown man to just do what it says and stand in the corner while it deals with the others. That's why it worked so well and they didn't show the witch, it leaves more to the imagination which can be more frightening than anything that they can show you on screen.

He was taking a quick slash you fucking autistic cunt.

>Everything isn't clearly laid out so it's style over substance

Sup Forums really needs to end.

He was taking a piss. What, do you just whip your dick out, and piss in the middle of the room like some sort of barbarian?

I bet you hate Lynch films too

had to pee

what are even the Blair witch's powers?
-Thelekinesis (to make shit move like a jedi getting his lightsaber)
-spells? (making the forest a labrynth, kill at a distance, make it rain etc)
-does she have minions? the kids they heard when they camped at night and all the stuff outside their tents
-mind control (to make that guy stand in a corner)

THANK YOU!

Such a stupid fucking movie. I watched this 2 years ago for the first time expecting to be BTFO by how scary the movie is and it ended up just being a bunch of 20 somethings getting lost in the forest.

>the kids they heard when they camped at night and all the stuff outside
probably just mind control, making people halluzinate

>Making up your own retarded shit to greentext is an appropriate substitute for a point.

Yes, Sup Forums does need to end.

Not at all. I don't even hate this one. There's nothing with experimental styles or surrealism, though I'm not a fan.

If you knee-jerk faggots just look at the comment I was responding to, you'll notice that they make a claim that is patently false, and that's all I disagreed with. This film did NOT explain what was going on. Whether or not you agree with that decision is another question.

>piece of fiction has to explain everything in full detail or it loses points for being "style over substance"

Millennials were a mistake, I want off this ride

It's a movie about supernatural shit going on in a forest and the breakdown of a group of people.

If you need explanation as to why a man is standing in the corner at the end of the move and how it's not explained you're far too autistic to be watching a horror film.

No, John. You are the millennials.

The guy you're responding to was probably born in 1999.

Alright, retard. I'll make this even clearer for you. Here's the text of the post I responded to:

>Did you even watch the movie? They explain it 15 minutes in

That is false. It was not explained.

If you want to argue about why it wasn't explained or didn't need to be explained, do it with someone else because I don't give a shit one way or the other.

'88
but you believe whatever you want faggot

and then John demanded every move franchise explained.

Comprehension trouble?

It really worked for me. It struck me as so sad and final.

He mind was clearly tampered with it the same reason why he threw the map in the river.

>I bet you hate Lynch films too
>tfw you watch some David Lynch for the first time and realize you were too intelligent to fall for David Lynch's hack fucking meme movies and gimmicks
David Lynch is a hack worshiped by reddit.

Why were they even out in the forest anyway? And conveniently with cameras too. I can't believe they expect me to just ignore this improbable situation.

Pre order your Transformers ticket yet?

>David Lynch is a hack worshiped by reddit.

Stick your balls in a blender, you dumb cunt.

ayy

It was explained. Saw it once on release and knew exactly why he was standing like that.

I'm 27 and only just coming to this conclusion, so I can forgive you.

But Lynch is still reddit as fuck.

why was he standing there?

calling something reddit doesn't mean anything anymore when Sup Forums and reddit are homogenous

Can somebody put CIA in that pic?

Even as bad as Sup Forums might be nowadays that's still not true at all.

If they second movie is canon then you would know that once you see the blair witch you die instantly.

>Sup Forums objectively views and dissects everything to the point where they completely shun the idea of movie-magic and it's parallels to reality

bravo jew faggots

>I'm 27
>Lynch is still reddit as fuck.

So you're either lying or an absolute autist; kys just to be on the safe side.

Was the child murderer just another innocent puppet of the witch?

Lol oh yeah. Go ahead and flaunt about how you're so patrician because you actually had to force yourself to be scared, while watching a bunch of people get lost in a forest with a ghetto go pro.

I bet you jerk off to Clockwork Orange every night thinking about how normies just don't get movies the way you do.

He's having a wee

just put your head in an oven and turn up the heat

Guy was just thirsty

Real rude to interrupt desu

Except it is. Sorry you were late to the party and can't be elite anymore.

I didn't see a single witch.
I wanted my money and time back.
Shit movie.
False advertisement.

"Autist" isn't an insult to just throw at people, you insensitive prick. Fix your heart or die.

who was late, you were late, I've been here since 2005 you faggot

Was he autistic?

He just was #litty Baywatch and really needed to take piss.

Do you? I thought the wife who miscarried ended up being the witch in 2. All I can really remember is the orgy and naked ministers daughter.

>Fix your heart or die.

Suck cock by choice, faggot.

