X-men in the Marvel world

DC fan here. I've read a lot of Spider-man and a few X-men comics but I'm confused as to how the X-men can coexist in the Marvel world without everyone labeling the other heroes as Mutants. I'm sure there have been threads on this but I've missed them. Besides the obvious ones like Iron man, or Captain America, how can the public or the government tell or discriminate which heroes are Mutants and which are just people with super powers? Has anyone like Jameson or Kingpin tried call Spider-man a mutant or anything? Or hell what about the Hulk or the Fantastic Four? The people hating one group and not all doesn't seem to make any sense.

Mutants haven't really made sense since like the 80s.

You probably never read stories when Avengers got shit for having mutant members. You also missed the part when Spider-Man was called a mutant menace. You also missed the part when Reed Richards had to hide his son from the mob

Grnat Morrison realized it was retarded and gave us a solution: there's a sentient extraterrestrial bacteria that can control humans without an X-Gene, so it instills an inherent genetic hatred for X-Gene carriers so that it can achieve total world domination.
One of his most underrated contributions to comcis tbqh.

Reed is an idiot. He should've used frank richards' powers to make everyone like mutants.

the problem isnt that there is heroes in the world. the problem is that there is a better race that can destroy us.

As simply put as possible

Mutants are born with their powers and are the next step in evolution.

Heroes acquire powers through experiments or accidents.

The mutant allele will be passed on and overtake humanity without intervention and that scares humans.

Anyway you could direct me to any of these stories? They sound really interesting

Read Marvels

Thanks, this actually answers part of my question

It gets even more stupid when you realize that on top of living in a world where just about anybody can randomly get superpowers, they live in a world where all of those other superpowered persons hostile non-human, alien and interdimensional threats exist.
Mutation isn't a drawback in the slightest under those pressures. It's literally humanity's best chance at survival.

Secret Wars II tie-ins
Inferno tie-ins
Avengers #113
Eight Day event
Incredible Hulk #316-350
whole Busiek's run of Avengers has a lot of forgotten X-Men plots and villains

keep in mind that I'm improvising, given time, I would give you more.
Heck, Howard the Duck starts with JJJ asking Pete to make photos of this new mutant looking like a duck

It's the mutants best chance of survival. Those filthy humans would be wiped out.

That's not an answer. Marvels is just as fucking retarded about it as anything else.

Mutants are humans.
Anybody with a high-school understanding of Biology gets this.

also, after a little search
Avengers #178 - perfect story for X-Men fans
there are more, I am a little too drunk to post it.

*hick*
fuck off

believe it or not, but I was ready to post it my whole life

But wasn't Beast controlled by the bacteria in the future arc Morrison had at the end of his run?

>that's the point

people bitching about isis and the muslamoids when americans kill each other more than anyone else kills them

please, we all try to forget morrison's retarded ideas

Thats actually the exact opposite of what you said. Anyone with a high school understanding of Biology would get this, but luckily for you I have a college level understand of Biology.

Mutants are called mutants due to the mutated allele that gives them their powers. They are homo superior not homo sapiens. I guess I should have specified that homo sapiens are doomed. Homo superior would thrive. Much like how homo sapiens wiped out all the neanderthals, homo superior would inevitably do the same to homo sapiens or homo sapiens would just become recessive and homo superior would become dominate.

I always thought that humans in the Marvel universe could look up to Captain America or Spiderman and think that if they were under certain circumstances and if they were bit by a radioactive spider, that they also could be a superhero. Mutants are just born with powers and a regular person could never be like them. Besides when a human sub-species names themselves homo superior, that is going to rub homo sapiens the wrong way.

Fuck off Trask

>It's literally humanity's best chance at survival.
For the one who are mutants. The rest is scared because they know they are doomed. The thing is that with superheroes, you dont know shit about them except that they save people and stand for justice.If you knew them,if they lived next door, you would get scared of the people you once idolized because them being like you means that they can also do the bad stuff that you do or wish you could do but on a much bigger scale.

Okay:
Superpowered people are a minority. Not everyone has superpowers in the Marvel world. Don't overexagerate things and say "anyone can get a power" because it doesn't happen.

Mutants are a very large group of people in every single country with varying powers/strengths with some who commit terrorism and proclaim their superiority.

I recollect that Ultimate Spider-Man also had parts where people accused him of being a mutant.

That is retarded.

People hate Mutants for the same reason people hate extremists/terrorists. Some of them proclaim their superiority and kill people. Only these people have powers.

>They are homo superior not homo sapiens.
Mutants are humans as they can produce viable offspring together. These offspring then have a change of being human or mutant. Effectively they are the same species. Homo superior is just a catchy phrase not to be taken so literally.

You only need 1 telepath to destroy our world.
Imagine, ONE telepath in our world. Think how much it would change everything

Mutants are our gods user.

>I recollect that Ultimate Spider-Man also had parts where people accused him of being a mutant.
you recollect correctly. surprisingly, ultimate universe addressed a lot of problems that people accuse x-men of

They are not, fuck off you fucking degenerate.
You got cucked by the sjws, I pity you.

