What movies scared you really bad as a kid?

What movies scared you really bad as a kid?

I was far too young when I watched this with my sister, I wasn't scared at the time, because we watched it in the middle of the day - but later that night when we were going to bed I was shitting myself with terror. Thinking I have given myself the curse and I was going to die. Made worse by the fact we had a television right in the middle of our bedroom. In the middle of the night I thought I saw a shadow move on the screen and I ran up to the TV sweating and crying.

I had to sleep with my parents for the rest of the week.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5OlSgtKB37s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Was up late one night mb 10 y/o when parents were out and thought i'd watch some tv, saw some space shit and thought cool this is star trek. But it was event horizon pretty fucked up.

the exorcist, I kept imagining pazuzu everywhere at night. my grandma had a creepy old mirror and at night it looked like a black portal, plus old house making noises.
also, can't remember exactly which movie, but I was afraid to step near my bed because I was afraid something under it would grab me so I had to jump on it and keep my feet well covered.

>that closet scene

He was too real and life-like in my head
Cgi really did fuck up movies

I also saw that as a kid and for some reason for the longest time I thought the main character was David Attenborough because I'd watched a bunch of his docos before. He does look similar to Sam Neill.

"envy is my sin" still gives me shivers until today
i get more scared of dark movies than of horror ones. The 7th Continent for example

I had rampant night terrors as a kid and Simpsons Halloween episodes scared me and I wasn't allowed to watch them again until I was 15

Pic related fucked me up for years

I had a wet dream about Samara Morgan that ended with us living together, sharing chores, discussing whether to introduce ourselves to new neighbors because of the whole killing-look thing.
(Before you ask, I had been forewarned and gouged out my eyes.)

>I was afraid to step near my bed because I was afraid something under it would grab me so I had to jump on it and keep my feet well covered.
Shame you don't remember. Something that always scared me as a kid. A movie based on that fear sounds fun.

I got a spine tingle looking through google images when I saw this one, not seen it since I was a kid and never plan to.

I know it was probably shit before you post your mean comments but I was a kid

Child's Play and The Exorcist.

Also "creep" set in the london underground. Don't even want to google that shit

Original image is shamalamadingdongs "the village"

Jumanji

Same, I was terrified of the one where Flanders became a werewolf and the one where Bart had a twin brother (Hugo?) In the attic

>also, can't remember exactly which movie, but I was afraid to step near my bed because I was afraid something under it would grab me so I had to jump on it and keep my feet well covered

Poltergeist? The clown.

I watched Ringu with a bunch of cousins in a cottage in the woods with the volume on full blast. Pretty creepy and the worst part was our oldest cousin put on white noise and called one of our cell phones at 3am and nobody but him could sleep through the night
youtube.com/watch?v=5OlSgtKB37s

The drum sounds the game made in the opening scared me

fukn pitch black taught me about camouflage

The garbage twists ruined that movie so bad. I was digging the original concept so much and ended up hating the movie so bad.

Scream spooked me when I was younger. Slept with a baseball bat for a while after

i did not expect event horizon to freak me out as much as it did either. it sort of started as a cool scifi and the horror elements really came out of nowhere. Now that I think of it though most movies set in space on spaceships/coming across abandoned spaceships or wrecks are of course going to turn into a horror movie. with the exception maybe with lost in space.

Was wayy too young for this but God damn dolls freak me out now.