You wake up in Kentucky

You wake up in Kentucky

rude

that was a good thread

if there's no zoning laws you get different types of houses

I remember this, an user was the neighbour of this freak right?

>It’s literally illegal to build your own house in Europe

Sucks for you guys. Now excuse me while I make some homemade moonshine in my self-built trash house.

it's just fallout 4

Kentucky is a state
Kentucky is a state...
All people there are dicks
Kentucky is a state!

>there are still people not living in apartments

>it's illegal to build your own house in Europe

Since when?

adoorable house

No, you should feel bad about that pun.

if you own land in the netherlands, what's the cheapest you can build a house?

don't you have to get triple paned windows and an insulated foundation?

I go to KFC

We have rules you have to follow. But I'm allowed to just build a house myself, according to those rules.
With current rules it is indeed triple glazing, floor heating and an air circulation system.

Which isn't bad, only the air circulation system is a jewish trick, but if you build your own home you can design it with little vents and windows that open, so you can air your house by opening your windows (which you barely can in mass produced modern houses)

sure looks comfy

Modern houses in Netherlands don't have windows you can open?

how much does that cost though? don't you need licensed trades people for electric, plumbing and gas lines?

here there's a big difference between living in a municipality with building codes which make a new built house cost 300k and a prebuilt 100k with electrical and water/sewage access and going your own way out of a municipality and doing whatever you want without those

there's still tricks like needing building approval for a mortgage, but you can still buy land for 50k and set up a basic cabin for 30k

Barely. Like 2 per floor at most. It's for the insulation.
That's why you need an air circulation system (which comes with an expensive contract to maintain).

You can do it yourself completely, but they might check it.
If I would do it, I would hire a plumbing company to do the water lines and do the electricity myself, as I'm a certified electrician.

>Barely. Like 2 per floor at most. It's for the insulation.
What the fuck. My dad just replaced all ~20 windows and sliding doors in his house and of those there are literally two that don't open.

It's bullshit I know.
But I'm currently sitting in my parents place, there isn't a single window that opens, we have to open a sliding door to vent.

What's the obsession with grass in America? They have space for gardens in the front and in the back of their houses and they leave it barren

It's a boomer thing

Is it legal to install more opening windows if you're not planning to do anything with the house financially?

There are countries where it's illegal to modify your own house?

>efficiently designed
>uniform
>ordered
>no personality whatsoever

Commie subdivizions should appeal to you, Klaus

>There are countries where it's illegal to modify your own house?
Every area with a building code has a list of things that you can and/or can't do to your house without permission.

I think so, but your energy label will go down and also you'll use more to heat your house.

a window that opens is not going to have the same insulation as a window that does not, euros pay a bunch for electricity and gas heating so it matters more for them

Yeah, but you also save on cooling for 3/4 of the year.

>gas heating

We use the municipality hot water supply.

Insulation works two ways. A well isolated house, with some cooling and heating capacity stays at the right temperature all year round without using much power.

At the price of fresh air.

overheating only is an issue a few days a year

That's why they install air circulation systems. That pulls in fresh air, filter and heat/cool it, into the air and sucks out the old air and pumps it out.

That's not fresh air, then.

>Moves to Weymouth,ma

How isn't that fresh air?

don't know if you don't have it, or didn't understand it

most of the heat in air is in moisture, a heat exchange system absorbs this of air going out, and puts it in air going in

3/4 of the year in northern europe you don't need cooling, maybe 1/3 of the time

is that recycled heat?

>is that recycled heat?
Yes. There is some powerplant near by, the rest heat of that heats the water we get. We don't get gas in houses.

In newer parts of town the system also uses the rest heat of commercial buildings to heat the water.

besser als Tambow

>illegal
Could you please explain that?

I assume you've never been to central/eastern europe