>You only need 1 telepath to destroy our world.
Dont these guys have chronic headaches or something? Dont worry about it.

>Dont these guys have chronic headaches or something?
only if the telepath is woman. You know, that time of the month....

>homo superior is just a catchy phrase

Oh son, how wrong you are. I bet you think homo sapiens are the only humans that have existed. There were Homo erectus, Homo floresiensis, Homo habilis, Homo heidelbergensis, Homo naledi, Homo neanderthalensis. Homo sapiens either wiped them out or evolution ran its course and the genetic traits were not passed on causing the species to die. The same would hold true for homo superior and homo sapiens. Theyd either wipe humanity out or breed to the point that homo superior would become the dominant species due to the X allele being carried on the X chromosome.

Marvels has the best answer I've heard so far.
This question gets asked all the fucking time.

Heroes reborn flopped fucking hard so they'll never split them again

Starting to think you fucks don't want an answer. You guys dumb or pushing some kinda head canon?

Read some comics or fuck off

>it's okay to wipe someone if it's homo sapiens
fucking flatscans

Except you are wrong. There have been many branches of humans, sure. And many died.

But in X-Men - two humans have been known to make a mutant and two mutants have been known to make a human. Mutants are a gene past down and not some different humans.

>Read comics
where do you think you are
help

They're a fucking sub-species at best. There's been no speciation, and it's been proven that they can breed with non-mutants to produce fertile offspring. Straight up Homo superior is a propoganda campaign by elitist mutie terrorists.
Trask's bullshit in DoFP was downright triggering. Neanderthal's WERE a separate species from a separate evolutionary branch that got outcompeted. Humans born with an X-Gene aren't. It's like saying gays are a different species.

Not everyone can be blessed with the gift.
among our civilization, we call these people retards

The only difference between homo erectus and homo sapiens was an allele. The same for homo superior and homo sapiens. Eventually the allele would overtake because it is shown to be a dominant trait on the X chromosome. You should really stop skipping class and you'd understand this. You keep referring to humanity under a blanket term when that is not true.

Are you a virgin? Do you feel threatened by some mutant? What's the matter? Have you been rejected by some sexy scaled sharkgirl?

Don't listen to that user. Mutants are a genejoke. They think that they are superior, while they are a joke.

What is a punnett square? There is always a small chance the offspring would be normal but a much larger chance theyd be a mutant.

Apparently it infected the real world considering the way Marvel treats mutants these days.

Better get on their fuckin' good side then.
Maybe prearrange a marriage so your genes can get on the lifeboat.

I love how marvel genocided mutants to make a point

Sublime was a poor concept. How come it only bullied the mutants and never other marvel superheroes?

Shadow King is the only correct answer
Fuck sublime, and fuck morrison.
I hate him, he fucked my wife

Other super teams are more open to the public. FF is public, Avengers have government connections.

>The people hating one group and not all doesn't seem to make any sense.

Yeah racism and bigotry is pretty wack

Yes, and?
Now humanity has cool powers.

nigga, FF got evicted from Baxter building how many times? Also, how many time Gyrich tried to disband Avengers, or how many times Avengers got the flak from the marvel strawman citizens?

How Hulk is treated? How fucking Power Pack was treated? Marvel citizens were trying to kill Power Pack, for fuck sake.

It's easier to just pretend mutants are from another dimension in the marvel comics world seeing as how they've been pretty much written out of the story by now.

Mutants aren't all black, user.

There is this notable scene from JLA / Avengers crossover when Quicksilver is disgusted that DC universe treats its metahumans as HEROES, while JLA is disgusted that MU kills heroes.

You should read it

And this is were the problem lies:humans who think bad of the mutants are fucking idiots.Most of the x-men events wouldn't happen if they were accepted,heck in apocalypse, the mutants started to get accepted and yes i'm mad that they cut that scene.

dude, you either worship them, or you're a dead meat.

Mutants are the next evolutionary step for homo sapiens. The idea of being replaced is a frightening one, at least to the ones being replaced.

seriously read JLA / Avengers.
You will have all answers you need, especially if you're a DC fag. That moment when Superman is disgusted at marvel universe is priceless

There is this funny scene, when JLA goes to Marvel Universe. Flash tries to save a mutant kid from angry mob, only he forgets that MU doesn't have a speedforce. The thing is, while he saves a mutie kid, the angry mob almost kills him

How would anyone know Spider-man wasn't born with powers?

The existence of a single dominant gene doesn't create a new species. The X-gene doesn't even have a typical expression.

It's all the same basic shit though.
Beast got his X-Gene because his dad worked at a power plant. And mutates have mutant kids all the time.
Heroes acquire powers because human DNA in the Marvel universe is ridiculously versatile and predisposed to superpower generation. The mutant allele is just one realization of it. Specifically one that cuts out the need for a catalyst.

