"sorry your walkman got destroyed. here's a zune, it's what everyone's listening to music on these days"

>"sorry your walkman got destroyed. here's a zune, it's what everyone's listening to music on these days"

what was the point of mentioning the zune at the end? wasn't that from 10 years ago or something? they also mentioned that it holds 3000 songs like it's product placement, but the zune is discontinued so why would microsoft be trying to brag about it

>"it's what everyone's listening to music on these days"

no it's not. at the time, that was the ipod. and even if they didn't want to mention any specific brand name, they could have just said "mp3 player"

That's the joke you fucking autist.

That was the joke, faggot

They're out of touch with earth pop culture so they think zunes are hip

OP is a faggot

>stupid fuck doesn't get a joke

The joke is that zune ISNT what people on earth listen to these days

Oh wait this thread is just a meme pretend to be retarded thread

I legitimately didn't pick that up. that's actually pretty funny

I haven't seen this movie but it sounds fucking awful

The joke is Peter is impressed at Earth's technological progress compared to his walkman when the Zune was a piece of shit at the time.

Sorry you're a typical 16 year old Sup Forums poster and could barely read when the Zune was out.

Gunn was actually delusional enough to think this movie could twitter trend the zune back into existence. He's not giving up Groot confirmed to have a zune in part 3.

That's not true. In fact the Zune makers were butthurt over the Zune being made fun of and initially didn't want it in the movie.

All part of the plan Gunn is in bed with them and will become a rich man.

>literally too dumb for Guardians of the Galaxy
Is this why nobody on Sup Forums likes these movies?

The Zune was a commercial flop but it was certainly not a piece of shit. It suffered from being "Microsoft copy of iPod" if anything.

Russians?

i can't tell if this is a serious post or not.
but the Zune was chosen because it wasn't product placement since the device bombed harder than a plane full of muslims. in fact, Microsoft begged James Gunn to NOT use the Zune in the film. in response, not only did he use the Zune, but he started giving away autograph Zunes to fans.

i still want to know where Quill was finding AA batteries for his now broken Sony Walkman. but i guess they had batteries still. just not nuclear grade ones like the one Trash Panda stole from the golden shower people.

Is this the average intelligence of Sup Forums posters?
No wonder you guys hate BvS.

Not surprising a Disneytard can't understand a joke.

>"is mary poppins cool?"

what was the point of mentioning Mary Poppins at the end? wasn't that from 50 years ago or something? they also mentioned that "he's cool" like it's product placement, but Mary Poppins is really old so why would disney be trying to brag about it

>"heck yeah he's cool"

no she's not. at the time, that was James Bond. and even if they didn't want to mention any specific character, they could have just said "nanny who can fly with her umbrella"

Yes, autism is why no one on Sup Forums likes any of the things their boards are about.

I owned a zune and still use the zune media player for music to this day. I like the interface and was too retarded to set up foobar.

I think in one of the interviews, Gunn and Pratt said that they were Zune users during the iPod craze. I think it was just a general nostalgia joke by them.

Mary poppins sequel is coming out next year

Look it up

Zune was actually pretty cool, even the software, except the obese one. Why does MS likes making fat shit?

You know that post was just a joke making fun of OP, right user?

Dude it was clearly to show that the movie isn't taking place in the future, but in 2010 or whenever the first Iron Man movie took place, when the Zune was still a thing.

#mindblown

>where Quill was finding AA batteries for his now broken Sony Walkman. but i guess they had batteries still.

Do you honestly believe that batteries are a rare commodity and difficult to find?

>didn't pick that up
WEW

zune users were the most easily butthurt tech community back when it was a thing. top kek that they're still crying about it.

I just assumed it was a joke, I honestly didn't know if Zunes still existed. The Dairy Queen on the other hand

I think the user believes that standard alkaline & lithium batteries no longer exist in that time period.

I liked my zune more than my friends ipods, but i think that was because of my ocd music files

i was a fan of my Creative Zen player. it was roughly the size of a pack of stick gum. fuck apple and their faggy heavy bullshit. but eventually the Zen was replaced by my phone. i wonder if vinyl records will pop up in the third Guardians film.

I honestly didn't know what a Zune was so it went over my head. Thank you for explaining this joke to my stupid ass.

How did they keep it charged and where did he get batteries for the Walkman?

t. Drax

kek'd

What the fuck I got the joke now, this is why it's so full of quips, so average (retarded) people understand the jokes, he just said the line so naturally.

t. retard

Why didn't he give Peter Quill orange slices?

>they can't get/replicate simple tech from earth
This is why they dumb down the humor in these movies.

why was Drax complaining about his nipples when it's clear he doesn't possess any?

I'm surprised they didn't do a full tv series. Going around fixing people's problems
Would be comfy

There was something that I didn't quite understand: why did Quill choose to be Pac Man when squaring off with Ego? Shouldn't he have chosen Samus or Master Chief?

I love Dairy Queen, but when it comes to their Blizzards, the only flavor I have ever enjoyed is the M&M one. It was with both excitement and nervousness that I ordered one of their Guardians Awesome Mix Blizzards, and let me tell you, I can eat one of these things every single day.
This thing even appeals to the Collector in us, as DQ has five collectors cups right now as well depending on what size Blizzard you order. These are just their regular cups with Guardians pictures on them, but as an avid Collector of food tie-ins and things of that nature, they are must-gets. I got a small, and got the Gamora cup. They have a pint-size as well, that I am sure you can guess who is on that oneā€¦

Quill has the pop culture knowledge of a 10 year old from the 80s

Those characters wouldn't be ironic enough. Adam Sandler knew this.

Earth is in a different galaxy so it makes sense they wouldn't be going there regularly.

Starlord's mom's ashes?

>tongue-in-cheek joke on reality
>Sup Forums loses its mind

No it isn't you dumb fuck.