How can I bring my sci-fi fan boyfriend who'd never watch anime to take a look at avatar?

How can I bring my sci-fi fan boyfriend who'd never watch anime to take a look at avatar?

Avatar isn't really anime for me so I think he should really give it a try. But how do I tell him? What should I say when he say's he doesn't like anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RljrzItdRGo
youtube.com/watch?v=EMDWxmhtxDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just tell him it isn't fucking anime. Because it's not.

He'll just say that it's for kids but it's sooo good.
I always have to tear up when I think about the final.

When forcing people to watch cartoons - You have to be at a loss for something better to watch, and willing to marathon episodes between major plot points.

I read your blog and I don't know, one would assume you'd be able to actually talk to your boyfriend without the help of a viatnamese surboarding discussion website and just tell him it's not anime.

>Avatar isn't really anime for me
It's not anime full stop. Can your bf really not spend 20 minutes with you?

OP, dump his ass if he's not even willing to try something that you say is really good. Assuming you have similar taste in entertainment otherwise.

>You have to be at a loss for something better to watch
>implying anything is better than Avatar

>Coercing you boyfriend to watch anything.

What a jerk.

>Implying that wanting to share experiences with a loved one doesnt extend to media

Watching stuff together is a very basic requirement for a relationship. I would expect any functional couple to at least give it a chance if their SO wants to share something with them.

This doesn't apply to couples that just use each other for sex and hate each other, like most old people.

I hate anime and I liked avatar for the most part though some of it did bother me. It's not anime.
Are you really that stupid or just trying to bait?

It is basically an anime. Yeah it's not from Japan but if someone doesn't like anime they probably won't like Avatar.

>at a loss for
No please don't understand me wrong I haven't even asked him yet but he doesn't like steven universe that's ok for me.
I just want the right start with avatar this time.

Why would you date someone who shits on something you like

sry because of that greentext I...
My english isn't perfect I had to google that and I somehow pasted it in that post.

>refuses to watch outside of preferred genre
Your boyfriend sounds like a filthy pleb. Tell him to stop being a snob and to expand his horizons. Holy shit.

Shuu
That's not true
We watched Lost together because I knew he din't watch it.
We watch stargate together because he watched it and I think it's cool.
So I'm just worried he is a little afraid of cartoons.

Ask any of the idiots who would date literally anyone who would agree to date them and then whine how all women are normies and don't like what they like. But to answer your question, you don't have to both like every single thing as long as you have enough in common and can just ignore the things you don't like.

One fellatio per episode.

they're like 20min.
I do much but I don't think I can do like 20 a day.

Not during the episode, dumbass.

I meant we would watch multible a day.

While not anime, I'd try to demonstrate how similar it is to anime. Compare artstyles, and if you can, try to compare avatar characters to characters in animes he watches.

Is that a problem?

It's still different enough, though it does have similarities. I'm saying this as a person who can't stand any actual anime. And you should probably reread the OP.

>Implying insisting after the person is not interested using your monogamous sexual and romantic relationship as a justification for why someone should do something they don't want to do isn't extremely selfish and shitty
>implying you see your SO as anything but a ln extension of yourself
Amatonormativity a fucking shit

Op here.
Thanks and all but.
I don't want to know if avatar is anime nor if I should brake up with him.

I love him and I don't care if it's anime.
I never saw him watching cartoons nor anime.
Sooooo how do I tell him it's better then he thinks? How would you tell somebody to wath something you think they may be not into at first.

>Avatar is generally considered well written for a cartoon. The episodes are fairly short and while it definitely gets better later I want you to watch a few episodes and see if maybe you like it.
It's not rocket science.

My daily struggle. Worst case scenario is them after several months recommending you to watch what you recommended them to watch previously. Absolute worst: they recommended you based on some e-celeb who did a review on it.

But I still think fellatio can work.

are you the same felatio guy from before or just another one?
I want to know because... reasons.

If that's the only way you can convince people to do something then I don't see why you should even bother trying.

>fellatio guy
That doesn't sound right, but if you mean then yes.

I don't like an I'm with the exception of Fullmetal alchemist. The first series.
Avatar is my favorite show of all time. I even just bought the complete series at Walmart last night.

Start with LoK so he will get attacked to the fapbait and the hate.

