Endtown:. Donut day 2016

Mental out of service sign edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=3097
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"We were at Six Flags... I stepped away to get cotton candy... and I lost them..."

You've reached the mind of Holly. She's not in at the moment. Please leave your message after the tone.

Looks like it's beginning to hit Holly.

Besides Doc she just lost everything. Even besides family, the house, and whatnot I'm sure APEX has conveniently declared her dead and frozen her assests already.

>Beeep

Huh, okay. "Who are you?", not "What are you?"... so he didn't know she was Holly, but he also wasn't immediately going to identify her as a "monster", meaning, perhaps, that he really does know more about the mutations, like that earlier scene suggested.

If they have been happening sporadically for a year, could he have already secretly treated anthros before they, escaped, were taken away or destroyed? Maybe he's part of an underground railroad already and that's how they're going to get to Endtown...

That thousand yard stare... she's worse than she was in the bathroom scene, when she was just floating along in a sort of cloud of detached disbelief. It's all catching up with her, and it looks like her brain's just suffered a jam, or an overload.

>Missing pet signs.

That seems like the kind of thing that comes up later, huh?

The thousand yard stare is never a good sign

>The face of Holly at panel three
>The face of horror of Doc for knowing that the mouse is Holly

Aaron did say that the animals started disappearing...

Christ, and it's only gonna get worse from here.

Think Aaron's gonna show her progression to sanity once she gets to Endtown?

Well, he's not an idiot. He can see she is a mouse-woman so he can skip that question, and she did drag him out of a car and through a field of buddibomb so it wouod be rude to not give her some degree of acknowledgement.

I always thought thousand yard stare meant a pointed accusatory look people give to other people.

Doc's nose seems to be phasing out of reality in panel 4.

Oh good, I was hinting at that.

Honestly, I had forgotten if that was one of those spoiler things I should share or not. If buddibomb and apex robots are domestic let's then maybe that explains why bombs are so loyal to their users and react to perceived dangers. They aren't really programmed besides basic functions and the rest is instinctive behavior from the let's brain. That's kind of horrorifying really.

Aaron's suggested as much, hinting something more than mere bomb radiation happened to the animals.

My guess is that for every X humans who mutate (or maybe just mutate into anthros), Y animals go missing, possibly providing some key component - the information on how the body must be changed to become an anthro must come from somewhere, after all. I mean it could be in the virus' genome, if it really is a biological virus (which I doubt), but that would be a massive, massive genome.

See, I wonder if the animals were getting infected early? Maybe they turn into something else unidentifiable, just phase out of reality or crumble to nothing.

Nah, it's a phrase that popped up to describe victims of shell shock.

An unfocused stare that goes right though you out to some other place and time they can't escape.

>Think Aaron's gonna show her progression to sanity once she gets to Endtown?
I suppose unless Aaron wants us to deduct that she used furry magic to get better.

It hurts to watch Aaron break best mouse for two solid months

Interesting

No, a "thousand yard stare" is a look a person gets when their eyes are focused on nothing in particular - looking like they're focused on some point a thousand yards distant.

Viruses don't work like that!

>implying is a virus at all

What if it is in fact not a virus, but some other agency causing the mutations?

>crumble to nothing.

Background Amesworth from weapons used in foreign nations, drifting across the planet? I mean, there's that theory that it works by weakening morphic fields... maybe lesser animals with less of a concept of "self" just crumble, but their damaged fields hang about, trying to fix themselves by sticking to compatible humans until there's enough invading field scraps to overwhelm the host and forcefully alter their very physical identity...

I know. That's why I doubt it's an actual virus.

But then, Aaron's not exactly a scientific guy, I mean, he emphasises the role of trees in atmospheric oxygen production in that one scene, when I'm pretty sure about 80% of our oxygen production comes from oceanic algae, so you know, I think we're running on Hollywood Biology anyway...

Not 80% but majority yes. That's not the point of that scene though. Jim and Sarah mention that "IF EVERYTHING" got wiped out there would've been only 4 years of air left.

And that's Topsider guesstimate.

If you want to point out Aaron's a bit unscientific approach to things, you might want to go into the fact that Mutant that comes out of a topsider does not match the mass of the original topsider violating mass transfer laws.

the only things on earth that kind of, sort of manage to change DNA are viruses and radiation, which is why pop entertainment loves to use them as instant monster creating formulas.

most sensible thing would be a compound of a few factors with a dash of "fucking magic"

who knows, maybe most of the mutant is actually air pockets and they are gelatinous instead of solid.

Yeah, but if "everything" got wiped out, what's using up the oxygen? Organic life looks to have been decreased in equal proportion whether plant or animal... so I'd think they'd have way more than four years of air left, considering the size of the atmosphere (even if you only include the denser regions) and the reduction in the population, even if it was slowly running out. I'll just chalk that up to a "writers vs. scale" issue, I guess.

Never saw it as including the ocean in that "everything" anyway, since they immediately went on to imply green land and it seems like the nations of the world would have concentrated on bombing each other, rather than the oceans.

Of course, it could have something to do with the dust - if it washed into the oceans and blocked enough light it could kill plenty of photosynthetic stuff.. of course, being organic, if it didn't block much light it probably would have caused algal blooms instead...

(Also I checked after I wrote that and apparently estimates range from 50% to 85% of oxygen coming from oceanic phytoplankton).

And I always thought the mass-shifting was another clue that there's something freaky and supernatural going on... maybe all the mass from the anthros somehow gets added to the eatbeasts?

Actually, apparently this is an answered question:

scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=3097

A few hundred years with other animals around, a thousand or so with just humans says one estimate, and that seems to be assuming the current population. Another says a few hundred at least. In the world of Endtown, with humanity massively reduced, you'd probably get a fair bit longer.