They don't, which is whey they assume that he is a mutant. However, FF publicly confirmed that Spider-Man is not a mutant (Acts of Vengeance crossover, during the superhuman registration act, long before civil war)

Read Marvels

Mutations are a biologically neutral phenomenon. The sheer number of mutations that are adverse to the reproduction or even existence of its carrier in the MU, along with the number of mutations that don't offer a reproductive advantage, means that mutants would logically always be a minority.

t. Henry McCoy
Coy being the keyword

That's only a risk if you fucking ghettoize them.
And thus the problem comes full circle.

or you make babies with them.

I mean, really? Are we going to accept that someone who can randomly go through the walls of your house, or someone who can control your mind, or someone who can beat you up at the speed of light is somehow acceptable?

People, these are not muslims, gays, lgbt, sjws, we are talking about. It's not a buzzword. It's people with powers beyond our comprehension. They can do whatever they want, and we have nothing to say. No one polices them, no one controls them. They don't suffer any consequences. Are you really okay with that?

I was thinking about it as well. Better reign in hell than serve in heaven. Fucking muties, destroying the natural balance. They think that they are better, but they are the same as humans, they have the same vices. They are greedy, vain, lazy, angry, jealous, etc. Only they have powers, and they are not afraid of using them.

so the best way to deal with them is trying to kill them even if most of them rather lay low and only fight when attacked first?

Better safe than sorry. I don't think we can afford the risk. Unless you want to wake up with radioactive burn

I mean, muslims are at least homo sapiens.
Same with gays. You know what you deal with.
Mutants? They are a fucking enigma.
And the hardest part? Your existence is dependent on their whim

Apologies, replied to the wrong post.
To you I say: I have. And it's retarded. This guy goes on and on and on about how he wants to suck every caped cock he can and is then the first to throw a fucking brick at Cyke's head. And the only explanation we get is one fucking caption box on one fucking page about how "th-they're gonna replace us!". No, you cycloptic faggot. There is no fucking "us" and "them". You'll grow old and die, your kids will live on, and several generations down the line either they'll either produce their own mutie sprog spontaneously or by gobbling BMC. It's a non-fucking issue.
I swear the more I think about it the more it sounds like Sup Forums shit.

True, if this were a random mutation and not "being a mutant". The first is random, the second is an inheritable trait. Mutant is just a name.

And no that doesn't make sense any more than anything else involving science in a comic.

Why are inhumans fine if muties are scum?

How the fuck does Cyclops shoot gigawatt lasers out of his eyes without immediately starving?

None of it will ever make sense.

People bring this up like it makes no sense but there's nothing nonsensical about it. Spider-Man or the Fantastic Four got their powers in accident. Captain America was made by the government. Iron Man is technology. Theoretically anyone could become them. Thor is a god so I'd imagine people have more respect for him.

The X-Men are "normal" people who are the way they are because they're born. They're not made, they're not beings from a higher existence, they just are and they're multiplying and (previous to M-Day) were on track to overtake the normal human population as a majority in a few generations.

Most other heroes are made. Mutants are born and have plenty of people among their ranks who desire the extermination or subjugation of non-mutants.

Just look at Scarlet Witch.
she hated mutants so much that first, she reduced them, and then, she retconned herself from being a mutant. Look how much a mutant can hate himself

Yes, and?
Now humanity has cool powers.

Everything make sense if you read comics.
If you don't read them, then you're going to ask stupid questions.
This thread is a bait, but let's make the best out of it, and roleplay a little

This is a moot point when you have just as many (if not far more) examples to the tune of .

>sentien virus
>being an argument
nigga, I pity the fools, meaning, I pity you

Which is what scares people. You could have a mutant kid and wipe out the whole block.

Honestly it's like you've never even seen Children of the Corn or It's a Good Life.

The difference is that with mutates you have people who are largely mature at the time they receive their superpowers, so you can kind of trust them to be responsible (or at least to label themselves as villains if not). With mutants, you're just talking to a hormone delivery system.

It's not dominant at all, Hank McCoy and Hank McCoy's work during the Decimation showed that plenty of normal humans, who had never expressed their x-genes at all, were in fact carriers.

And there were lots of differences between H. erectus and H. sapiens - not least because their last common ancestor was about 1.3mya. Even if the genetic differences were very small, the cultural differences might have made all the difference - in essence, that it wasn't anything in particular about H. sapiens genetically that allowed it to overtake, but something simpler like the adoption and transmission of new toolmaking techniques or styles of living, something which is very hard to ascribe a genetic cause to.

Yeah; Vision, Leader and Spectrum are all pretty scary.
Say no to super-science! Give M'Baku all of your countries!

>I swear the more I think about it the more it sounds like Sup Forums shit.

Congratulations, you're starting to understand what the X-Men were created to highlight.

I'm talking about the image, user.

FUCK Science! It's not worth it!
Also, fuck Magic! I was protesting with my friend outside of Strange house. fucking satanist piece of shit. Not enough mutants, also fucking occultist scumbags. They think I don't know. I know everything I need to know

I'm A Gay Egomaniac?

I'd wholly agree were there not also so many New Warriors, Young Avengers, Runaways, Avengers Academy students...
As is I can only partially agree.

I have no idea what you're on about but it made me smile all the same, Thanks for that.

dude, it's an acronym for IMAGE