Atached*

Fucking autocorrect

Tell him it has the voice of aku, a 12 year old girl daredevil, death in a children's cartoon, a very well written character in zuko, delicious brown, the most based iroh, jack desena, her?, and awesome fight scenes.

>Tell him it has the voice of aku
>the most based iroh
Aren't those the same?

You sicken me. Only watch Korea after and only if he liked it enough to still like it after Korea takes a shot over it.
Breaking the avatar cycle still really upsets me. I can forgive a lot in that show but not that.

Tell him not to judge it because its a cartoon, or because "its for kids". Have him watch the first episode, and put aside his preconceived about cartoons and TV, and just judge it by its content, storytelling, and characters.

If he refuses to watch animated material in general, you're probably not going to get him to watch anything animated, because he'd be one of those plebs who go
>I only watch mature shows for mature people such as myself

And is entirely a lost cause.

I mean iroh as a character is based as fuck. And yes. That was mako. May he rip in peace.

If he likes sci-fi, perhaps you should start with it?

I would propose Cowboy bebop. It's close to that, and people like it no matter if they like anime or not.

Or perhaps some self-contained animation is best. DC have plenty of animated movies.

Well fellatio guy.
xD Thanks for your advice.

OP Update.
So I asked him and then he actually wanted to read this thread.
And he will give it a try. Not today but soon. Thanks guys. And fellatio guy.

Why not make him watch Sci Fi anime instead of Korean cartoons made for a dumb american audience?

I know it sounds crazy. But think it over; the fapbait is even more powerful than ATLA, and his hate by the end of S01 will be so great that he will definitely keep watching. The point IS to be disappointed.

Just to clarify, it can be done not per episode, but also per session. Consider it.

"Anime" is just a japanese term or animation

Fucking Toy Story is considered anime there

Christ, if you're going to be a weeb, at least get your weeb terms right

What is this

You're not a very complicated person aren't you?

Show him this
If he's still not interested, dump him.
He's literally gay and needs to explore new things. Like Sokka and Zuko

'Anime' became a term for japanese animation

No, I am not very funny one.

Just tell him if he watches a few episodes you'll suck his dick. Or lick his asshole or whatever the fuck he's into.

Anime might mean animation in japan but we use that term specifically for japanese animation every where else, a "weeb" would actually use the word how the japanese use it, retard.

Not him, but it works on any men.

Only by retards and idiots who don't know any better

Just because a bunch of people use it doesn't automatically make it right

But most don't feel the need to constantly mention it.
Nobody cares, go back to Sup Forums.

>But most don't feel the need to constantly mention it.
That's why only one guy mentioned it?

You do realize the Oxford dictionary disagrees with you, right?

Why do people always think a gf wouldn't be into his fetishes.
Like, is it really that uncommon?

Depends what fetish.

The fuck are you even on about you silly bitch

That's why I said that he's not a very complicated person.

Rude. You should apologize.

I don't really understand what you mean?

Well, ok I have to admit it would take a lot for me to do waterspor0st. But I'm fine with most other things.

>Why do people always think a gf wouldn't be into his fetishes.

Nobody said that. You might be all about eating his ass. The thought of his tight pink pucker might fill your every waking moment. The last few minutes of work might agonize you as you can't wait to rush him and bury your face in his hairy cheeks. They just said you could use it to your advantage.

They mean that nobody even said anything that would be a good response to. It isn't to the post it quoted.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
It's pretty interesting and makes great reaction images. Bit slow though, so some people call it Boring Germans in Space.

I know that

But why is it being posted on Sup Forums?

I should've asked "what is what?" shouldn't I?

Don't give him any penis until he bends to your will.

I just finished watching avatar for the first time ( I started watching it ten years or so ago back when I was 16 on nickelodeon and for some reason never finished it, only got halfway through the fire book) and holy shit was that beautiful. It's one of the most gorgeous cartoons I've ever seen.

Now I'm watching korra for the first time. I have extremely low hopes but I like the art and my country's dub is pretty good.

Just tell your fucking idiot fagbomb that if he doesn't watch avatar he's missing out on one of the greatest cartoons made in the last twenty years.

Holy fuck korra is hot but annoying
you guys weren't kidding about the fapbait

I miss aang
he was cool

Don't worry you'll see and hear about Aang on LoK. You might not like it though.