So holly break down again before unity arc is because she thinks that was losing Clive (she actually lost him) and wally

just clive

I'm really having a hard time trying to understand what you just say

I mean even Sarah and Jim comments how the 'guestimates' are stupid. Don't really put much value into topsider "Research" as it's mostly smokescreens and fearmongering.

And yeah the latter suggests supernatural.

I'm trying to say is holly reopened his wounds wen she lost Clive and feel losing wally to kirbee

>losing wally to kirbee

she has no idea about the kiss, or about his feelings towards her... Aaron said this himself

Fun thing, if you compare the Doc of this page with the one in the OP you will notice that he doesn't have his mostache.

She don't know about the kiss but she knows how close kirbee and wally were getting in the desert

>that feel when you don't feel no more

fug

>They are talking!
>That bitch!

suicide much?

>i will prove to wally how much better i am!
>by possibly killing myself and endangering everyone...

In all fairness, Holly has eaten less children than Kirbee has.

What, you think she let a perfectly good fish go to waste?

waste is a sin, user...

>Miriam might have gotten out alive

only to get blasted by topsiders...

they were bitches, but i thought they were perfectly fuckable.

>I don't need safety gloves because I'm Wally Wall-

>wanting to fuck a 9 iron in a wig

Needs freckles

Shouldn't it be "Holly Holl-" since she was the one who went full Grimes?

If she didn't waste and was not a sinner... why did JimGod say this?

>curly hair and freckles
You have very nice taste user.

we are all born sinners, user... fire will cleanse their sins.

It wasn't their fault, it was just the awful society they were stuck in.

Like pre-mutation Holly.

meg's still shit though.

Yeah but she's my shit.

they seemed to be pretty ok with it

being banged all day, laying giant eggs and eating them
pretty much too far gone into their lizard instincts by then.

She is one of the few named Endtown girls who has not made any contact with Wally and as a result is not dead or broken.

Makes me wonder what Doc did the first time

fuck her, she made my waifu feel baaad.

She's gonna spend the next two or three years trying to get over this.

Makes sense.

Maybe the missing pets have sonething to do witn the schism syndrome. Maybe holly will go through it and revert somehow. Either way might be cool

Linda was pretty okay with the mutant hunting.

They're all messed up when surrounded by people making them think they're doing the right thing.

Metamorphic polyfields aside, anthro mutants happening because a random animal disappears somewhere and merges with a sleeping human sounds pretty stupid.

Haha time for casserole

trips demand it! Post Casserole!

Casserole is Best Husbando!

-Holly

The casserole was the only one not to betray Holly.

I bet what made her so fixated on Clive was that her baby was going to be named Clive.

Or she is going to see some abandonment hard and determine to never be like that.

>a random animal disappears somewhere and merges with a sleeping human

more like a random animal is turned to dust via Amesworth Radiation, and a particle is wafted through the air to influence a mutation.

..or that Clive was genuinely helpless and she felt sorry for him?

because he was unplugged, i'm pretty sure he would have told her to fuck off just like chic did.

I doubt names had much to do with it. Clive was just a replacement for the baby.

And Wally was just a replacement for Lyn.

>And Wally was just a replacement for Lyn.

i'm pretty sure wally was a replacement for the baby as well...only that he literally got casted aside for clive when holly found it and got attached to it.

Clive a shit. Petey is best casserole.

We never did find out what happened to the other transporter brain Petey rescued.

I still find amanzing how Petey managed to overthrow a rocket with his hands

Maybe in the next story arc

I still wonder the reason behind that tho. Why Chic wanted to stay in Unity? he knowed that he wasn't loved there, I suppose that it was a question of honor, funny, in that aspect he resemble his father.

>chic is 5 years old and has honor
>Holly is 40 and cares only for a casserole

Holly confirmed for SanFran SJW!?!?

Holly looks really fucking hot here.

i guess...

Ok

What? I doubt that Holly is that old, and she was just projecting her trauma in Clive. Also I really want to know how much mutation affect the newborns, Chic is very intelligent to be only 5 years old.

damn, you really have it out for Holly...

Holly is a cunt who never loved Wally. Wally is right to move on.

Wally's not moving on user, as much as id like him to.

>Holly is a cunt who never loved Wally.
That's just assumptions, I recommend you to wait the flashback to end to see it if you are right

That's kinda baseless.

She clearly loves him very much, evidence from the 6 years of comics they are together.

Clive is her, not the baby.
If people only see Clive as what he looks like, then people are going to do the same to Holly.
She's human and so is Clive.
They're just a little mutated.

Kirbee and Wally not seeing Clive as human is the same to her as them not seeing her as human.

well, within the comic's time line it's only been two years.

I think that Clive saying to Holly that she wasn't a human anymore has also something to do with her attachment to him.

You missed the part where Holly's guilt and her severe traumatic experiences are resurfacing

I just caught up with the comic and I can say I'd take Holly and her stubborn devotion over Kirbee and her ditzyness any day.

So you just finished? well, share your experiences with us: what did you like? what not? some moment that made "clip" with you?

>i just finished reading the comic

>lets waifu fight!

Loved it until Mary Sue Marx showed up, although he wasn't as bad as some of these threads have let on.

Ignored the Flask backstory at first, but went back to read it out of curiosity and actually liked it some.

I loved Linda's story, made the trial hit a lot harder

I have nothing but seething hate for the lizards. They are irredeemable monsters and got what they deserved. Kirbee was the only one who was exempt from that, although the comic makes it clear she's supposed to be an idiot so I'm not sure if it counts. The rats were more sympathetic.