No. We're led to believe the Witch's story how she made one kid face the corner while she murdered another one. He was just under the Witch's influence.

why then?

We're talking about two different sequels lmao. I need to see the one you're talking about tho.

He's referring to 2016 Blair Witch not Book of Shadows.

If you connect all witch movies, eventually you will develope a meta yes witches mindcontrol you or they just mess with your perception.

Last witchkino i watched was the autopsy of jane doe p good myman.

he's standing in a corner, then the camera cuts out, which means the person holding it is presumably dead, just like in the folktale.

you're stupid.

>Lol

>ghetto go pro

how old are you?

phoneposters are the worse

Can't tell if bait or autist

He realized that he was just like you.

I always thought he was hanging, that would have been better

does the blair witch have a elementium skeleton?

They actually did go back and film some alternate endings after the movie was picked up by Artisan. One of them was him hanging but I guess they couldn't get it to look right.

>plus its never good when you're the last one alive
wut

>elementium skeleton
a what now?

The movie literally tells you why.

I suggest anyone who hasn't seen BWP -- or even those who have -- watch The Burkettsville Seven and The Blair Witch Curse, which were made-for-TV specials building the mythos of the movie.

It helps worldbuilding and explains things you might have questions about.

Wasn't that the point though? Leave it open to interpretation on why he just stands facing the wall while his friends are killed.

>The movie literally tells you why.
>The answers are in these other movies.

uh

>If you are literally too retarded to use the parts of your brain that draw logical conclusions based on established facts, here are sources to spoonfeed you
Better?

Yeah, and with a girl? Come on. How would they even talk to her? That's embarrassing.

Because there was a monster witch that could only attack them if they look at her.

This is explained by the second movie but I guess you didnt pay any attention? retrard

>two guys going on a camping trip with a girl in the middle of nowhere
>not immediately descending into rape and murder.

Such realism.

>this movie that was made to scare people scared me
>i don't know why tho

>Leave it open to interpretation on why he just stands facing the wall while his friends are killed.
The VVitch either forced him or told him and he was too scared to disobey.

The witch told him to

>could only attack them if they look at her
nope, the girl holding the camera is attacked by her although she looks at her friend standing in the corner
okay, let me rephrase that. while the whole movie had many elements that were freaky and gave me goosebumps, this scene in particular spooked me like nothing else in the movie. the girl with the camera entering the basement to see her friend just standing there, then her screaming his name. something about that whole bit fucked with me. is it the implication that the witch may actually be real and made him stand in the corner? or the complete freakout of the poor girl? i don't know what exactly did it for me, but that very scene made little shit his pants

>is it the implication that the witch may actually be real

I think it was well past implication at that point.

They just said in the beginning the guy who killed those kids told them to face the wall when he killed one of them. He was under the spell of the witch.

> man was possessed by witch, killed children
> man in movie gets possessed and acts the same
Wow so hard.

Takin a piss m8

The guy-standing-in-a-corner ending was just because the creators wanted something creepy and implying the supernatural, but didn't have the budget to do anything flashy. The stuff about the child killer making kids face the wall was added later when audiences at test screenings said they didn't get the ending.

Artisan also had them shoot a bunch of other endings, but they're all pretty underwhelming and generic aside from one where he seems to be hanging above the floor, crucified to a larger version of the stick men they see all over the wide. That one's actually pretty creepy.

>didn't have the budget to do anything flashy
i thought the whole concept was to go as low budget as possible? you can't really blame them for not doing flashy things. any form of cgi would have ruined the immersion of the found footage concept

We're not talking CGI. Here's some production stills from when they shot the alternate endings:
youtube.com/watch?v=cGa-eDEqJNM

thissss

>make the forest into a labyrinth

They spoonfed us an explanation in the new film. They traveled back in time.

Credits to Lynch maybe? Watched Blue Velvet lately, that particular scene made my brains move.
I remember seeing BW first time and I was sure the guy in the corner was dead, and the reason he was standing is because he was being held by the ''invisible force'', that was using his body like an evil bait, and since I was tottally submerged in the movie atmosphere, knowing that the girl is desparately searching for him, for anybody actually, because she's horrified to face nightmare alone, to face that ''unknown'' that's been killing them one by one for days, and then she's running into that cellar, screaming, absolutely terrified(as intensely as Diane in the Mullholland Drive, seconds before she kills herself just to end the unbearble horror) and before dying she realises that her last ''hope'' is long time dead, and is now a puppet in the hands of evil, that plays with her in that maze, in the middle of nowhere, and she's alone, absolutely alone now, that is when it's true to say that horror is much worse than the actual death.

Why not ?