It's okay

things are good only because they end, if they didn't they'd become boring

But still I just wish korra was more like aang, like in general
who needs a strong indipendent lesbian that don't need no man
man even zuko was more likable

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SHE DESTROYED THE WIND SPINNING DOOR THINGS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCKING KORRA

SHUT THE FUCK UP
YOU TEEN
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP
GOD
FUCK
YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER
JUST LISTEN TO THE FUCKING MASTER
JESUS CHRIST I WANNA STRANGLE HER

NOBODY TOLD ME KORRA WOULD BE THIS BAD

I honestly liked her besides the sudden lesbianism, and bryke not wanting her to win.

how can you like her
she's a fucking cunt

she's like
one of those needy annoying american 16 year old girls

Just don't see it that way. T be fair though book 2 portrayed atrocially

I'm like at book 1 episode 3 and I already hate her guts

Well it's most likely not going to get better for you then.

but she hot as fuk

calm down, tumblr

I wont blow your dick till you watch it

Y'all ready for a real answer?
If he's into sci-fi, he's probably into Star Wars.
ATLA is just Kung-Fu Magic Star Wars.
Aang is Luke, Katara is Leia, Sokka is Han, Zuko is Vader, Ozai is the Emperor.
Book 1 is ANH, Book 2 is Empire, Book 3 is Jedi.
ATLA was purposefully written to follow the Campbellian Monomyth, just like the original Star Wars movies. The parallels are all over the place.

>How can I bring my sci-fi fan boyfriend who'd never watch anime to take a look at avatar?

By showing him Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

>but what about avatar?

What about avatar?

>ATLA is just Kung-Fu Magic Star Wars.
I always thought the avatar was more like kung fu action jesus, actually.

youtube.com/watch?v=RljrzItdRGo

>avatar was more like kung fu action jesus
He is. And Luke Skywalker is lasersword spaceship Jesus, and Jesus is Frankincense, 40 Fish and Sleep in a cave for 3 Days Jesus.
Monomyth, son.

Why don't you just get him to watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes instead?

Not only is it a great sci-fi piece, but it'll convert him to anime so you'll be able to watch many more shows with him (including Avatar). If you're a grill and he's straight, he'll be impressed by the manly attitudes and heterosexual hot-bloodedness on display. If you're a faggot and he's gay, there is no show with more top tier husbandos to root for. The logic is impeccable.

The only risk is if you are a grill he might turn gay for Reinhard von Lohengramm and ditch you.

>If he's into sci-fi, he's probably into Star Wars.
Star Wars is the cancer of sci-fi

>sci-fi fan boyfriend who'd never watch anime
dropped
I mean seriously, a sci-fi fan who's never watched Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Neon-Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Tri-gun, Serial Experiments Lain, Steins-Gate, Patlabor, Armored Trooper Votoms the list goes on and on.

Honestly he sounds like a pleb.

Have him watch this and then introduce him to the show. Perhaps he can yet be saved

youtube.com/watch?v=EMDWxmhtxDc

Korra still has some great fight scenes in it. Weirdly Korra's are actually the worst, but season three has some great stuff with the Red Lotus and once le metalbender fascist gets going she gets some good stuff too.

LONDON

>great fight scenes
literally the least interesting part of avatar
take the finale of ATLA for example. It's 70% fighting, but there's a meaning to that.
Korra instead is 70% figthing for the sake of showing off their disgusting CGI moves.

>how do I get my boyfriend to watch Avatar
>Here! Here is a list of my favorite anime! It's quite a patrician's taste, I assure you.
What's wrong with you autistic fuckos?

>literally the least interesting part of avatar
I can't agree with you on that. Any wuxia thing is going to have centrepiece fight scenes and they are a strong part of the appeal. Additionally, I think a lot of the great animation in Avatar comes from the fight scenes. The fight scenes are charged with emotional meaning more often in the first one for sure, I'm not disputing, but I can still enjoy the ones in Korra for what they are.

>expecting non-autistic responses on a chinese fingerpainting imageboard, even in the hugbox that is Sup Forums

>literally the least interesting part of avatar

You're an idiot.

even weird food-related fetishes?

>getting mad at her smallest fuck up

Wait.. he doesn't like Gundam? did he ever try to watch it?